Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID)

by Wounded Heart 95 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Francois
    Francois

Thomas, as I told you in response to your private email to me, I don't believe in demonic possession, and now that I read your posts here, I must say that I think you're way, way off on the wrong track. What is being discussed here isn't demonic possession, it's the result of horrible, sustained abuse of little children and the result to them all throughout their lives unless and until they get the right kinds of therapy.

I'm afraid your approach here comes under the category of a form of "re-abuse" of these brave, strong, and above average people.

You're hurting them again, Tom, and I know you don't want to do that. Not if you're really a follower of the Carpenter. Surely you can see that. I hope you won't mind if I suggest you find a topic where you can engage in some form of slugfest without hurting very sensitive people, who've been hurt enough.

Suggest perhaps you'd enjoy a good set-to with Teejay or JanH or others like them. You'd have a great time, I feel sure.

But please, give these DID and MPD folk a break.

Francois

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Good grief! Born-again Christian fundy fruitcakes appear to come in 12 packs these days.

Expatbrit

• Francois
    Francois

Expatbrit - it's worse than that by a long shot.

I think most of the problems in the world today can be laid at the feet of fundys. Now you take Osama bin Laden for instance...

Francois

• Thomas Poole
    Thomas Poole

Revised by Thomas

It is not my intent to actually spam here; however here are
    some books which one can purchase at a local book store--some are in your local library--that cover demonic oppression, some including the DID / MPD subject.

- by Mark Bubeck--The Adversary, Raising Lambs Among Wolves, and so forth.

- by Neil Anderson--Victory Over the Darkness, The Bondage Breaker, Helping Others Find Freedom In Christ, and so forth.

- By Bob Larson--In the Name Of Satan, and so forth

- Also, cassettes tapes dealing with demons by Earnest Rockstad prove the actual occurances.

All of these men are CHRISTIANS--qualified ministers, medical doctors, and psychologists with decades of experience that can be reached by the information in their books. Again, I stress that what I say is for those favorable to the Word of God, and who are teachable.

By the way, a point to understand is that Oppression is not Possession. Because of the Holy Spirit within them, A CHRISTIAN CANNOT BE POSSESSED.

How one can have the Holy Spirit within them and also have demonic oppression can be explained by knowing about our body, soul, and spirit. The two do not dwell together. Think of the demons being limited to the body portion.

Free In Christ Jesus our Lord & Savior, as the Father would have it.

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

I can just see this asshole standing there with a cross in one hand typing that bullshit! He's so scared of blasphemy he is retreating into mindless Christobabble to shield himself! Copy his crap out and recite it like it was important? Take yer own advice, maroon... maybe if you mumble it often enough, you'll convince yourself there'e a purpose to it. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Clueless, delusional, and stupid. Mmm,mmm,mmm yeah, I want THIS nitwit prayin for me! NOT!!!

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    I leave thee now with thy ranting pride, thy fists of hatred. For if I were to speak further, I would trifle with thee, and I have lost patience.

Oh, well, if you put it into fake Shakespearean English, we'll all have to fall into line and praise YHWH and Jeez.

Expatbrit

• Thomas Poole
    Thomas Poole

I was told that

What is being discussed here ...is the result of horrible, sustained abuse of little children and the result to them all throughout their lives unless and until they get the right kinds of therapy.

So, sincerely, you inform me.

How should I speak?
    What words are you looking to hear?
    What kind of help does someone like you need?
    How are you attempting to help yourself?
    What to you seek to share with others?
    How are you controlled and influenced by your past.
    What kind of therapy are you undergoing; what is it called?
    How far along have you come.
    Are you able to function socially, hold a job?
    What do you do now?
    Were you a Jehovah's Witness at one time?
    What kind of therapy.
    Are you able to write a story?

Educate me please.

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Thomas,

You're persistent, and really not so bad. I was drawn to your first and last posts - in which you addressed persons like myself - those diagnosed as having/had mpd/did. Not the experts, just the recipiants.

How should I speak?

Like you are a person, just like me, only not with the background, unless it is your background.

What words are you looking to hear?

Just everyday communication - not an intermixing of religion and psychotherapy. I had a jw therapist do that to me......much damage to myself. A young friend of mine went through that with a Baptist therapist.....same damage. Many times the patient leaves with an almost hatred of religion.

What kind of help does someone like you need?

Friends, family, chat time. If we feel the need for theraputic intervention - only real life will suffice.

How are you attempting to help yourself?

We're all different. I have gone through years of therapy, doing quite well, thank you. Am I free from my background? Never. Can I live, enjoy life? Yep. Staying consciously (sp?) in this life - is a tremendous accomplishment.

What to you seek to share with others?

Here? Some chat, information on any/every thing (my dachshund had NINE pups yesterday! Cool, eh?). Friendship, articulation of thought, argument, agreement. It's something that jw's need to learn - not run away or fall into automatic insults. Learn to go "back and forth."

How are you controlled and influenced by your past.

Myself? Continuing health problems - under control for the most part. Panic attacks - controllable. Memory lapses - getting less frequent. Learning to "hear" what people in the present say.....and not my parents in the past. Two different sets of values.

What kind of therapy are you undergoing; what is it called?

None at the moment. My therapist & I decided I had gone as far as I could - and that I could live a quite "normal" life - until I couldn't, I guess. I am continuing to get stronger and more balanced. I'm married to a great man with infinite patience and understanding, except for most everyday conversation with me.

How far along have you come.

Long way, honey.

Are you able to function socially, hold a job?

There was a time period (2 years) where I had to work part time. Last 5 years - very full time as my husband & I own our own business.

What do you do now?

General Accounting & auto window tinting. Both detailed work. I also have a huge flower garden which I love, and 3 dachshunds which I adore. Oh, and three grown kids who make me smile whenever I think about them (well, almost always "whenever.") The kids and dogs are great.

Were you a Jehovah's Witness at one time?

Started studying when 18, baptized at 21, left at 50. I was raised a Catholic, like my mother. My father was an atheist (and he's the primary reason for my mpd/did.)

What kind of therapy.

One to one, group, Prozac for entire time. Been off Prozac for a year.

Are you able to write a story?

Naaaaaaaa, too gross and besides - there's so many victims nowadays, we're pretty much commonplace.

Just come in here like an everyday person, Tom(ok?). Again, it's nice to meet you. I know it takes all kinds to click - just like you and I. Welcome.

waiting

• Thomas Poole
    Thomas Poole

Note taken.

I stand down to my approach in communicating with these people. I have revised my responses; however, I left the truth where I felt is was valid.

I have been reasoning with a view to multiple personalities, while excluding any attention to the causes.

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy again, Tom,

I went back and read your above, revised, posts (before MommieDark's posts).

When all this stuff started occurring in my life, I did do a lot of reading - and I read several books on demons, witchcraft, etc., and the author's opinion on how that could affect a person, particularily with mpd/did.

I understand your position - I don't agree with it, but I don't wish to insult you either. You are, in no way, endangering me, or re-abusing me, whatever the current phrase is. We are just talking, the same way other people talk.

To insinuate, by anyone, that persons like myself cannot control rational thought process long enough to dialogue on a subject we have, and some of us know decently well, is to insult us.

Most likely, some of us can't, some of us won't. But those like myself who will - then we don't need protection. By our presence here, we are saying we can, will, even want, to talk about mpd/did. That condition is our closest companion, and we know it.

And those persons who believe that it's caused or co-linked with demons, well........that's a good discussion point. Guess it can't be proven absolutely either way. Would mostly depend upon one's beliefs. If I don't believe in God, then I don't believe God is responsible for good/bad. If he exists anyway........well, then, my mistake, eh?

Guess the same can be said for demons - they could exist....but I don't believe they do. I believe persons primarily cause mpd/did in children (it has been shown that invasive medical practices can cause it also).

For good or bad, I'll stick with what the medical profession is currently deciding about me - and whether I exist or not. If not, I'll wait around till next year's convention - where they might rename me or just decide I'm not valid anymore. Either way, it's been a trip.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit