Mass disassociation pact...

by freemindfade 312 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sabin
    Sabin

John Aquila, Paul Grundy those 2 would be a good start on the doctrinal stuff, Cant think, Defender of the truth is another one.

We need an outline. HAHA.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I kind of like the idea of keeping it simple. "this is to declare that I, jwdaughter, am no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses. "

They know "why" people leave. They won't read "why". Its the number of names, not the number of pages, that will make the impact. If you need to get it off your chest, YOUR WHY, I'd make it separate from the 'declaration". Thats just my editorial/writing consultant take on the idea.

To every GB member, the service desk, every elder you know, any JW you care to tell, but I love the idea of a simple one page letter X1000's to each and every GB and the service desk.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    After seeing the elders and even a member of the governing body tell outright lies to the Australian Royal Comission, my eyes are opened to the truth. I am no longer a Jehovah's witness.
  • Zoos
    Zoos

Bring more people in on this. Those with facebook accounts, have you linked to this thread?

Those who participate in "apostate" sites of other languages, spread the word.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

I really like this idea. Me and better half have faded, but we like the thought of hammering a nail in. I think it shows the dubs that we are getting along without the `borg` just nicely thank you!

When we first found this site, the posts made by Oompa helped us in so many ways. When he died, and the reasons behind it, our eyes were opened to just how much of a death cult this organisation is. The good people that have been taken away including 2 very close friends of mine.

Because of shameful, hurtful rules made up by a few dicks in a board room!

Me and my wife will write a disassociating letter, for all those that didnt make it out on their own terms.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/239227/what-can-we-do-show-how-we-cared-about-oompa

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Lets Keep Refining this down. What we need and what we have

Date:

How about August 2016, that way they come in in time for the service year 9/16.

Letter Type:

1. Actual DA letter (for those ready to go)
    2. Anonymous DA Letter(for those needing to stay in on paper, but wanting to take a test run)
    3. Renew DA letter (for those completely out who want to add to the revolution)

Addresses:

1. Return address should be local hall
    2. Send address should be to HQ, and if desired CC you local hall

Content/Structure:

I believe their should be a certain amount of uniformity to the message, but not too much so there is variety, there should be

1. Standard section stating necessary language
    2. Personal section to give you voice to the DA
    3. Any legal language (whether it works or not)

Promotion:

How we will make this viral... I think once we get the content and details hammered out we need to spider out from here. We all have this site in common, but many of us know others (exjw) that are on other sites, facebook forums, etc. once we get the details right we can each make a point to send this out and make it viral. Those who we contact can be asked to do the same. Reach into other audiences and spread the idea.

Any other ideas to make this known once it flies next year lets hear them. Together we could all make this a huge statement.

• cappytan
    cappytan

I really liked idea for the date being 6/07.

But I'm biased, since that was one of the major reasons for my awakening.

• DT
    DT
    I think the perfect day for a mass disassociation would be August 8th. A good slogan would be, "Disassociate on 8/8." It even works in countries that like to list the day before the month.

The Watchtower Society usually records its highest number of publishers in August. This would also undermine their yearly report.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

8/8/16

It's easy to remember too. 8 + 8 = 16. Unless you are watchtower. Then 8+8 still =5. Or you are Lett then 8+8=Potato

• Heaven
    Heaven

I think y'all should do this. It would send a huge message.

I was never baptized so they don't have me on record but I'd be willing to send a letter stating my grievances as someone related to JWs. Should that be included too? What do you guys think?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit