Liberals have lost the Iraq argument, so please stop whining...

by dolphman 104 Replies latest social current

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Our side needs to keep the celebrating down to a minimum, it will be at least 30 years and probably more like 50 years before we know whether or not this attempt at democratization in Iraq is really working. It'd be nice though to see all the mideast go to a representative form of government. So far, only one, Israel, and one in the wings, Iraq. I hope Iraq's works. Let's give them the help and support they need.

The outcome of this war is assured, so let's argue the next war instead.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    So far, only one, Israel

Yep, and we know they're record on human rights.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

We know their record on human rights? THey have the best record in the region, that's for sure. Some of their methods are harsh, some are even over the top, but you be in the position they have for the last 55 years and see how you're doing. Besides, every time some anti-Israeli pundent mentions the human rights record of Israel, somehow the Palestinian record never gets brought up. I'm not just talking about their record as regards Israelis, I'm talking about the Human Rights abuses against other Palestinians.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    We know their record on human rights? THey have the best record in the region, that's for sure. Some of their methods are harsh, some are even over the top, but you be in the position they have for the last 55 years and see how you're doing.

Ah ok, guess you didn't read the news about Belgiums Supreme Court ruling that leaves the way open for an investigation into the alleged role of Ariel Sharon in a 1982 massacre.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Like I care about what the Belgics think, or that Sharon cares either, or the Israeli people. World opinion is just that OPINION. The facts don't support that he had a role in the massacre. The christian Lebonese did.

• IronGland
  • Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

IRONGLAND YOU OLD BASTAR*! THAT is Hillarious

Thanks for making my day.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Irongland,

That was freaking hilarious! I am so glad you posted that. I am getting out of these arguments because it is getting retarded. Thanks for the wake up call.

Robyn

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    Like I care about what the Belgics think, or that Sharon cares either, or the Israeli people. World opinion is just that OPINION. The facts don't support that he had a role in the massacre. The christian Lebonese did.

We don't know the real facts, because it's never been tried in court. Since world opinion doesn't matter, why should the world care about the way American POW's are treated? It goes both ways, there is a thing called international law. If we don't abide by it, why should we expect anyone else to? Since we used the liberation premise, though it was WOMD excuse before, why stop at Iraq, let's liberate the palistinians, iran, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, North Korea, China, Cuba, Columbia, etc, etc, etc..

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Neither Israel nor the US are subject to the World Court, we didn't sign on to that treaty, therefore, the World Court has ZERO authority. When Belguim does something for the world other than offer waffles, let me know.

Were this suppossed World Court free of political taint and if "international law" really meant something, we'd talk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit