SEE THE REAL FACE OF THE WAR IN IRAQ, SEE THE HORROR

by justhuman 102 Replies latest social current

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie
    yup.

This is quite an inciteful article:

http://www.findarticles.com/cf_dls/m1295/8_64/63904140/p1/article.jhtml

Ok, admittedly this is not a particularly germane comment, but the irony in the misused homonym in Simon's post had me rolling.

God, I'm a geek.

• Simon
    Simon

Sometimes, subtelty is wasted

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Me, I'm simply amazed that this thread is still alive after so many days. Yes, war is a horrible thing, I've seen it up close and very personal more than once, how about you? Having been in that position I can also say that sometimes war is quite necessary. Iraq is one of those cases. I suppose everyone missed the fact that the US has taken out three terrorist camps in Iraq. Camps that operated with the knowledge of the Hussein regime. Even one in the south ya know. I suppose it's absolutely meaningless that a paramilitary/terrorist training camp was discovered that had an aircraft fuselage on it used to train hijackers.

I suppose too that it's meaningless that as we liberate these cities in Iraq that the people there tell the same stories as the Iraqi exiles do, about the rape, torture, mutilation, and murder.

The people cheering in the streets of Basra and Baghdad were there because they wanted to be, as oppossed to being forced to protest like they were under Saddam.

The US, GB, Spain, and all the other coaltion has done a great thing here. The war plan worked phenomenally, naysayers be damned (I'm looking your way Gen Clark). Civilian casualties, while a shame, were minimal. Coaliton forces too have been tragic but minimal. Many of the civilian casualties were due to Iraqi irregulars using civilians as human shields, yet the war protestors are silent; many civilian casualties were due Iraqi forces placing their weapons in civilian areas, yet the war protestors are silent; many civilian casualties were due to the Irregular Iraqi forces using schools, hospitals, and mosques for bases of operation, yet the war protestors were silent. This war was not caused by Coalition aggression, but rather because of the aggression of Saddam, and his refusal to abide by the ceasefire agreement, yet the war protestors are silent.

I keep hearing nonsensical stuff from the anti-Bush crowd, "Blood for oil" NOT! It would have been cheaper not to mess with Iraq and keep oil prices low. "US BUSINESS INTERESTS will profit",well, certainly some will, and some French business interests will rightly suffer, the people making the largest gains are the Iraqis, THEY HAVE THEIR FREEDOM! This same freedom you're all using right now to criticize the coaltion, the Iraqis didn't have that, were killed for speaking their minds, so criticize away. Criticize but ask yourself, if you didn't have the freedom to voice your opinion would you like someone to come and allow you to be free?

Yes, the pictures you showed were horrible, but you have no idea if those poor children were killed by Coalition or Iraqi forces, it's a shame either way, but Saddam could have avoided this war. Show some of the pictures of those raped, mutilated, and tortured by the Saddam Regime, go protest in front of the Iraqi embassy about how they are conducting the war.

I've said enough. Wish I was over there doing my job instead of stuck in this stupid Army School.

Mike (aka Yeru)

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    I suppose everyone missed the fact that the US has taken out three terrorist camps in Iraq. Camps that operated with the knowledge of the Hussein regime. Even one in the south ya know. I suppose it's absolutely meaningless that a paramilitary/terrorist training camp was discovered that had an aircraft fuselage on it used to train hijackers.

Yep it's meaningless, bet you could find the same camps in other countries as well, that are our so-called friends.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Trauma,

It's NOT meaningless. It wasn't too long ago the anti-Bush crowd was saying there was no connection between Iraq and terrorism. It matters because of the Bush Doctrine. These camps could not have existed without the knowledge and complicity of Saddam and his Regime. The terrorist connection is there.

Yes, in some of our so called allies countries we could find terror camps, but not in regions they controlled for the most part. Some of these countries will be won over by our help (hopefully Pakistan), but we'll see. Let's stop argueing this war and help Iraq acheive a representative form of government.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Fears mount over Iraq disorder

Lawlessness in Iraq could hinder the delivery of humanitarian aid to people in need, the United Nations refugee agency (UNHCR) has warned.

A lack of law and order on the streets, which has led to looting in Baghdad and Basra, could also prompt population displacement, the UNHCR said.

It has urged US and British troops to take immediate measures to restore order.

Following the looting in Basra and Baghdad, both the US and British say they will try to bring the streets under control.

Looters Looters move in as the old regime collapses

The UNHCR appeal came amid scenes of looting in palaces, government offices and other buildings as Saddam Hussein's regime collapses in the face of US and British advances.

Scenes of jubilation mixed with outbreaks of looting erupted across Baghdad on Wednesday as US troops progressed through the Iraqi capital.

Widespread looting

The general lawlessness led the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) to suspend its activities in Baghdad on Wednesday, saying the situation was too dangerous to continue.

It announced that a Canadian staff member, Vatche Arslanian, was shot and killed in Baghdad on Tuesday when the vehicle he was travelling in was caught in crossfire.

The body of 48-year-old Mr Arslanian, who was in charge of logistics in Iraq, was found on Wednesday.

An ICRC spokeswoman said 12 other people were believed to have died in the incident, when a number of vehicles were trapped in fighting. Other workers in two Red Cross vehicles managed to escape.

In addition, Medecins Sans Frontieres, a medical aid organisation, also suspended its operations in Iraq after two relief workers went missing in Baghdad.

The UNHCR said in a statement issued in Jordan: "The UN refugee agency is very concerned about the general lawlessness that is apparent in part of Iraq.

"We urge the occupying forces to take immediate measures to restore and maintain law and order and to ensure that humanitarian assistance flows to those who need it."

The UNHCR is also concerned there could be revenge attacks in certain parts of Iraqi society because of the current power vacuum in some areas.

In Baghdad's Saddam City, a Shia suburb, people were seen breaking into shops and homes to steal furniture, food, electrical equipment and carpets on Wednesday.

In the north of the capital, citizens were reported to have rampaged through the interior and irrigation ministries, gutting the offices.

Looters Ornate items are taken along with more everyday objects

Security to improve

Other groups have also expressed concern about the lawlessness in Iraq, including the Iraqi National Congress, an opposition group in exile.

In a statement issued from London, a group official said: "It's a very critical and scary moment in Baghdad, and people have to express something.

"But there must be restoration of law and order, or there will be chaos."

A White House official, asked on Wednesday whether US forces would aim to stem looting in Iraqi cities, replied: "As the mission continues, security will improve and increase."

Britain's Group Captain Al Lockwood told BBC Radio 4's Today programme that steps would be taken to curb lawlessness in Basra.

He said: "We certainly have obligations under international law as, much as I hate to use the word, an occupying force, to make sure there is law and order, and we will do this." altWe urge the occupying forces to take immediate measures to restore and maintain law and order and to ensure that humanitarian assistance flows to those who need it alt UNHCR statement http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/2933115.stm

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

BUMP the UN and what they think, they were no help in this. The focus in Basra has already turned to humanitarian aide, it will in Baghdad soon too. The crisis is Saddam's fault, not that of the coalition. A transition government will soon be installed in Iraq, order will return. The commanding general on my military installation was involved in the training of Iraqis for assisting with police work and humanitarian aide, it's coming, but it takes time. ALl this nonsense reminds me of the woman who sued McDonalds because the coffee was hot...WELL DUH!

TH, I wrote about ya in the "favorite poster" thread.

Mike

• rmayer32
    rmayer32
    Oh wait, you mean you haven't? You mean, you sit in your chair everyday getting your info from CNN and FoxNews (as they want to SELL you their news)??? Is this the same chair you sit in while you enjoy your favorite football team on Sunday mornings?

D8TA,

12 years ago I was there, and seen first hand what these bastards can do and did to the people of Kuwait, and then to their own people in Southern Iraq after we left. Where were you during that time?? Running your mouth I assume.

-Rick

• rmayer32
    rmayer32
    It's NOT meaningless. It wasn't too long ago the anti-Bush crowd was saying there was no connection between Iraq and terrorism. It matters because of the Bush Doctrine.

Yeru,

Unfortunately once a link to Iraq and terrorism was shown the anti-war people then go off and change their argument to still maintain a false validity. Same way once we find WMD, just as they like to ignore all the celebrating Iraqis, and just as everytime they see an unfortunate mutiliated civilian (which they could never in a mililon years prove was done by coalition forces) that it has to be us, yet at the same time ignoring all of the torture and murder committed by this regime.

Nobody has all out said they support Saddam, yet they don't really have to as it can't go both ways.

-Rick

• D8TA
    D8TA
    Where were you during that time?? Running your mouth I assume.

Your D.R.B.C.P.S. please?

And your rank.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit