My Mom Is Dying

by minimus 124 Replies latest jw friends

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse
    I lost my Dad to the big C in early 2013 and I still remember how it feels. The morphine ,..... we were all there with him when he was finally gone which to me was the greatest gift, and also the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. I wish I could hug you right now. This is so very, very hard. i am thinking about you wishing I could somehow ease some of that pain I know you feel.
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Since I DA'ed I lost both parents and will likely never even know when they die. So although it will be hard to lose her, appreciate the times you had and the bond as well. Hugs for you and yours.
  • minimus
    minimus

I would love to say how thankful and appreciative I am of your kindnesses expressed here.

I saw my mom again tonight and she still has her brain! I have held her and touched her and she said that my being there shows that she is still alive. She alluded to the idea of how she would be happy if I came back to the Organization but also said she loved me more than anyone but Jehovah. That was fine. My mother is a truly sweet woman. She even preached to her nurse today. I won't hold that against her...lol

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Mommies, no matter how old, always want to hold their babies. And, Minimus, no matter how old you are, you are still her baby. Mommies hold treasured memories of their children's childhoods. One's childhood mostly belong to the parents who have watched you grow and change and finally be indpendent. But, they were the ones orchestrating it, the ones who knew how important it was to get right, the ones who remember your cry as a baby, your toddler temper tantrums and your little boy voice. They remember holding you and loving you and doing their best to create a responsible adult.

Just let your mom hold you and love you like she always has while you make this last transition. She still loves you and still feels responsibility for you. Make sure you tell her that you'll be okay. A mom always needs to know that her kids are okay.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Sorry to hear, Min...Hang in there.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    Sorry to hear about the sadness, Min,,
  • never a jw
    never a jw
    Sorry for your imminent loss. She lives in you, and knowing what I know about you, she must have been a great woman too.
  • Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Minimus, I wish you strenght and the power to heal your emotions. We all are more hurt by dying loved ones because we were once sure we all would not die at all.

Because of these promises the last parts of our live will be emotional with a deeper layer.

Give your mother all the love you can these days. Think about the other relatives also. And watch yourself.

Strength!

Gorby

• flipper
    flipper
    MINIMUS- Been out of town for 4 days so I just saw this. I'm terribly sorry to hear about your mom my friend. My mom is 88 years old in a care facility with partial dementia and I know how difficult it is to see our parents suffering . You've been a good son to your mom and like you say many of us consider our mom's one of our best friends for life. My mom is my hero. I'll be crushed when she passes on. Please know that my wife and I are thinking of you and we send our love . Sincerely, Mr. & Mrs. Flipper
  • InquiryMan
    InquiryMan
    Sorry for your loss...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit