• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Heaven

why not.

• Petraglyph
    Petraglyph

Please help me understand why the...

Send address should be to HQ, and if desired CC you local hall

From how I was reading it earlier, I understood the send address would be to your local hall and if you wished you could cc the branch/HQ.

I'm thinking that:

• if letters are sent en mass to HQ there's the potential HQ would clue in to what was happening and could simply assign someone to quietly put them in the bin and nothing much would come of it.
    • if however, they were sent in the first instance to the BOE at your local KH then it would have the insidious and damaging effect as per my earlier post, and this in every congregation that receives one or more letters. People could also send to neighbouring congregations where they knew the names of the elders.
  • Petraglyph
    Petraglyph
    I like the '8/8 Disassociate' idea very much! :)
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    if letters are sent en mass to HQ there's the potential HQ would clue in to what was happening and could simply assign someone to quietly put them in the bin and nothing much would come of it.

But if there are real DA letters in there, would they risk throwing them away?

• Petraglyph
    Petraglyph

If they are anonymous I think they would. I get the sense that they would do what they could to quickly bury it and minimise the effect as it's all happening at the centre. It would be just a blip on their radar.

But send to individual KH's and they have a potential nightmare on their hands as word gets around, and elders don't know what to do and they phone the branch and they scour their congregations... etc etc... :)

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    But not all would be anonymous, that is just an option for those who can't pull the trigger. Besides think of this, they are getting letters from all over the world in regular envelopes, I imagine they would at least have to open them and see what they are.
  • Petraglyph
    Petraglyph

The risk is HQ would handle it like any other organisation handling a public relations situation. They would assign a few people to deal with it and no one else really need know. They'll skim a few thousand letters over a few days and quietly put them in the bin and that will be it.

But if those same few thousand letters went to a few thousand KH's then there would be a few thousand elders wondering what to do and a few thousand calls to the branch and to the CO etc. and the effects would last for weeks/months.

I think it very much depends on the outcome you are seeking to achieve.

• All for show
    All for show
    I agree with Petraglyph. Sending it to the local level, I would even send to surrounding halls I am not in. It will make them paranoid and anxious, who sent them. To HQ, it will only be seen as a prank= trash bin. In my corporate job, we had PR situations we handled for, the top, telling lower management to ignore. It's much better at a local level I believe. Where there is power, but actually no power to make decisions as there is on the HQ level. Just my two cents.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    So we will change that bit, send to local level and cc HQ
  • Petraglyph
    Petraglyph

Sounds like a plan! :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit