1,2,3,4 We Don't Want This Bloody War

by Robdar 367 Replies latest social current

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

My apologies for using strong words to you that support your President. We the anti war people feel just as strongly as you that are supporting the war. The problem is we both want the same results but we disagree on how to achieve those ends. I was just a horrified as you were on September 11/01 and felt for all those innocent victims as the towers fell. Just the same I felt just as bad when I watch yesterday as those buildings were exploding in Baghdad. Fortunately as far as we know there was no one or few killed in those attacks. I would have supported military action as a last resort but I just felt like millions of others that Bush did not make his case.

The only difference is I am, a human being first and foremost. I feel for all my other humans regardless of the differences. Sure there is good and bad here as there is over there and we will always have that but I think 99% of those Iraq's want to live and enjoy life as much as we do. The golden rule says, "treat others how we want to be treated" but I once heard it said "treat others how they want to be treated". My point here is before I ramble on is, that what you may want is not necessarily what they may want.

Will

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Xena

I understand that we may not be able to stop the war in Iraq but maybe if there is enough pressure put on the US administration they will think twice before they commit to a war. Again its just that I like millions of others have not bought the reasons why we are going to war, which leads to the beliefs that the US administration has a hidden agenda that their not telling us.

Will

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    what you may want is not necessarily what they may want.

I have a hard time believing that William. There were alot of horror stories coming out of Iraq about the treatment of the people and now that we are there - more and more stories of torture and other horrible atrocities are surfacing- and we are hearing about it.

We have not begun to interview the Iraqi people- only a few so far. As time goes on, more stories will come out and then it might be more apparent just how much they really do want to be freed from this hell they live in.

XW

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

William says:

The only difference is I am, a human being first and foremost. I feel for all my other humans regardless of the differences.

What do you mean by the only difference is I am, a human being first and foremost. I feel for all my other humans regardless of the differences?

I hope you are not implying just because we support the war, we are not thinking of our fellow humankind,,,,,,,,,,,,,because as has been said a hundred times, we do, so much that we are thinking of the People of Iraq and the terrible things that are being done to them by their own leaders.

I sincerely believe that war is the way of the world, unless God'sAlmighty government steps in , there will never be 100% fairness and like XW said things are not always going to be black and white.

I do consider myself a lover of all of mankind, all races , all nations. I have shed tears way before this war stated I have been reading articles of the horrors of the woman , in the woman's magazines I read, of how terrible things are for them in so many lands. THey want it to end. They are suffereing.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    Scooter,

I am so glad that you showed your true colors. I was hoping you would. Thanks for posting.

I too am so glad Scooter showed her true colors. True Blue !!! Emphasis heavily on TRUE.

XW

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh xw!

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Emphasis heavily on TRUE.

what does that mean in relation to anything that Robyn said?

It seems to imply anyone disagreeing with your veiw isnt a true blue American? I'm not saying that is what you are saying, I am just asking you to clarify the meaning.

Brummie

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Saddam being a dictator brought some stability to the region although it was brutal the way he achieved control. Remember when he was gassing the Kurds we just sat back and did nothing because at the time he was seen as an ally of America. Also after the last Gulf war when he was butchering the Kurds and Shiites, the army watched as all this was going on. George Bush senior at the time said that it was none of our business as this is a conflict that has being going on for thousands of years. I understand it is very hard to unite that country as you have different warring factions. The US will shortly be finding out how hard that may be.

Listening to different expert on the Middle East they are saying that they have no concept of democracy. Most countries there have been rule by autocratic dictators. Although we know and appreciate what democracy is, it will take them time to understand and appreciate it. We can't force it on them and they will resent it if we do. We must help them achieve it through diplomacy and helping them become educated. We can’t force our culture on them and I am afraid that is what they may see it as. They have to work with their own cultural difference to achieve their own form of democracy.

Will

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Saddam being a dictator brought some stability to the region although it was brutal the way he achieved control

Hitler being a dictator brought some stability to the region although it was brutal the way he achieved control....

Brummie

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

WT

I am not implying anything. I am just stating that is the way I feel. The time we get rid of religious, ethnical, racial, political etc. barriers and have tolerance for one anther then maybe we can live in peace. You are correct this isn't a perfect world as we can't even get along sometime with our fellow citizens but maybe by applying this to ourselves one by one we can achieve it.

Will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit