1,2,3,4 We Don't Want This Bloody War

by Robdar 367 Replies latest social current

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    When we see what is really happening to our sons and daughters, we may not be so ready to sacrifice them on the rich man's altar.

I think this comment was less about the possible positive side effects from the war and more about Bush's real motivations for the war.

Since when have politicians given a damn about anyone but themselves? (This, I feel, is an especially important question in this rich boy's case)

No matter what happens, this is, I think, a strategy on Bush's part for re-election.

1. Diversion-away from the lax security leading to 9-11, away from the economy, away from the scandals (Enron, etc.), environment.

2. People like a winner. Since the states are going to win this war, it is likely to boost his next election results, although I think that there are enough angry votes to vote for ANYONE but him. Hell, at this point, I'd vote for a vegatative Frankenstein.

3. Hopes for a post-war economy miracle as to cheaper oil.

I think the man is a snake, and I can't wait until he's voted out of office. I'm moving to Canada if he's re-elected. I'm not going to sit around while my beautiful country turns into a police state.

ash

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    I'd vote for a vegatative Frankenstein.
    I'm moving to Canada if he's re-elected.

Ashitaka:

Allow me to introduce you to Jean Chretein.....lol

Expatbrit

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Expat,

LOL. I've heard as much from my Canadian bretheren. How much worse could he be than Bush? Like I said, at this point, I'd prefer a vegatative Frankenstein. Or is that precisely what I'd be getting?

ash

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    And God forbid that "peace" protestors should see the truth about Iraq. I think that you should have to look at each and every one of the 500,000 children's corpses, who have died because this war wasn't fought sooner. But then you don't want that to sully the purity of your "peace", do you? And after all, they're only Iraqis, not Americans.

How many of those children were killed by the US's, use of Depleted Uranium, and blocking aid and medicine?

• dottie
    dottie

IMHO... Jean Chretien is George Bush with a French accent and no testosterone

Dottie

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    Jean Chretien is George Bush with a French accent and no testosterone

LOL. Duly noted. Maybe I'll just tough it out in Antartica then.

ash

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Ashi,

Could be worse, yaknow...you could live in Florida, where we're double-Bushed!

Dana

• Hungout
    Hungout

Anti-war protest are a waste of TIME.

The war is going on, and will not end until Sadam is out of power and all the other terrorist are either killed or to scared to act against innocent people.

We cannot have peace and harmony in the world until the threat of terrorism is destroyed.

• LB
    LB
    Erm ... can you show me where I've called you a dumbass LB

Naw you've never called me a dumbass Simon. But you've used to word to describe another's post here. Still you are right, I'm wrong.

Lovely Song Rob, you win the dumbass award for the week.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    Lovely Song Rob, you win the dumbass award for the week.

You win the ScheißecKopf award, LB.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit