Afghanistan-Kabul falls to Taliban - U.S. Embassy staff evacuated by helicopter

by fulltimestudent 112 Replies latest jw friends

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@GoUnion: the Chinese are involved all over Africa, including Muslim countries with the Belt and Road project. They don’t exert military power (yet) but as you see with the WHO, they get the right people in the right places and then squeeze when necessary. The whole reason the WHO blocked any investigation into China was because the current leadership is from a country that is basically a Chinese puppet.

They have learned greatly from the tactics and the mistakes that Stalin made after WW2 and they are using the same methods that made the USSR a world power without having anything (physically, militarily or economically) threatening.

They’ve gotten a great number of UN resolutions passed this way that benefit them, they are the ones that got through the idiotic Obama-era climate change accords which said they could emit whatever they want while the US would have to pay out huge sums of cash to the world.

The Chinese already promised cooperation with the Taliban and recognized them as the leaders of Afghanistan, they will funnel (slave) workers and infrastructure into the country that makes the Taliban a puppet for them in the next 10-20 years. They don’t think about election cycles and financial quarter winnings, Winnie the Pooh is elected for life, like Stalin.

There is trouble brewing in Ethiopia, Egypt and Somaliland over water and other resources, the Chinese have their fat finger right in the middle of it. Everywhere in Africa and Asia and given Biden Jr. has been picking bags of cash from them in the past decade, they have a great influence on our current administration.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Simon: Wondered when you'd show up to post your China propaganda piece.

Hi Simon, Been around (on this thread for some 9 days!

May I point out that it's NOT my propaganda piece. If it's anyone's 'piece,' its from India's Economic Times (basically a financial news media group), an associate journal to the Times of India, the largest English language newspaper in the world.

I'd be pretty sure that this newspaper would not print any chinese propaganda at all.

The second post was report in The Economic Times, which THEY said was first published in The New York Times, referring to the opinions of an American..

In my daily reads I can cover newspapers from all around the world, so I get to see and understand what the world is thinking.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang
    then begin “relocating” the natives to concentration camps to harvest their organs…. Just like they have with the uyghurs

In which case, they too would join that long list of other powers who came a "gutser" by attempting to invade Afghanistan. That would be one way of diminishing the power and prestige of the People's Republic of China!

• Justaguy
    Justaguy

Why would the chi coms care about their prestige anywhere in the world except china? What a bizarre POV, and one not shared by the chi coms I assure you.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

"Losing face" is considered a very serious matter in Asia - including China.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Life may not be easy for any future new government in Afghanistan - as the two bomb attacks in Kabul demonstrate.

No doubt, the existence of IsisK has been known to western intelligence groups, but who are they and what relationship do the have with the the contemporary Taliban, which itself may be different to the Taliban of 20 years ago.

This Australian ABC report tries to describe Isis K:

Who is ISIS-K? Here's what we know about the Islamic State offshoot in Afghanistan accused of planning the Kabul airport bombing.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-27/islamic-state-isis-k-bombings-afghanistan-airport/100411756

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Isis K may not be the only opposition group that the new Taliban dominated government may have to face.

The Vice-President of the just deposed government has declared himself President of Afghanistan and fled to the Panjshir Valley, his birthplace and a legendary source of resistance to invasion, and which seems to be developing into a refuge for those who want to continue resistance to the Taliban.

Australia's ABC discusses tis situation

Afghanistan's former vice-president Amrullah Saleh accuses US of blackmail over talks with Taliban.

Link to the article: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-26/amrullah-saleh-afghanistan-vice-president-accuses-us-of-blackmai/100405820?utm_campaign=news-article-share-2-control&utm_content=facebook&utm_medium=content_shared&utm_source=abc_news_web&fbclid=IwAR3vK5OmPZeL8IrH0_yf3vwFhVoP9iCZUb7T0NkHAYJGOvWAqJU0tfY1VQY

This alternative "President" also claims that the February 2020 agreement that the 'deal' the USA signed with the Taliban (setting a timetable for US withdrawal based on the Taliban meeting peace commitments, which included not harbouring Al Qaeda terrorists) was reached by the USA black mailing the then existing Afghani government.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Escape by flight from Afghanistan in 1928-9. Saved this image from a FB page called 'History Collection.'

The caption read. "British nationals prepare to board an aircraft at Sherpur aerodrome during the Kabul Airlift, amid the Afghan Civil War (winter of 1928-1929)."

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    In my daily reads I can cover newspapers from all around the world, so I get to see and understand what the world is thinking.

Hi Fulltimestudent I just wondered how do you this? Is it an App that you get a subscription to all the major papers? I've been looking for something like that.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

At least by that stage in time, Britain had the sense not to attempt to occupy the country.

They had already learned the hard way to use more subtle methods to influence events in Afghanistan. Regrettably, those lessons were lost somewhere along the wayside, with the result being as Winston Churchill once noted: "Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit