Liberals have lost the Iraq argument, so please stop whining...

by dolphman 104 Replies latest social current

• Realist
    Realist

dubla,

thanks for clearing this up!

about the numbers.....number twisting is a primary propaganda tool. instead of 1000 people 100 000 were killed, instead of 10 liter of VX gas 10000 liters etc.

i would never trust any numbers as long as they are not confirmed by at least 2 different sources.

• dubla
    dubla

realist-

well, the number of sites to be checked was given by tommy franks, so i suppose what youd be looking for is a second source confirming the words of tommy franks, which shouldnt be too tall of an order.........unless youre wanting a second source besides franks, which could of course only come from our military considering we are the ones searching, and id imagine anyone from our military would back up what franks has to say on the matter. disproving his intelligence information on the suspected sites would probably prove to be pretty difficult, im guessing.

aa

• Realist
    Realist

dubla,

actually i think franks is fulfilling "bush's" commands...so no i do not consider him an neutral source of information.

• dubla
    dubla

realist-

um, franks a "neutral source of information"? i think anyone declaring tommy franks as "neutral" would have to be committed! obviously hes not neutral in any way shape or form....the fact is, if tommy franks says our soldiers are going to search 1000 sites for wmd, disproving that statement is going to prove difficult. i suppose he could be lying outright and making up numbers, but implying that would be nothing more than an unfounded accusation. sorry, but if our military is searching the grounds, our military is going to report how many sites have been searched, and how many more will be. with a country the size of california, the numbers given are not surprising at all...in fact im surprised they arent higher.

aa

• Realist
    Realist

dubla,

i totally agree....

I hope the US will allow UN inspectors to verify any findings!

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Realist, you are correct about FOX. Murdoch put together a crack team, heh? As to the view that they may be *right* wing....so what?! How long has the media been *left* wing? For too long. FOX is creating a new model and many people seem to like it.

Bottom line: They must be doing something right. Their ratings are very high. Getting people who can debate issues, not just interview Tom Cruise, is quite a change from the norm.

As I noted to TH in another thread: We have debated this to death. I won't change my mind and I won't try to change yours.

You imply that anyone who watches FOX is an idiot. So be it. I think anyone who doesn't is...

• Realist
    Realist

teenyuck,

You imply that anyone who watches FOX is an idiot. So be it. I think anyone who doesn't is...

come on was that necessary? i never implied anyone watching FOX is an idiot.

They must be doing something right. Their ratings are very high.

hmmm just because the ratings are high doesn't mean they are broadcasting truthful information.

you know nationalistic ideas sell very well everywhere on this planet! tell people they are better than others, their way is the only right way, their country is better than all others and a large number of folks will follow you. happened many many times in history!

• hurt
    hurt

FOX news. Foxes! They got lying on the news insttutionalized. They even won in some court. I'd be wary listening to folks like that. Bu tif you like some massaging...

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

F.Y.I. My final comment was made tongue firmly in cheek....However the underlying impression that you and others have given is that if FOX is quoted it is not legitimate, therefore the person quoting the story cannot be taken seriously. They don't make stories up. They report what they are told, with their slant....just like Peter on ABC. His slant comes through on his reporting.

you know nationalistic ideas sell very well everywhere on this planet! tell people they are better than others, their way is the only right way, their country is better than all others and a large number of folks will follow you.

Realist, no one in the mainstream media (I include FOX) is saying this. They are reporting. When Juan Williams, the NPR guy, comes on Tony Snow's show on Sunday, he gets his say. Sometimes Tony agrees. Sometimes they argue. Even Juan *Left-Wing* Williams would agree that FOX does not say what I am quoting you on.

I do not believe that the USA is better than every country; just some: (a few come to mind: Saudia Arabia, Pakistan, China, N. Korea---countries that allow few freedoms and use religion and/or fear to repress people). On the whole, you will not hear a mainstream reporter ever say our country is the only good one. You will not hear them say it is better than all others. If I heard a reporter say this, they would instantly lose credibility in my eyes.

My opinions of the above named countries are based upon reading and seeing news stories. Do I want to wear a veil or not drive (Saudia Arabia)? NO. Do I want to be given in marriage and with religious repression? (Pakistan) NO.

Do I want to fear speaking out about the leaders (N. Korea and China) NO.

That is why I like living in America. Is it the best? No. Is it the worst? That does not deserve an answer.

Again, we allow many freedoms and the idea is still out there that anyone from anywhere can come here and succeed. As they can in many other countries.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Simon,

Yes, the UN is sending some troops and Yes, the UN helped broker the peace agreement (Which isnt resting on the best foundation).

However, this African World War started 4 YEARS AGO. Ahhh dont you think its a little late. Does the UN only respond when the Death toll hits 3 Million?

My point Simon is that I have seen Hundreds of Thousands of people around the World protest agains the US becuase they do not want us killing some Iraqi's yet I have not seen a SINGLE person protest for the rights of the Congolese. No French, No British, No Italians, No Germans, No Americans, No Russians.....NO ONE.

Am I expecting the US govt to care??? Of course not. Since when did they ever care? The Cambodians starved to death, and the Rwandans got hacked up with machettes.

However, I do expect the PEACE PROTESTORS who claim to care about innocent life to be protesting their asses off, UNLESS they too DO NOT CARE. They can Bitch that McDonalds is taking over the world but see if they care that a couple million blacks are getting killed in Africa.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit