Help! Mike & Kim videos all being deleted by Youtube

by mrmagic 161 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    they are indeed breaching the Copyright laws

If that is the case, besides YouTube taking them down, a Court could impose monetary damages and enjoin them from using the material again. But that has to be decided in a legal forum should they challenge the copyright owner.

Mike and Kim are doing their best to denounce such practices.

If they break copyright laws or any other laws, the Courts have the power and authority to stop them - unless God intervenes in their behalf.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Fisherman: If they break copyright laws or any other laws, the Courts have the power and authority to stop them - unless God intervenes in their behalf.

You're right. They do have the power to stop them. That doesn't make it moral though. Throughout history, the powerful and the wealthy have used the law to control and step on the masses.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    That doesn't make it moral though. -SL

Based on your thinking then, because you say so, it shouldn't be moral that the authorities stop people that don't like you from borrowing and using your car whenever they feel like it without your permission because throughout history, the powerful and the wealthy have used the law to control and step on the masses. And by the same token it should also be moral for people to steal and borrow other people's property as long it is based on personal moral standards. -What do I know, I only figured that it is wrong to take something that does not belong to you, besides it being highly unlawful.

In other words, it may not be moral to enforce copyright laws when wt owns the copyright.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

It took awhile to get over Mike always saying "you jehovah witnesses", in such an angry tone. Still is not pleasant to hear.

I do like them, but sometimes I disagree. At 10:03 ish in the following video they say CT Russell was found to be childish (puerile) compared to the other charlatans of the day (p38 of Apostles of Denial). Actually, the interviewer referred to in the book found the other snake oil salesmen to be puerile, not CT Russell. They looked up the word, but still pronounced it as pearl... sigh. Here it is: we'll see how long...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_sgEOVC4wE

The interviewer, W.T. Ellis found him to be the cleverest propagandist of the age. Indeed.

Sometimes they make a mountain out a molehill, like when a C.O. asks a question that most would not know the answer due to the wt changing it so often. They thought that he was probably on a witch hunt. Actually, the C.O. is just using another form of guilt. (See, you need to study more!!!)

• steve2
    steve2

So, they are not being shut down without any recourse. Youtube has been given them the opportunity to either make a case for their use of specific copyrighted material or remove the specific copyright-violating videos. Only failure to do so will result in their being shut down.

Wouldn't commonsense dictate that they modify their use of copyrighted material to comply - unless of course their preference lies elsewhere (melodrama, crying, "Persecution", positing themselves as David to JW organization Goliath)?

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

This might help you understand the copyright strike issue on youtube:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2814000?hl=en

Three strikes shuts down a channel, and deleting a video that has a copyright strike does not resolve the issue. On Mike and Kim's latest video they said that four of the eight have been resolved. That leaves two more to keep the channel. Anyway, hope that clears things up a bit.

I agree with you in a way, because when they load complete wt videos with a little commentary or no commentary it is asking for trouble. People have left comments for Mike and Kim, warning them, but I do not think they get to read all the comments.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Also, they have been on YouTube for a long time. They have published their views and wt did not stop them. But wt owns the copyright and now for whatever reason wt wants enforcement.

• Listener
    Listener

The Watchtower stopped them once before, their channel was closed down. They opened a new one adding a y to their name.

It's a pity we can't shut down the Watchtower for all its lies and false advertising.

It's interesting to see a number of unofficial JW YouTube channels showing numerous Watchtower propoganda. The comment section is always disabled. No doubt, this is another method of theirs to try to divert viewers from anti Watchtower videos.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    It's a pity we can't shut down the Watchtower for all its lies and false advertising.

I feel the same way about a lot of religions -all of them for that matter except for wt- but I don't try to shut them down or infringe on their copyrights.

The Watchtower stopped them once before, their channel was closed down. They opened a new one adding a y to their name.

I feel no pity for them then if they are defiantly doing what they are doing instead of challenging YT decision legally after they were asked to stop and desist. Wt has been very patient.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Fisherman - I feel the same way about a lot of religions -all of them for that matter except for wt- but I don't try to shut them down or infringe on their copyrights.

If after 14 years of being active on an apostate site can't make you see that WT is just as mislead and misleading as those other religions, you sir may be the most brainwashed person on this planet. That is a level of denial that most can't achieve.

You're a unique individual here Fishy. I agree with you on the legalities here in this thread, but your comment there struck me. 14 years of playing the game and riding the fence, with one foot out of the cult as a thinking person and one foot firmly entrenched in denial. I used to just think you were an awful person to be honest, but your comment above struck me. I'm sorry you're so stuck man. That's got to be tough.

14 years and still defending the cult, gripping the wheel tightly on the Titanic, convinced that it is going to be upright soon. Damn. If that doesn't show the power of the cult I don't know what could. I feel for you. You ride an interesting line. I wish I could see you fully free one day. It's like you want to be so bad, but you just can't let go. That's such a desperate place. You're quite the enigma there Fishy. Maybe it's just the rules and authoritarianism just like the legalities that you see so black and white that has you in it's grips. Sometimes our greatest strength is also our greatest weakness.

You and others are right though. It's hard to feel for Mike and Kim if they're just being obstinate. Just abide by the law and move on. It's so interesting that you have no problem with them doing these videos other than legally though. That fence riding is fascinating. It's a shame I didn't see you in NYC. I'd buy you a beer and I don't even drink. You deserve one after what you've put yourself through here on this forum. It must be a tough slog.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit