Help! Mike & Kim videos all being deleted by Youtube

by mrmagic 161 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

And besides, your property is only and apple and you should not be so upset if people steal your property because it is only an apple and it is moral to steal an apple because Jesus says so in the Bible and wt should not get upset and allow anyone one who likes to steal apples to infringe wt copyright because it is moral! And that is why Isis steals apples too. !!! Therefore every one should break copyright laws because they are stealing an apple and it is the moral thing to do to expose wt by stealing an apple.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

You used many examples in which I would suffer by someone stealing from me. Mike and Kim are not stealing money, cars, homes, etc. They are playing material in order to hold the watchtower accountable for their actions.

A better example you may understand:

I send you a copyrighted video in which I tell you that I will give you 1 000 dollars sometime in the future. 10 years go by and you stopped believing my empty promise. However, you see that I am now making the very same empty promise to others around you. In order to warn others and share your story, you make a youtube video where you play that video you received. After all, you want to prove that you are stating the truth! And BAM: I complain to youtube. Instead of following through with my promise and give you the 1000$ I start complaining that you are steeling my copyrighted material!

This is exactly what I see from the watchtower when they use their copyrights.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

@Laliberte

The copyright material MK is using is not theirs to use. It is the property of wt. The owners of the property have made it known to MK that they do not have permission to use it. MK have not challenged WT ownership by filing a petition in Court which is the legal and moral thing to do.

There is nothing more to say on this except that MK can go to jail or die for their beliefs and you too. But I doubt it. You will chicken out if faced with a stiff fine or jail. You are all talk and so is MK. Put your assets where your mouth is Laliberte like JW do in SK, Russia and did in Nazi Germany, the US , etc. and I will respect you.

• Simon
    Simon

We live in a world where people now sue over 1-star reviews.

Often it doesn't come down to "right", it comes down to pragmatism. Few people need the hassle or expense trying to fight a court case when all they need to do is remove their content which is why everyone does, every time, even if legally they have a fair basis for using it.

Bottom line is: I don't judge anyone for giving in to WTS legal pressure - I think it's absolutely the sensible thing to do as much as I hate that to be reality.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I find Mike and Kim moderately entertaining. What is the current status of their situation. Based upon their last post it appears that they are fighting the charge.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Stephane: They might have a legal case, but its not moral

Fisherman: Its the law. Its their right.

Stephane: That doesn't make it moral.

Fisherman: yes its moral because its the law in all countries.

Stephane: When the JWs are banned in all country at the great tribulation, will it be moral?

Fisherman: ignores awesome comeback (BURRNNN) and goes back to : Its the law!

Stephane: Provides awesome illustration.

Fisherman: Ignores illustration. Its the law!! And now throws in an insult: You wouldn't have the balls to suffer persecution like the JWs do in some countries.

I think that sums it up nicely. And now, I'll move on to other threads.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

@ Laliberte. Simon's post shows that it is not for a public Forum to decide what is lawful.

How is KM forbidden usage of copyrighted material moral after they were given notice to cease and desist by the copyright owners and instead of legally showing good cause opened another account using another name and continued to use the material disregarding YT tos and the owners' expressed wishes. ( Assuming that KM were asked to stop. I don't know if their usage infringes,my posts assumes that they do and that they defied a cease and desist notice )

• Simon
    Simon

Not everything that is legal is moral and vice versa.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Not everything that is legal is moral and vice versa.

Your statement assumes the existence of morality. If it does exists it must be defined.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

fair use is worth exploring and fighting for. it only offers slim pickings but at least one can still use the material if one can prove fair use or aim to work within its parameters

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit