Liberals have lost the Iraq argument, so please stop whining...

by dolphman 104 Replies latest social current

• dolphman
    dolphman

Nothing you said was going to happen HAS actually happened. The iraqis have welcomed us with open arms. We have not decimated Baghdad's infrastructure. We have not incited more terrorist attacks. We have limited the amount of civilian casualties as much as possible. Humanitarian aid is coming and there is no crisis. No refugees. Osama bin laden is still running for his life. And WMD will be found shortly.

NOTHING YOU HAVE SAID WOULD HAPPEN HAS HAPPENED. You have all been DISCREDITED. For a bunch of intellectual elites, you've all been whooped by a C average student from Texas.

Go Figure.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Oh my, you sure whupped us with half of your brain tied behind your back. Ouch, stop beating on me. You must be very proud of yourself with that C average. Ignorance is bliss, afterall.

Listen up, smart ass. This war isn't over yet. Of course the Iraqis are acting happy to see us. WE HAVE THE GUNS AND THE ABILITY TO BLOW THEM TO KINGDOM COME.

You really ought to stop believing in fairy tales and grow up a little. Oh, and stop believing everything you see on tv. I bet you still believe in the Care Bear stare too. Why don't you turn off the tv for awhile and go practice reading your history. You may learn how to do something other than blow hard.

Robyn

• dubla
    dubla
    Of course the Iraqis are acting happy to see us. WE HAVE THE GUNS AND THE ABILITY TO BLOW THEM TO KINGDOM COME.

i responded to this argument on another thread, and ill repost it here:

if i lived in baghdad, and had a fear that i would be shot on sight by the invaders...guess what i WOULDNT do? run out into the streets as the invaders rolled in! what would be the best course of action if i thought the invaders wanted me dead? hmmm, maybe, stay in my house.?. why would i want to run out in the streets to greet them, increasing my chances of being killed? imo, anyone running to cheer on the u.s. troops are doing it out of excitement....because they know the fear of saddam is coming to an end.

aa

• Robdar
    Robdar

Dubla,

I repsonded to your response in the other thread.

Robyn

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    You really ought to stop believing in fairy tales and grow up a little. Oh, and stop believing everything you see on tv. I bet you still believe in the Care Bear stare too. Why don't you turn off the tv for awhile and go practice reading your history. You may learn how to do something other than blow hard.

An entire paragraph of ad hominems rather than a substantive response of any kind? The liberals really have lost this one, haven't they?

Just an observation, you understand. Normally, I like Robyn's posts.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Neon,

Hey, I usually enjoy your posts too.

Do you deny that the war isnt over? Because, it isn't. I think that we both agree on that. Besides, I just couldn't help myself with my response. I am not a liberal but took umbrage at Dolph's ad hominems, and just had to be as goofy in my reply. I guess the joke was lost on all but myself. I have a wait and see attitude 'cause I really think it is too soon for either side to be hollering victory.

Robyn

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

For a bunch of intellectual elites, you've all been whooped by a C average student from Texas.

My what an interesting comment. Keep in mind that I support the Americans, British, Australians, Danish (and yes, even the Canadian troops if you have been paying attention) in the war and I am thoroughly pissed off at my prime minister for not supporting our troops who were put in harms way.

But I do want to say a little something about this statement.

Bush 43 graduated from a highly renouned University in the United States that few can get into. Not only do you have to be somewhat well off but you also need decent marks to get into that school. He admits his marks weren't really up to his real numbers due to his partying. I can relate. But he did graduate. So in reality he is a very smart man in my books. He also has some really good advisors and as anyone in Texas politics will tell you, you never under estimate him. His down fall, like his dad, Bush 41, is that he doesn't think very well on his feet sometimes and that can make him look "goofy" as Robert Novak (or the "Prince of Darkness") might tell you.

So please don't try to misrepresent Bush 43 to this board. I don't appreciate it.

Also did Bush 43 do the whooping? Well he provided the leadership along with Tony Blair and many others in Spain, Denmark, Japan, Eastern Europe, Korea etc .

But I think the person(s) who you should thank so far is the United States military in conjunction with their allies. Their resources, training and planning have been top notched. They are the people who made this happen and they are the people who did the "whooping".

Some in the democratic party and others (the anti-war crowd as some call them) in this case had an important role. That role is to bring out the concerns of going to war and hold the Bush administration "accountable" - that's their job if you understand how politics works in "free" countries. What could be the down falls had to be known and judged, and there were many. Some countries agreed with the concerns others did not based on the politics of their own countries. To slam others because those concerns didn't transpire as you have done ... is ... well .. not right. Instead you should be thrilled at the sucess of our troops and the leadership shown and leave it at that.

My concern in this mess has not been the going to war stuff but the aftermath. Iraq is 68 Billion in debt and can likely only generate 15 Billion a year in oil when its output really gets rolling. It will take a lot synergy to stabilize this place just like the war effort. But the US and its allies did it before after WW 2 and I hope they can do it again.

There is still a lot of politics to play out in this and it will be interesting to watch. My only hope now is that this war will end shortly, the troops who did the fighting can come home, the region stabilizes and I can watch Bill Bowen, Vicki Boer and some of my cool buddies on TV again.

hawk

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

"Hero of the peace"

Lance Cpl. Brian Cole, 20, of Kansas City, Kan., was bowled over by the 7-year-old girl who handed him a Christmas card with this painstakingly written text:

``Thank you for liberate us. And thank you for help us. You are a great army.''

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/content/news/ap/ap_story.html/Intl/AP.V2521.AP-War-Marines-Wha.html

I'm sure we're all happy for the liberated people of Iraq.

Aren't we?

• dubla
    dubla
    I'm sure we're all happy for the liberated people of Iraq.

Aren't we?

NO ONE IS BEING LIBERATED!!! cant you see through all this propaganda? dont you know you are being lied to when you read reports like the one you just posted? you are under the spell of the right.....they have you in their control.

aa

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Sure, Dubla, sure. ...and the war is taking place on a Hollywood set, Saddam is still in power, and the people of Iraq really love the friendly little huggy-bear.

Did you see the banner displayed by some of the people of Bagdad when the tanks came into the central plaza? It said

"GO HOME Human Shields YOU U.S. WANKERS"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit