Latest Leaked BOE letter to Elders Oct. 4th

by Watchtower-Free 135 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro
    Oh and great job whoever leaked this!!!
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

I just put the first ten paragraphs of Chapter 1 from the Bible Teach book through a Gunning fog Index calculator.

Here is the result: The Gunning Fog index is 6.125

The index estimates the years of formal education needed to understand the text on a first reading. In other words, this book is written at approximately a 6th grade level.

So they're simplifying that. This suggests that the WT leadership is lowering the bar on their expectations for their converts.

Maybe they think that people aren't smart enough to understand "the truth." The problem is that their beliefs aren't hard to understand, it's that they don't make sense!

Let's review: It's a cult!

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Wow, the elimination of the school is likely going to make many JWs happy. Of course, those presentations will still need to be handled and you know they aren't going to be done by elders. I wonder if they will have a procedure for determining who can do the presentations? Of course they will, they micromanage everything. Very interesting to see how that plays out.

I think someone else said it - but the change to the TMS is probably due to the lack of qualified men.

I think the Pew survey last time around showed that JWs in the US jumped to being 2/3rds women - now they can use women for "demonstrations" but they're not "teaching" like when men give a talk from a podium. Now all the parts can be handled by women if needed, but they don't look like they're capitulating to people complaining about the misogynist system they have and they hide the real problem - the lack of qualified men.

• cantleave
    cantleave
    It's amazing how much this cult has changed since I left. What surprises me is why we aren't seeing a mass exodus.
  • cofty
    cofty
    Another big step in the dumbing down process that began in the 80s with the first edition of the Reasoning Book.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ cantleave...

We are the exodus.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

cantleave;

There is no such mass exodus because of 2 big reasons and here is my theory;

1)The shunning policy. The real threat of losing immediate family and friends who one may have had for 25 or 30 years.

2)Mind control. Imagine being told you've been in the ''truth'' for 40,50 even 60 years. No matter what a person is told they just want to believe what they want no matter what. That's how hardened a person can become. That they just can't be told something otherwise.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

This is HUGE news!

Just drop this info in conversation with witnesses over the next few weeks like "I wonder if the midweek meeting will change? etc or I wonder when the magazines will become bi-monthly and not have dates on them..."

Then watch as their minds try and work out HOW you knew this information a month in advance of even the "elders"...

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    It's got to be annoying that they keep changing the meeting formats every few years. Most people want stability and routine when they go to their indoctrination sessions. They can't even get that anymore.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

There's more than one kind of exodus.

It can be a massive walk-out that shatters a regime with a single blow...

...or it can be a slow and steady hemorrhage of people and assets that steadily undermines a regime's ability to function.

The WTS doesn't need all the R&F to walk in order for it to collapse.

It just needs to reach a point where the scale tips and it's no longer able to sustain itself with what it has left (hence the downsizing).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit