Mass disassociation pact...

by freemindfade 312 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Mass send outs of a generic anonymous DA letter is a great idea.

I feel it would have a destabilizing effect and well worth the effort without actually "outing" anyone.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Especially if copies are sent to media outlets and posted online.

Great starting point.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

If we all said a single thing, in unison, it seems like it would be powerful. It would show how many of us there are--so many more than the current membership!

But if those same few thousand letters went to a few thousand KH's then there would be a few thousand elders wondering what to do and a few thousand calls to the branch and to the CO etc. and the effects would last for weeks/months.

This is an awesome idea. If enough participate, it may actually capture the media's attention -

I love it when a plan comes together!

If you do it anonymously and are afraid of being recognized, send it to a neighboring Cong instead of your own. Or, better yet, send it to 2 or 3 neighboring Congs.

We need to do this sooner rather than later. August is 10 months in the future.

Doc

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I agree doc, organize ourselves into one voice, one letter, one protest.......why does that sound familiar ??

Anyway, a great slogan.

Ex-JWs United in One Voice, One Letter, One Protest.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I would send those letters to the local country's Bethel branch, not the world HQ, written in your local language, translated from an english common standard letter. It should be PERSONALIZED (meaning, unique) at the end, with initials that may or may not correspond to your real name, or an alias. They should be "signed" with an X or some other symbol. The letter should adopt a worldwide campaign name so that it is known that it's part of a worldwide protest. Media should be alerted to the protest.

Eden

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    My thoughts exactly EdenOne - go hard or go home, in for a penny in for a .....etc etc.
  • Sabin
    Sabin

I agree with Island man, we need the media involved some how. What about Ted Grundy he is a good reporter & has already reported on the chid abuse corruption within the organization. I thought of some-one else aswell who`s advise would be good to seek. Barbara Anderson. She`s been on the inside and is known for her calm honesty & is well respected.

The other thing I want to say is that I don't think we should on any level be mean to any of those who have chosen to stay in, no matter how tempting it is. I don't wont to see us conduct ourselves with the same narrow minded unkindness that is so prevalent in this organization.

Also the not given of names that Eden suggested is a good idea although they will use this & call us cowards " Unlike us who stand in full view & do not hide our faces, these cowards haven't even the courage to write their names. They do these things in secret because they are untrue". BlahBlahBlah. I like it, they wont have a name to persecute a person. We are out there but who are we. We will take back our power from them the BASTARDS.

• Zoos
    Zoos

Just show me the letter and tell me the date to drop them in the mail.

I'll send as many as I can.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I mean, if someone is comfortable about using the real name, that person might do it, of course - and possibly face the consequences too. But this is meant to be a symbolic protest from the silent multitude.

Eden

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    it cant hurt to send a letter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit