London Protest 2018

by josephus 112 Replies latest jw friends

• Londo111
    Londo111

I have to say that does stop to make one think.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

So, i will be the bad guy for using logic and reading the graph but thats ok...

the graph shows averages of 50 hits and peaks of 100.

The so called “proof of success” graph shows the exact same peak. Almost as if the same people that visit were again visiting. Hmmmmmm

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

@morpheus,

Afaik the graph doesn't show absolute number of hits, but a percentage.

Which means during the convention days the UK googled for "jwfacts" about twice as often as before.

That could mean 2 hits instead of 1, or 1000 instead of 500.

At least there was a 100% increase in interest in "jwfacts"

Edit: here's a link that explains those graphs a bit https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-interpret-Google-Trendss-search-volume-index

• Simon
    Simon

They are not exact numbers, there will be some sampling involved. As with most "long tail" type distributions, the results become less accurate as the volume decreases. A better measure of interest would be actual search traffic to whatever site is being promoted filtered by the region involved and compared against the normal expected traffic.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

@Simon

I agree. Google search volume doesn't necessarily indicate traffic to jwfacts either.

The only way to have definitive numbers is to get them from jwfacts.com.

But while the trends don't tell us what the actual volumes are, or whether people really visited jwfacts, the spikes indicate that the protest has made some people curious enough to do some googling.

• Farmer Jim1
    Farmer Jim1

Just for the doubters that have contributed to this thread I can tell you that I too would have shared your disbelief a few days ago, however I attended the London protest. This was the first time I had done anything like this since leaving the org last year and I was genuinely shocked at how many JWs came and spoke to us, took videos and photos of our banners and were generally inquisitive about our posters. This protest has had a massive impact on the minds of JWs attending the convention and I am still in shock as to how much damage I believe we have done the org over just one weekend. It took me seven years to extract my MS/Reg Pio mind from the indoctrination but it started with a tiny seed. Similar seeds have been planted in a thousand JW minds at this protest. We may not see the fruits instantly and maybe no one that saw us at the weekend will leave the org today or tomorrow or next week but I am certain that in the coming months and years JWs that my fellow protesters and I spoke to a few days ago will join our ranks and help us at further protest events to save more innocent people from the grip of this terrible cult.

If you are not inclined to actively help others free themselves from a cult that says it’s ok to protect rapists’ identities or that thinks its acceptable to force youngsters to throw away their education then that is fine, not everyone wants to be continually reminded of the damage this cult did to them. Please don’t criticise those that bravely relive the trauma they have been through in an effort to help others. They don’t have to do this but they do it because they care and because they want to see this damaging organisation reformed or destroyed.

For those that do want to help those still trapped in the JW cult, now is the time for action. A wave of exJW support is rising fast, especially in the UK, and we all need to ensure it’s momentum continues. It is my hope, and I’m sure the majority of you will agree, that if we continue at this pace we will see the annual increase in numbers of JWs grind to a halt in the UK. Then we will see a small decrease, then a larger decrease and then an even larger one until the org no longer wants to publish its figures for fear of discouraging its remaining members.

From what I have seen this weekend, many many JWs are internally asking questions about the organisation they belong to and used to trust without question. Let’s give them the answers. ‘The harvest is great but the workers are few (at the moment!).

• freddo
    freddo

Bravo Farmer Jim 1.

You said "It is my hope, and I’m sure the majority of you will agree, that if we continue at this pace we will see the annual increase in numbers of JWs grind to a halt in the UK. "

Just to give a little encouragement the "Britain" branch figures which I believe comprise England, Scotland and Wales (not Northern Ireland which is lumped in with "Ireland's" figures) already dropped last service year.

The Borg's own figures show thus ...

2016 Peak Publishers 138,261

2017 Peak Publishers 137,468

This is a drop of 793!

Quite significant I would suggest. I just hope there is another drop for 2018.

• Lets Think
    Lets Think

Farmer Jim , great post I agree with your thoughts. I would like to take part next year. Hopefully the organizers can use this form and others like it to let us know dates and details in advance. I really think for many of us this sort of protest is a way of taking back control of our lives. It can make us feel that we are doing somthing to resist the org, that has taken so much from us

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    You know what... im done with this. Removing my last comment, letting the dreamers dream.
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Morpheus - You know what... im done with this. Removing my last comment, letting the dreamers dream.

Whew, thanks man. We were all waiting for you to approve of our direct experiences or differing views. Glad you chose to allow us to be ourselves and not another version of you. We'll look for you on another thread to come in and straighten us all out. What we all need is to be more like you. It's something to aspire to, since you're clearly always right and the only one that sees the world clearly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit