My Mom Is Dying

by minimus 124 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I just wanted to say that my dear 89 year old mom is terminally ill and will soon pass. She is on morphine and hanging on. She has been a devout Witness for about 60 years and a wonderful mother. She has always been my best and dearest friend.

If your parents are still living, love them dearly. You only have one mother or father.

• Dissonant15
    Dissonant15
    Sorry for your loss minimus. May her transition be painless and your heart find peace.
  • rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

I'm sorry about your mom, Minimus.

💔

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel
    I'm sorry for the heartache you are and will be experiencing. Like my mom, who is 88 and became a witness in the '50's, she will not be seeing the promise made to her "millions now living will never die". So sad.
  • prologos
    prologos
    sorry to hear the end is near, but what a fine (non J) witness she is, by having been good to you, and now fulfilling her role by passing off the scene that she shaped. after today's great light show, as another octogenarian still off morphine, I salute your mother.
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

Sorry Dude (Dudette?).

Lost a parent and a sibling this year.

The Dub world provides a superficial answer to this loss.

What is the real answer?

The only ones with all the answers seem to have a monetary response.

Continue to express your feelings with those worthy of such.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    So sorry to hear this Min. My mom was 71 when she died, so young. Your mom is your mom no matter how old. Even 89 is too young, We never want to give up our loved ones. When mine died I finally understood why all those authors and academy award winners dedicate their awards to their moms! I can say with full understanding, "I know what you are feeling." At least when mine was in her last months she said "The whole thing is bullshit" because no one rallied to support her in her final months.
  • JeffT
    JeffT
    I am truly sorry to hear this. I know how hard it can be, I lost my mother earlier this year. It sounds like you had a good relationship. I hope she goes quietly and with dignity, and that you are able to be with her.
  • minimus
    minimus
    Thank you for all the heartfelt expressions.❤️
  • jhine
    jhine

So sorry Minimus , the loss of any loved one is hard , but a loving Mother is a treasure .

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit