SEE THE REAL FACE OF THE WAR IN IRAQ, SEE THE HORROR

by justhuman 102 Replies latest social current

• shera
    shera

Sighhhhh,those poor children..

• teejay
    teejay
    Can anyone name the only country to ever deploy true Weapons of Mass Detruction ... and on Civilian cities at that?

But that’s different, Simon! Can’t you see?!! It was war, for cryin’ out loud.

p.s. To several people over the years, I’ve mentioned the same thing about the only use of WMD. Their answer to me was my answer to you. It's disappointing to continually see people's unability/unwillingness to see the whole truth.

• seawolf
    seawolf

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=focusIraqNews&storyID=2515407

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Ali Ismaeel Abbas, 12, was fast asleep when war shattered his life. A missile obliterated his home and most of his family, leaving him orphaned, badly burned and blowing off both his arms.

http://wwwi.reuters.com/images/mdf250457.jpg

I feel bad for him. So much to go through and have happen at such a young (12) age.

• teejay
    teejay
    Yet again I'm amazed at the blinkered viewpoint of the anti-war protestors, who howl with moral outrage over the few photos (which may or may not be genuine) of a few victims (either of coalition or Iraqi weapons), whilst they blot out the hundreds of thousands or even millions of victims of the Hussein regime, and manage to ignore the fact that those victims will continue to suffer and die if the regime is allowed to continue. – expatbrit
    I don't like war and I don't advocate war, but the pure and simple fact is WE ARE AT WAR and yes people are being killed, it happens in war, especially when the other country uses civilians as human shields and schools and hospitals to house war impliments. So instead of pointing fingers at each other why not try and look at the good that hopefully will come from this mess? Instead of beating each other down why not try to build something better? – Xena

Taken together, I think you two offer a compelling rebuttal to (us) liberal, lily-livered, anti-war pacifists. Saddam – if 1/3 of the reports about him are true – is a brutal man that won’t be missed. Now that we’re in, let’s hope it will be as quick and painless as possible. Just sad that the innocent must pay the price.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants.” – Thomas Jefferson.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage
    Yet again I'm amazed at the blinkered viewpoint of the antiwar protesters, who howl with moral outrage over the few photos (which may or may not be genuine) of a few victims (either of coalition or Iraqi weapons), whilst they blot out the hundreds of thousands or even millions of victims of the Hussein regime, and manage to ignore the fact that those victims will continue to suffer and die if the regime is allowed to continue. – expatbrit
    I don't like war and I don't advocate war, but the pure and simple fact is WE ARE AT WAR and yes people are being killed, it happens in war, especially when the other country uses civilians as human shields and schools and hospitals to house war impliments. So instead of pointing fingers at each other why not try and look at the good that hopefully will come from this mess? Instead of beating each other down why not try to build something better? – Xena

Both posts make great points.

The silence regarding the victims of Hussien's regime by antiwar protestors is deafing. Their usual response is that we should have allowed more inspections and not invaded without the backing of the UN. That we needed positive proof of WMD. Well, that is all fine and dandy for us in the west. But, what about the future victims of Hussien's torture and death squads? What about them? Do they matter?

Let's face it, the only way to get rid of Hussien is military action.

All of the protesting about this war IS NOT ABOUT IRAQ, or it's people. It was never about THEM, or their victimization. Especially with protesters in Europe. It is about the military power of the United States, it's ability to use it without prior approval from allies, and the fear it has instilled. That this is going to establish a pattern of the US invading any country it's deems against it's interests and can do it at will. Now, that there is no other superpower to put on the brakes.It has exposed the deep philosophical gulf the lies between Europeans and Americans With the Europeans, in general, believing that war is outdated and unnecessary. Especially, with Europe's very painful past.

My personal feelings regarding the invasion of Iraq have been very conflicted. My primary concern, now, comes with the aftermath. Since W.W.II the US does not have a very good record with establishing stable democratic governments. I worry that this will destabilize more an already very unstable region. And I fear that this will only lead to more war and more killing, and maming, of innocents.

Taken together, I think you two offer a compelling rebuttal to (us) liberal, lily-livered, anti-war pacifists. Saddam – if 1/3 of the reports about him are true – is a brutal man that won’t be missed. Now that we’re in, let’s hope it will be as quick and painless as possible. Just sad that the innocent must pay the price.

Yes, let's hope.

Andee

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    While the US does indeed have chemical weapons WE'VE NEVER USED THEM.

Oh dear, Yeru! A slip, I fear. Remember the people of Viet Nam and Kampuchea?

Children are STILL being born deformed in the areas of central Viet Nam which were defoliated by (shhhh) chemical weapons.

Ozzie

• COMF
    COMF
    Can anyone name the only country to ever deploy true Weapons of Mass Detruction ... and on Civilian cities at that?

Sure I can. The same country that by doing so ended WWII.

What would you have done, Simon?

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    Would the Iraqi's be firing AA misiles if they were not being bombed?

No, Saddam would just be shooting them in the head, gassing them, pushing them through meat grinders alive, etc.

But, you all are right. War has never solved anything, except for ending slavery, fascism, nazism and communism.

After the war finally ends, I feel all current protesters should be shipped to Iraq and protest their move to freedom. Tell them you were against it and don't think they deserved it. See how you fare.

Goodbye, Simon Hound.

• Zep
    Zep

I think the media coverage of this war has been very poor.

Though...down here in Australia the media has had far more balanced on the issues than US media --we do get CNN, jim lehrer and NBC etc down here btw. Also if you watch european TV, and even British TV you''ll see a degree of difference between them and the US media. The US media is less likely to report the grosse stuff, civilian deaths, dissent etc. Its called self censorship.

Down here we recently had a interesting report on the phenomenon of "embeds". These reporters show a lot of tanks rolling across desersts and rockets flying into the air. But are constrained by the military as far as their reporting is concerned. The basis point of documentary was that Military knows that the media is a powerful tool. It certainly needs to control what it reports. It has learnt great lessons from vietnam and has attempted to control what is reported. It knows the media can make or break a campaign, as it did in vietnam.

• COMF
    COMF
    The silence regarding the victims of Hussien's regime by antiwar protestors is deafing.

No, it isn't.

Their usual response is that we should have allowed more inspections and not invaded without the backing of the UN. That we needed positive proof of WMD.

Yes, that's certainly my position.

But, what about the future victims of Hussien's torture and death squads? What about them? Do they matter?

Did they matter to you, before we invaded Iraq?

Let's face it, the only way to get rid of Hussien is military action.

If you assert that we are right to be in Iraq because of Hussein's torture and death squads, then you obligate us to invade every country with a government that commits criminal acts against its citizens, and overthrow that government.

That this is going to establish a pattern of the US invading any country it's deems against it's interests and can do it at will.

Whoops... that's what you just advocated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit