JW org collapses

by I Faded Twice 138 Replies latest social humour

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Do you know how much WT made from the sale of Brooklyn properties? 1 billion dollars?

Do you know how much the Mormon church collects in tithes each year? 8 billion or so?

WT is not weathly compared to other religions, and they are getting poorer every month. Can they turn it around by making even more cuts? It’s possible, but not likely they can turn it around, in my view.

Churches that have collapsed/are in terminal decline:

Apostolic Church - because their prophecy about their leadership being specially chosen in a specific timeframe failed

Shakers - because they opposed procreation

Church of God - because their media empire faltered

Methodists in Britain - didn’t move with the times and also lost sight of core message: worst of both worlds

Christian Science - lack of leadership to carry on legacy of founder

Watchtower suffers from every single one of these issues that have destroyed comparable religious groups. Yet some people insist that Watchtower is immune to collapse. Why?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Ahhh and all is right with the world.

• Doubter
    Doubter

I don’t think anyone has claimed WT is immune to collapse. I certainly haven’t.

I just don’t buy into all these popular, and UNPROVEN conspiracy theories that have been circulating the internet since the late 90s. After all, if those conspiracies were remotely true, WT would not exist in 2018.

And “not wealthy compared to other religions” does not mean you’re not wealthy.

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice
    C'mon morph is that the best rebuttal you got.....? You must be getting soft or somin.....
  • I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice

I wasn't an ex witness in the 90s doubter ..that's why it's gotta happen soon!

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice

And “not wealthy compared to other religions” does not mean you’re not wealthy.

I do agree with that. Some of the poorest countries in the world have the richest people.

• Doubter
    Doubter

Lol it’s “just around the corner”.

• Doubter
    Doubter

Yeah, and he was clearly implying that WT isn’t wealthy, which, of course, is total nonsense.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Doubter back in the 1990s we didn’t have: dozens of branch closures, thousands of KHs being sold, WT and Awake! reduced to nothing, Yearbook discontinued, thousands of bethelites sent home, district overseers abolished, special pioneer numbers slashed, no new missionaries from Gilead, begging for more donations by GB members, sale and downsizing of headquarters in US, UK and elsewhere, cutting bethel services, no new book releases, demanding perpetual payments from congregations straight to organisation, millions of dollars being paid out to abuse victims, worst media coverage in their history, lack of leadership, completely nonsensical new generation teaching, unprecedented opposition online, on YouTube, Facebook, Reddit, commercial movies exposing shunning, blood, abuse and more, etc, etc.

Apart from that, everything is pretty much the same as it was in 2001 and absolutely nothing to suggesf Watchtower is in any kind of trouble whatever.

• Doubter
    Doubter
    So now you suggesting that the collapse is just beginning. Well that’s convenient.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit