WoMD ... so where are they?

by Simon 865 Replies latest social current

• dubla
    dubla
    President Bush skipped quickly past the niceties and went straight to his chief political obsession: Where are the weapons of mass destruction?

why is bush even asking that? after all, he knew all along they werent there, didnt he?

aa

• William Penwell
  • Simon
    Simon

breaking news:

"Whitehall sources say they no longer believe WMD likely to be found in iraq"

This is a bombshell isn't it? It's likely that the buck passing has begun and people are trying to pass the parcel because the position has become untennable.

Which fool will take the blame? Well, I think we have a candidate ...

"Downing street says Tony Blair still convinced evidence of WMD programmes will be found"

This is in response to the parlimentary select committee report into the whole affair that, even though it was stuffed with government supporters and denied access to documents and people concluded that there are big questions that need answering.

IT WAS RIGHT TO BE SKEPTICAL OF THE REASONS GIVEN FOR GOING TO WAR

I don't believe that the British voters will forgive being lied to like they were and there are more demands for proper inquiries. This could finish our government.

It will likely put pressure on the US congress to investigate things more thoroughly than they have done so far.

• Realist
    Realist

Rumsfeld just stated that the US had NO new information about WMDs before the war. they attacked because of the old reports from before 911!

• Simon
    Simon

it's the trouble with lies, they always come out in the end ... especially massive ones like this !

My money is on Blair going first.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Weapons of Mass Distraction.

www.counterpunch.org/cloughley01292003.html

Guest 77

• Simon
  • Abaddon
    Abaddon

*sniff sniff*

Hey, who want's some Humble Pie? It's piping hot and ready to eat, with lashings of Republican Relish!

Nah-nah-nahnah-nah

Nah-nah-nahnah-nah

Nah-nah-nahnah-nah

Nah-nah-nahnah-nah

Nah-nah-nahnah-nah

• Englishman
    Englishman

Blair refuses to go along with Rumsfeld:

'WEAPONS WILL BE FOUND'
    Downing Street has denied reports that many within the Government now believe that weapons of mass destruction will never be found in Iraq.

The BBC's political editor, Andrew Marr, said "very senior sources" had virtually ruled out the discovery of WMDs.

But a Downing Street spokesman said: "The authentic voice from the top of Government spoke yesterday - the Prime Minister.

"His words are clear and they are on the record."

Tony Blair told the Commons Liaison Committee he was convinced that evidence of Iraq's weapons programme would be found.

"I have absolutely no doubt at all that we will find evidence of weapons of mass destruction programmes," Mr Blair said at the hearing

They must be there, then.

Englishman.

Englishman.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Abaddon

What is amazing to me is how so many logical posters on this forum were worked into a drum beating frenzy by the war propaganda.

Instead of them eating humble pie, I would prefer an apology for some of the insults that were hurled our way.

"I have absolutely no doubt at all that we will find evidence of weapons of mass destruction programmes," Mr Blair said at the hearing

I feel badly for Blair. He trusted his allies and he was lied to also.

Robyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit