Teen puts a frog in a potato gun. Frog exacts revenge.

by Yizuman 86 Replies latest jw friends

• asortafairytale
  • Yizuman
    Yizuman
    How many of you have dissected a frog in biology class?

*Raises hand!*

Yizuman

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Do you wear leather or suede?

• Robdar
    Robdar

I have never dissected frogs. But I have dissected sheep and pigs. Once you get inside a mammal, it is interesting to see how similar they are to humans. Although you can hold a sheep's brain in the palm of your hand, that brain still functions and provides everything that the sheep needs. Sure, it can't do higher math, but then sheep do not need higher math.

Whereas, I do not think that animals are equal to humans, I do believe that we should show them respect. Of course, I still like to eat them....

Robyn

• asortafairytale
    asortafairytale

Teenyuck~

No, I don't...all of my shoes are made from synthetic products, and nothing else I own, or wear is made from animal skin, or fur. I don't eat meat, or any animal by-product(milk, eggs, cheese, etc.)

Most of my friends(my girlfriend included), are anti-peta. It is a personal choice.

~Asortafairytale~

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Just curious.....

My next door neighbor won't eat meat, however, she eats cheese. Yet she wears leather, has leather sofa's and sees nothing wrong with putting it on her body or into her dogs body.

The impression I get from her is that it was trendy when she started, now, she is stuck with it. She continually says she likes and misses meat and fish.

I just don't get it.

I think animals are precious. However, no where near as precious as a person. I have no problem eating them.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Wow, I had no idea how many people who are in the PETA class in this forum and I'm sorry I offended everyone's feelings.

The kid did a really dumb thing and he deserved a lesson from all this. I'm thankful tho he didn't kill himself in the process. Hopefully he'll ditch the potato gun and never pick it up ever again.

I've done stupid and dangerous stuff as a kid too and like most kids, kids tend to be curious about alot of things and a good number of them get hurt. I played with firecrackers as a kid and one blew up in my fingers, thankfully I didn't lose any fingers. I learned the hard way not to play with firecrackers ever again.

I agree with Vivamus though...

I happen to disagree. I find my life extremely more important than any frog's life. And if I'd had to choose between the life of a frog and the life of a human being, the frog is toast.

I would pick the human being's life over a frog anytime of the day, even if I have to at a certain point lay down my life to save a life of another human being. That's just me.

Mary wrote: Yizuman, you're a pig. It's amazing how you seem to have all the time in the world to surf the Net for articles like this and beg people for money because of YOUR disability, and then you so callously make a comment like the one you did. Perhaps you should spend more time trying to improve yourself and finding a freakin job instead of posting articles like this.

Why was it that important to drudge up my past mistake? Also, how do you know I am not out looking for a job? In fact, I was out looking for a job yesterday passing out resumes from 7 AM to almost 3 PM, about an hour and half before the 4:30 dinner time at the missions where I am staying. The forum's clock is an hour difference from here.

Another fact is that the Indiana economy is in a bad shape that unemployment has gone up. Delco Remy closed 3 plants here in Indiana. Thanks to our current Govenor(s?) for screwing up our economy. He also raised our current tax status on goods from 5% to 7% and I don't know what else he has done, but alot of businesses are hurting. Indiana from what I have read in the papers states that it has no money, not even a surplus.

Indianapolis Star reported that single people, including those who are single mothers who are unemployed here in Indiana have a unemployment rate of 27 weeks or more before landing a new job. Which is pretty distressing to me.

But I am not giving up.

Anyway, today is a bad day for job hunting since the weather is really bad, lotsa thunderstorms and rain and I have no raincoat or umbrella to keep dry. (Thank goodness the library is 3 doors down from the missions to dash on down) It's supposed to let up some today, so if it does and the weather improves, I'm heading back out the street to keep on looking. I'm getting really frustrated, so I hope I get a call soon.

Again, I do apologize for offending the PETA people's feelings.

Yizuman

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Teenyuck wrote: "I think animals are precious. However, no where near as precious as a person. I have no problem eating them."

At least we can agree on this. Regardless of how we feel about each other Teenyuck, you're a precious person nonetheless.

Yizuman

• teenyuck
    teenyuck
    At least we can agree on this. Regardless of how we feel about each other Teenyuck, you're a precious person nonetheless.

You are only saying that because I am an Empress now...

Tina, as she straightens her tiara and pulls up her white gloves

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

of course humans do not think a frog's life is more important than a human life! DUH! But ask that frog's mother how she feels! Humans are so arrogant! Made in 'god's image'--yeah you bet! Jehovah God! That arrogant imbecile god! And that kid just reaped what he had sown--according to human god's own rule book--eat an apple send every child ever born to hell! Kill a frog---go blind---hey sounds like god to me.

incidentally according to the human god's rulebook doesn't it go something like 'faithful in little faithful in much'? So therefore if this kid devalued the life of a frog, then why would we expect him to respect the life of a human--he obviously didn't respect his own! He looked down into the wrong end of a gun that was loaded! You tell me who was using more brain cells--the kid or the frog?

Poor frog.

Ravyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit