Latest Leaked BOE letter to Elders Oct. 4th

by Watchtower-Free 135 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly
    I guess everyone actually graduated from the TMS after all. LOL!
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Good one leaving!
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

Of course! Bigger halls are needed for all the Bethelites being chucked out.

There's the increase in the final part of the days...

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Wouldn't every elder coordinator (PO) have this letter?
  • Tornintwo
    Tornintwo
    Does anyone else think that these 'big changes' are just a way to get the r&f all excited so that they get to chattering 'we just have the best religion in the world ever' and 'look how they look after us and how they are simplifying things all the time!' and distract them from the fact that the big A is nowhere near? Just like the go-bags 2 or 3 years ago.
  • sir82
    sir82

Wouldn't every elder coordinator (PO) have this letter?

It is a leaked letter. It won't be posted until early October.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Wow, those are a lot of changes!

Mostly they seem like change for change sake. A lot of rearranging the deck furniture on the Titanic.

It must drive the GB guys crazy that this stuff is getting leaked before the Annual Meeting!

"a new 224-page publication entitled What Can the Bible Teach Us? [that] will be useful when studying with individuals who need to have the truth presented in a simpler manner"

A 224 page book for simpletons.

Clearly, the WT leadership has no clue about good teaching, even after all these years.

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

If this is true then there is no 2nd school. Which means no need for the space for extra classrooms. Which means more space for a main hall.

It also means less people needed to give parts and more opportunity for sisters (if they do all three presentations) or to give pioneers more of the spotlight. I guess the written review will be gone as well...good riddance.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Does anyone else think that these 'big changes' are just a way to get the r&f all excited...

For the last several visits, the CO has been saying, "If you think we've had a lot of changes so far, you ain't seen nothin' yet." In other words, expect more and more changes. This was all to tell the R&F to just deal with it. Apparently, many don't like the huge amount of changes in the past few years.

This religion is, without a doubt, re-inventing itself from within. Re-branding has happened, and will continue to do so. For the first time, the "Organized" book is being released in electronic form. That's HUGE! Now, anyone, including non-JWs can get one. Sure, they have to read a disclaimer, but so what.

I think the structure of the new meetings seems somewhat interesting. Not that I'll attend, of course. I haven't been to a mid-week meeting (with the exception of a CO visit) in a few months. Not planning on doing so now.

One bad part is leaving the announcements until the end of the meeting. Any DF or DA announcements then will destroy the mood left by the rest of the meeting. I think that's a dumb move, personally.

Just like the go-bags 2 or 3 years ago.

Don't know about your area, but here in the Puget Sound (Seattle area), go-bags are very much encouraged by even "worldly" authorities. It's encouraged by the media in the area. I've had discussions with non-JWs who carry emergency supplies in their vehicles and have go-bags ready due to the threat of earthquakes and volcano eruption here. Personally, I think the way the organization went about it by having the elders require everyone have one was over the top, but the idea behind it was a sound one.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    The name of the meeting and the names of the parts are a good Guage of the dumbing down of this religion to an emotion based Jesus touching American fundie crap fest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit