My Mom Is Dying

by minimus 124 Replies latest jw friends

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

Please be strong for her in her closing moments.

89 years! What a long life! Many of us won't be so lucky to live such a long, full life as she has done. In Japan people who reach 88 used to be paraded throughout their village and honored on their 88th birthday. Even today they receive a special celebration from their family and sometimes even their community.

Please keep her alive by preserving the happy memories you have with her in your heart.

• krejames
    krejames
    Sorry Minimus. Sending loads of love your way x
  • XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    Sorry to hear this Min.
  • Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro
    My thoughts are with you and your family Min.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Bless you both ....so sorry to hear that πŸŒΎπŸ’”
  • Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub
    So sorry to hear... My thoughts are with u & yr loved ones through this difficult time...
  • Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

I'm so sorry for you, minimus.

Its wonderful that you've had such a great relationship with your mum, I'm sure it makes it harder to lose her but I hope that the good memories will give you some comfort in time x

• chicken little
    chicken little

Sorry to hear that you are losing your Mum, I hope you can still communicate your love to her up to the end.

Best wishes

Chicken little

• KateWild
    KateWild
    So sorry Min, I hope you have the support you need to get through this difficult time. Kate xx
  • under the radar
    under the radar

I am so sorry for your loss, minimus. I lost my own parents within 3 years of each other. They were 81 and 86.

I found comfort in realizing that they were not truly gone, in the sense that they live on in my heart and mind every time I think of them or dream of them or watch a family video from when they were healthy and vibrant loving parents to me and my siblings. Nothing can take those memories away.

Doctors believe that even the very ill or comatose are often aware of their surroundings and hear and understand conversations in the room. Even if you don't think she can hear you, talk to her and let her know how much you love and appreciate her. Stroke her head and hands as you speak to her if that's possible under the circumstances. It will comfort you both.

May she have a painless and peaceful passing, and may you find joy and consolation in the love you shared.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit