Help! Mike & Kim videos all being deleted by Youtube

by mrmagic 161 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• John Davis
    John Davis

StephaneLaliberte you used the example of a poor child stealing an apple and would it would not be the moral thing to call the cops on the child even though he is breaking the law. While yes it is not the moral thing to do to call the cops on the child would it be the right thing to do to turn a blind eye and let the child think that it is acceptable to steal from someone else? In your example you talked about wouldn’t Jesus give charity to the child in the form of a bag of apples. But that is not stealing a bag of apples, you’re not condoning the child from stealing the bag of apples but you're encouraging the charity of a bag of apples.

Still, on your example let’s say that same child is 10 or 11 so they are able to reason a little bit more. Would that child feel good about stealing that apple from your store because they are hungry or wouldn’t they feel guilty for doing it? Would they think back on the way that their parents raised them and remember their mom saying don’t steal, unless you’re in real need then it is ok? Probably not, they would think back to what their parents taught them that stealing is always wrong. They would be having a constant internal struggle debating what they need and what they know is right and wrong. Do you see that same feeling in this couple that is breaking the law? Do you see an internal struggle or remorse that they are breaking the law or do you see arrogance when they have been shut down that they are the ones being persecuted for breaking a law that applies to everyone.

Let’s just change your example to the universal example that has plagued philosophers and ethicists around the world. Let’s say you are a father and you feel you need to steal bread for your hungry family. You go into a store and steal bread and you get caught and they call the cops. The cops come and let you off with a warning that you can’t steal bread from the store. The cop then tells you there are legal means that you can use to help your hungry family in fact right next door there is a food bank that you can get free food and there is no penalty for taking food from there, you just have to obey the law. But instead of going the legal means the next day you go back to the store and steal some bread again, and the cops come and let you go with a warning reminding you that there are legal means to help your family. Again you ignore their warning and do it again and this time the cops come and arrest you. Are you really the victim of the cops or the store owner not being moral people? No, they consistently warned you and told you that of course, you have a duty to feed your family but there are legal means to do so, but you refuse to take their warning to stop breaking the law.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    fair use is worth exploring and fighting for.

According to Listener, KM has not done that, they just posted using another name.

Laliberete feels that KM using wt material on YT is the moral thing to do ( ' to hold wt accountable') even if it is forbidden by law. He also challenges the morals of a Court Order stopping KM from doing so.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Fisherman: It is not become something is legal, or illegal that it is thereby moral/immoral. I believe that God (if there is one), will judge solely on morality. Not our blind obedience to imperfect man made rules Laliberte

On the one hand SL leaves moral accountability to God.

It is obvious that the WT lies, distort the truth and manipulate its members through propaganda. Mike and Kim are doing their best to denounce such practices. If, in technicality, they are indeed breaching the Copyright laws, it is obvious to anyone who see's their videos that the motives are moral.

On the other hand not only does SL self defines wt conduct as immoral but wants to go after them holding wt accountable - not to God- but to KM and to Laliberte as justification for breaking the law and encroaching on wt copyright.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

John Davis, Fisherman, since you steel want to write on this subject, please explain the harm the KM are causing to the watchtower by "violating" the copyrights.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    John Davis, Fisherman, since you steel want to write on this subject, please explain the harm the KM are causing to the watchtower by "violating" the copyrights.

What personal definition of morality do you like?

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Fisherman, I asked about the harm watchtower is suffering. How are they suffering. Is it loss of revenue? How exactly are they loosing revenue? What is it exactly?

For such a question, weather the action causing the harm is legal or moral has no bearing. I am simply asking about the consequences for the watchtower. How is it harmed exactly.

• John Davis
    John Davis

StephaneLaliberte: I never claimed that there was any financial harm or I am not sure of any other harm that was done, but that doesn't negate that they are being taken down due to the law. The copyright law does not require harm to occur to the copyright holder. Unlike popular belief personal use of copyrighted material is still a violation of it and can be enforced. If they want to break the law that is their decision but it is also that they have to man up and take the consequences of breaking the law, which in this case is having their account revoked. It isn't persecution or anything when the law is built for everyone and is being enforced to everyone.

• zeb
    zeb

perhaps if they do a summary video in their own words until they sort it out.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

John Davis: If there is no harm, why do you think WT bothered to make the complaints so many times? Why exactly would they have a problem with KM showing (mostly parts) of their videos?

When you ask authorities to enforce the law, their must be a motive. I am asking you (and Fisherman), what that motive is. Please help me understand.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    please explain the harm the KM are causing to the watchtower by "violating" the copyrights.

"I didn't give you permission to walk into my house." "Get out of my house!" "But I'm not causing you any harm." "Get out of my house!!!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit