WoMD ... so where are they?

by Simon 865 Replies latest social current

• Englishman
    Englishman
    I feel badly for Blair. He trusted his allies and he was lied to also.

Hi Robyn,

Blair has just this morning stated that he expects to find hard evidence as well as "programmes".

Now that is sticking one's neck out..

Englishman.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Personally I just wish they'd plant some, find them, and then move onto important things like West African wars, the global economy, and the Middle East peace process.

Expatbrit

• Robdar
    Robdar

Now that is sticking one's neck out..

Eman,

I agree. That is sticking one's neck out. I get the feeling that there will be hell to pay for some of the politicians who were involved in this illegal war. I hope that the citizens of the UK and the USA vote the SOB's outta office.

Rob

• Shakita
    Shakita

Maybe this was answered in the many previous posts and I missed it, but exactly where did the chemical and biological weapons go to that the UN itself said were there? They did not vanish into thin air, did they? To conclude that Saddam did not have any weapons at all because nothing has been found, seems to easy. I have read numerous books and articles about Saddam's weapons programs and, if these are to be believed, then where did these weapons go? DId Saddam suddenly get a attack of conscience and destroy them all? Did he send them to his brothers in Syria? Did he dump them into the river? They have to be somewhere. I believe many years from now we will know the whole truth about what happened to the chemical and biological weapons. There were too many people involved, scientists and the like, who know what happened to them, or at the least, know where they were manufactured and distributed.

As for the nuclear program Saddam was supposed to be accelerating.....I am totally disgusted. This is one lie that will come back to haunt Bush when people go to the poles next election. The democrats are building up their case right now and Bush will have to do some very creative dancing around the issue to get out of this one. They are talking of making a commission to find out the real truth, I won't hold my breath. The commission on 9/11 still can not make any headway into getting the documents they need from the government and the people on the inside to conclude their report by next May on the findings of what really happened on that horrible day.

I still believe that there are circumstances that warrant fighting to try to keep the dangerous dictators of the world in check, my own Uncle died in WWll and my mother never really got over her favorite brother dying. I abhor the propaganda that surrounded the invasion into Iraq, but what was the alternative? Over 30 years a dictator and his family were torturing and murdering thousands upon thousands of innocent people....and no amount of peaceful tactics was working...how much diplomacy does it take....50 years?...the greatest minds could not figure out how to oust Saddam and his Sons from power... How can someone sit by and watch the horrors that Saddam was inflicting on his people and not DO anything to stop it? You can not preach peace to a monster while thousands of families suffer.

If I have said anything in this post or others about this subject that seemed argumentative, I do apologize. But we are all victims of the propaganda that we hear and read from those who seem to know more than us, we not being in "the know" and having all the inside information.

I say bring back the star wars program to protect the US from North Korea (who will have many nuclear weapons by the end of the year) and Iran (who are about to sign agreements that aren't worth the paper they are written on) who harbour a deep seated hatred for all Americans and would not hesitate to blow a few million of them from kingdom come. Once our enemies have the power to incinerate our world and destroy our atmosphere forever, we all really don't have a chance in hell of making it into the next century.

Mrs. Shakita

• Francois
    Francois

Actually, Simon, I'm refering to you allowing this thread to go on ad infinitum especially in view of your well-known Anti-American viewpoint and outlook. This thread violates Guideline #1 in that it is insulting to all Americans and other anti-tyrant forces and it violates Guidleline #2 in that it incites hatred of a particular nationality (especially its leader): the USA.

You locked a very interesting thread a couple of weeks ago on heated arguments/adult debates/free speech, etc. because of your stated reason that you were "getting damn tired of this shit," or words to that effect.

Well, I'm damn tired of your allowing this insulting, anti-US thread to continue merely in the service of your own well-known anti-Americanism. If that's not a double standard based solely on your ownership of this thread I'll kiss your ass on any street corner of any capital city in the free world and give you a half hour to draw a crowd. Your transparency is becoming astounding in its arrogance. Is that supposed to be an unannounced, unhearalded perk of board ownership? Thou can goeth where ever thou listith?

So, once again I say, I'm tired of this shit so lets lock this thread, just like you locked the one referenced above - but this time do it because I'm tired of this shit. That way, we will see a practical demonstration that there truly is no favoritism on this board, and no hypocrisy either. All in favor of such a positive demonstration by Simon (and hang the topic of this thread) say aye.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

come come, now francois. to gloat over being right about the threat of WMD being lies has nothing to do with anti-americanism. you are just on the wrong side of the opinions and it's just a case of sour grapes. i'm sure those americans who were anti-war, wouldn't be calling simon 'anti-american'.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Shakita:

Maybe this was answered in the many previous posts and I missed it, but exactly where did the chemical and biological weapons go to that the UN itself said were there? They did not vanish into thin air, did they? To conclude that Saddam did not have any weapons at all because nothing has been found, seems to easy. I have read numerous books and articles about Saddam's weapons programs and, if these are to be believed, then where did these weapons go? DId Saddam suddenly get a attack of conscience and destroy them all? Did he send them to his brothers in

Yes, there are too many people who would now be able to make a huge amount of money by leading the coalition forces to the WOMD. But they don’t. Doesn’t that make you a tiny bit suspicious? It IS possible he destroyed them before the war. Do you SERIOUSLY think he FedEx’d them somewhere? Come on!

• Perhaps a big mistake was made.
    • Perhaps we were told lies to make it politically possible to establish a long term base in Iraq , which would remove the dependency for bases in that zone the USA has on Saudi.

I still believe that there are circumstances that warrant fighting to try to keep the dangerous dictators of the world in check, my own Uncle died in WWll and my mother never really got over her favorite brother dying. I abhor the propaganda that surrounded the invasion into , but what was the alternative? Over 30 years a dictator and his family were torturing and murdering thousands upon thousands of innocent people....and no amount of peaceful tactics was working...how much diplomacy does it take....50 years?...the greatest minds could not figure out how to oust Saddam and his Sons from power... How can someone sit by and watch the horrors that Saddam was inflicting on his people and not DO anything to stop it? You can not preach peace to a monster while thousands of families suffer.

Yes, but once you start justifying lying to convince people you are doing the right thing, you are on a slippery slope.

If I have said anything in this post or others about this subject that seemed argumentative, I do apologize. But we are all victims of the propaganda that we hear and read from those who seem to know more than us, we not being in "the know" and having all the inside information.

How come people both in the USA and elsewhere could see through it? We all were too trusting once, we should avoid the same mistake again.

I say bring back the star wars program to protect the US from North Korea (who will have many nuclear weapons by the end of the year) and Iran (who are about to sign agreements that aren't worth the paper they are written on) who harbour a deep seated hatred for all Americans and would not hesitate to blow a few million of them from kingdom come.

Once again propaganda has blinded you. A nd , even if they DO have nuclear weapons, would only threaten their neighbours as they don’t have the missiles to deliver nuclear warheads over intercontinental distances. Any star wars program is effective only against a large scale launch against the continental United States . Small launches in the third world would very likely be beyond its capabilities. As there are now no countries likely to launch full-scale nuclear war against the USA , starwars is just jobs, money and toys for the boys.

Once our enemies have the power to incinerate our world and destroy our atmosphere forever, we all really don't have a chance in hell of making it into the next century.

Yes, that’s exactly what they want you to believe. Scared people are easily lead.

Francois:

Actually, Simon, I'm referring to you allowing this thread to go on ad infinitum especially in view of your well-known Anti-American viewpoint and outlook. This thread violates Guideline #1 in that it is insulting to all Americans and other anti-tyrant forces and it violates Guidleline #2 in that it incites hatred of a particular nationality (especially its leader): the .

Utter bollocks Francois, and I think you know it. If you think it is insulting to ask where the weapons we were assured are there are after they don’t turn up the way we assured they would, then just give political leaders a carte blanche to lie, why don’t you? You might be insulted by it, but asking proof of statements when those statements don’t materialise into facts is essential. Oh, by your logic we can’t ask questions about 1975 either. Come on, you are far brighter than that if you disengage your knee-jerk nationalism. As for inciting hatred of a particular nationality, why not read the thread? It’s about the way the American government seem to have lied. The American people have NOTHING to do with the lies of the American government (hell, less than half of those that voted voted for Bush, it’s not even voting American’s fault that Bush is in power). Again, it’s like saying to criticise the Governing Body is to incite hatred of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Now, admit those were stupid arguments. If you had a decent argument, then the run-on attack you make might be valid, but as your argument is the worst one I’ve seen in ages, the whole post is a waste of time. Perhaps you’ll set up your own board to redress the ‘terrible’ bias? Or perhaps you will admit that the doubts cast upon the existence of WOMD were right, and that the suspicion in the people putting those claims forward is justified?

Or are YOU too biased for that?

(oh, Believe it on not all occurances of USA or United States disappeared from the post when I made it! I had to go back and edit them in)

• Englishman
    Englishman

Francois,

Is it anti-Americanism when it's Americans who are being anti? The thread seems reasonably balanced on this page anyway, I've wound a tiny criticism into Tony Blair but you won't mind that I guess.

Englishman.

• greven
    greven

Am I happy to see y'all or did I just put a weapon of mass destruction in my pocket?!

WOOOFFF!!!

LOL people!

• greven

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit