WoMD ... so where are they?

by Simon 865 Replies latest social current

• dubla
    dubla

search-

youre not actually simon posting under a different handle, are you? its amazing that you two have the exact same faulty logic on this issue........have you read my posts to him? basically im just going to repeat myself here yet again, but here we go......

showed pictures of WMD, but they had been cleared...when? Before the war?

yes before the war....as a matter of fact, he even specifically said that inspectors had been to the sites after they had been cleared! is this hard to grasp? have you even read the u.n. documents, or are you just regurgitating what youve heard?

If they were cleared before the war then there were none to get so why invade.

like simon, you are confusing cleared or "cleaned" with destroyed. to clean up a site simply means to move the chemicals out, and bulldoze the evidence.......the chemicals get moved, not destroyed. do you understand the difference? if no one knows where they were moved to, how could they give specific coodinates on the current location? they cant, and they never pretended to.......youre trying to twist his presentation into something it wasnt.

If he showed WMD that had to be destroyed then they must have been current pictures or that would be lying wouldn't it?

like i said, inspectors have been to the site after the pictures were taken.....powell said this while showing the photos. please read the documents for yourself, i think itll help.

aa

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

I don't think Simon would be too pleased comparing me to him...LOL

I listened to the Powell presentation and he insisted that the satelite photo's were of WMD in-situ and they were the excuse to go in.

He never said that they were pictures of sites that had been 'cleaned up' by the Iraqi's.

He used a dodgy tape recording perporting to be an Iraqi soldier talking about removing WMD from a site...totally fakeable.

In fact ALL the 'evidence' was dodgy and it was realised as such virtually straight away.

• dubla
    dubla

search-

you mustve listened to an edited version of the report then. heres an excerpt from the presentation powell gave....please not the bold/italic portion at the bottom:

Let's look at one. This one is about a weapons munition facility, a facility that holds ammunition at a place called Taji. This is one of about 65 such facilities in Iraq. We know that this one has housed chemical munitions. In fact, this is where the Iraqis recently came up with the additional four chemical weapons shells.
    Here you see 15 munitions bunkers in yellow and red outlines. The four that are in red squares represent active chemical munitions bunkers.

How do I know that? How can I say that? Let me give you a closer look. Look at the image on the left. On the left is a close-up of one of the four chemical bunkers. The two arrows indicate the presence of sure signs that the bunkers are storing chemical munitions. The arrow at the top that says "security" points to a facility that is a signature item for this kind of bunker. Inside that facility are special guards and special equipment to monitor any leakage that might come out of the bunker. The truck you also see is a signature item. It's a decontamination vehicle in case something goes wrong. This is characteristic of those four bunkers. The special security facility and the decontamination vehicle will be in the area, if not at any one of them or one of the other, it is moving around those four and it moves as needed to move as people are working in the different bunkers.

Now look at the picture on the right. You are now looking at two of those sanitized bunkers. The signature vehicles are gone, the tents are gone. It's been cleaned up. And it was done on the 22nd of December as the UN inspection team is arriving, and you can see the inspection vehicles arriving in the lower portion of the picture on the right.

The bunkers are clean when the inspectors get there. They found nothing.

He never said that they were pictures of sites that had been 'cleaned up' by the Iraqi's.

um, he didnt? er, please explain the above then...im confused?

I listened to the Powell presentation and he insisted that the satelite photo's were of WMD in-situ and they were the excuse to go in.

this is a blatant misrepresentation of the facts. powells presentation WAS NOT "the excuse to go in".........the reason to "go in" was that saddam had not fully complied with res.1441, which called for military action. powells presentation was simply a last ditch effort to unite the security council, it was not, in any way shape or form, the primary reason/evidence given to support the invasion. there was a mountain of evidence before powell ever spoke to the u.n., which is why ive always stated that my personal belief that there are wmd in iraq has never been due to anything powell said.....his report is really secondary to the years of lies and dancing by saddam and company. the proof was there long ago.

aa

• Jayson
    Jayson

D. They are screwing with you. You already hashed this in great detail presenting reality as opposed to sensationalism and opinion. They ignored you then and they will ignore you now. I think we would have better luck and time better spent trying to get a tree to listen to ALL the facts and not rush to judgment than to carry on here. I tried to present facts, they were ignored and I was insulted and useless fighting was the end result. I even attempted putting forward all sides. That was also ignored. The minds of some were made up before this thread was started. They are right we are wrong case closed. Remember they are the judge. As the saying goes you can only lead the horse to water. (let it go)

T H your impeach banner means that no one should take anything you say serious. It is nothing more than pathetic propaganda aimed to start a fight. But I guess it suits somes tastes here so I'm sure it will be allowed stay up.

Search I have yet to watch Panarama but I will.

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

Weapons of mass destruction: we cannot let them get away with it

25 May 2003

Where are Iraq's weapons of mass destruction? On 18 March, Tony Blair made what was regarded at the time as one of the best and most important speeches of his political career. Opening the historic debate in the Commons on the eve of the war against Iraq, Mr Blair focused almost entirely on the dangers posed by Saddam Hussein's weapons. The speech is worth revisiting because the superficially persuasive arguments deployed then are in such astonishing contrast to Mr Blair's evasiveness now.

Labour MPs challenge Blair over Iraq's WMDs

By Andy McSmith, Severin Carrell and Paul Lashmar

25 May 2003

Tony Blair is facing growing political pressure to explain the mystery of Iraq's missing weapons of mass destruction. With no solid evidence yet that there are any chemical, biological or nuclear weapons in occupied Iraq, more than 70 MPs, including 53 Labour MPs, have signed a Commons motion challenging him to prove his claim that they were ever there in the first place.

Britain's participation in the invasion of Iraq is to be condemned as illegal by eminent international lawyers at a conference in London next weekend. The conflict raised two issues, said Professor Philippe Sands QC, a member of Cherie Booth's Matrix chambers. "First, did the Security Council authorise the use of force, and the answer to that is no. And were we misled about the presence of weapons of mass destruction? Apparently, yes."

In the US the CIA has begun an inquiry into whether its intelligence was faulty, but it is not thought that MI6 will do the same. Menzies Campbell, the Liberal Democrat foreign affairs spokesman, wants intelligence chiefs to be made to answer to Parliament as other senior civil servants have to.

Just two articles from the Independant this week regarding the Weapons of Mass Disappearence!

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

An article by Robert Fisk...New Zealand Herald

NZ News
    Headlines
    Dialogue
    News Cartoon
    World News
    Business
    Money
    Technology
    Sports
    Entertainment
    Travel
    Features
    Weather
    Marine
    Classifieds
    Employment
    Property
    Motoring

Online Edition
    FYI email alerts
    Digital subscriptions
    Site map
    FAQ/Help
    Advertising
    Feedback
    Contacts
    Print Edition
    Print subscriptions
    Back issues
    Photo sales
    Letters to the Editor
    Advertising
    Contacts
    Herald Promotions
    Schools Programme
    College Herald
    Other Sites
    Wilson & Horton
    APN News & Media
    UBD
    MyTown
    Herald Foundation
    Search Advanced Search / Help
    New Zealand Herald
    >> Home >> Dialogue

Robert Fisk: So what was the war for?

LONDON - More than 50 dead in a week. Thanks for the Iraq war.

Thank you, Mr Bush and Mr Blair, for making our world safer by ridding us of the one tyrant - Saddam Hussein - who never had any connection with 11 September 2001, or with the Riyadh bombings or with the bombings in Casablanca.

The "liberation" of Iraq was supposed to free us from the bombers of al Qaeda. So said Mr Blair. So said Mr Straw. Could you talk to us, please, Messrs Blair and Straw? What was Iraq for? No, we don't have any "claim of responsibility" for the Casablanca massacre, but the nature of the cold calculation behind the Casablanca bombings is sufficient.

One suicide bomber kills himself by blowing open the doors of the Jewish community centre. Then his surviving comrade blows himself up inside. Weren't the Jews - like the Christians - "people of the Book", honoured by Islam? But then - and there's always a "but then" - wasn't Morocco a "friend" of the West, a country that has resorted to torture again over the past year in its pro-American battle against "terrorism", yet another country in which human rights have taken second place to President Bush's war on terror?

Osama bin Laden always said that his intention was to overthrow "the corrupt monarchies of the Arab world". It was Saudi Arabia at the beginning of the week, Morocco at the end. So, back to the point. Ten suicide bombers killed the innocent of Casablanca - that's more than half the total killers of September 11, 2001. And only five days after al Qaeda struck Riyadh.

Was it not President Bush who boasted to us of how America had struck a devastating blow in the "war on terror" in Iraq? Was it not Vice-President Cheney who informed us that al Qaeda was reeling from America's bombardment of Afghanistan? Was it not Defence Secretary Rumsfeld who would have us believe that half of al Qaeda's leadership was eliminated - either through capture or murder (let us speak frankly) at America's hands? So take a look at the terrain.

Afghanistan is in a state of anarchy, its pathetic government scarcely ruling over Kabul. Iraq is in an even more incipient state of anarchy, largely without electricity, money or petrol. And this is a war of good against evil?

Casablanca is a sorry and pertinent page in the history of America's folly in the Arab world. So what comes next? More boasts by President Bush that he is winning the "war against terror" or more claims - yes, he told you so - that the "war on terror" is eternal? Heaven spare us all.

- INDEPENDENT

Herald Feature: Iraq

Iraq links and resources

E-mail story link to a friend Print story Top

Dialogue Colin James: Greens have to give ground but Labour still needs them

Denis Dutton: Rational US reacts to awful memories

Poor excuse for shameful slip in education rights

Yasmin Alibhai-Brown: Dark side of the Empire's crowning glory

Brian Rudman: Public should have say on superdome

Barbara Sumner Burstyn: Drug testing bid will alienate already helpless children

Security of supply has high price tag

John Armstrong: Clark digs in over oil and gas

John Roughan: Even I could run power supply

Diana Wichtel: New anthem could well be a winner

John Armstrong: Loose lips come back to bite PM

Brian Rudman: Honour Blake by buying an island gem

Sport: It's more than just games

The father of a nation comes face to face with a truly great man

Johann Hari: Why suicide bombers die with a smile

Jim Hopkins: A parable of the adventures of Dialysis in Wonderland

Little in the Budget to benefit our kids

Education has much to gain from less regulation

Garth George: Confuse secular and sacred and all you get is trouble

Oil and gas legitimate treaty claim

Dispensing change best for chemists' customers

John Armstrong: Speaker refuses to give 6-letter word House room
  • Realist
    Realist

i have another question:

WHERE IN THE WORLD IS HUSSEIN???????????????????

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Saddam is currently travelling around the American mid-west in a Winnebago full of WoMD.

• Realist
    Realist

LOL

thats what i thought

bush should better be careful!

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Even pro-american Bill O'Reilly is waiting for the answer, where's the WoMD? Who's being conned?

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit