Help! Mike & Kim videos all being deleted by Youtube

by mrmagic 161 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

steve2

I don't see what they've done wrong. John Cedars uses far more WT stuff than they do.

I watch all their videos and they very rarely show WT articles. Kim said there seemed to be a 'seek and destroy' mentality coming out from Warwick. If that's the case, we may see other channels targeted, I guess.

There's a lot of JW trolls that make nasty comments under exJW videos, I guess they could be stirring up trouble by reporting too.

• John Davis
    John Davis

It is not always the amount of content but it is also how recognizable the content is. you might not have a problem showing 4 minutes of Star Wars desert and forest scenes and have no problem, but maybe 10 seconds of Darth Vador may nab you for a copyright violation. The difference is that the desert and forest scenes are not as recognizable as Darth Vador is.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

No way! They really must be having an impact if theyre going after them like that. Theres a few straight uploads of Watchtower videos with no commentary, so that could be how they got them. Most of their videos have the disclaimer at the beginning.

Kind of ironic that they, of all people, get done for copyright!!

Betcha it wow Cedarscthat do bed 'em in LOL!He's got a temper on him that one!!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Betcha it wow Cedarscthat do bed 'em in LOL!He's got a temper on him that one!!

Ahem! In English that was:

Betcha it woz Cedars wot dobbed 'em in LOL! He's got a temper on him that one!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Lol, WT flagged them for copyright infringement? If I was spreading the truth with the power of God's holy spirit I would want anybody to copy my material.

Confusedalot Exactly! Mike and Kim have one or two Watchtower videos, as I said, just uploaded plain for all to see without commentary. But if this was God's true channel with nothing to hide they should be PROUD that others are showing their videos!

• John Davis
    John Davis

Stanford University has a good explanation on fair use. Again this is one of the most complex areas of law that is out there, but it is a good start.

http://fairuse.stanford.edu/overview/fair-use/four-factors/

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

The thing about Mike and Kim, whatever you say about them, they sure are entertaining!!

I honestly think, with the right guidance, they have the potential to make it BIG!

Seriously, Mr. Angry and Mrs. Endearing...good mixture for the masses...

I like things a little more high brow myself. Susan Gaskin's my girl!!

And Katy Kitten of course!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

To each his own. I like the fact that there are a variety of personalities and nationalities out there all basically telling the same WT horror story.

I think all of us ex-jws can come off as crazy at times.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    John Cedars uses far more WT stuff than they do.

Maybe, but wt can do whatever they legally like with their property same like everyone else can too.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Thanks for the info David - it is indeed a highly subjective and grey area.

With that in mind I suspect that youtube rarely take the time and trouble to investigate the rights and wrongs of a copyright infringement claim, resorting to a path of least resistance in favour of the complainant.

The irony is that the WTS has a history of quoting out of context yet are highly sensitive when detractors present arguments backed up with source material in full context.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit