Latest Leaked BOE letter to Elders Oct. 4th

by Watchtower-Free 135 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Its like its not even fair anymore, JW.org is using a 67 Volkswagen Bug trying to keep up with the modern day Ferrari that is the internet.

That said, it really shows the absolute lack of brainpower up there. Who is calling the shots on this one? They have a mole, trying to put the toothpaste back into the tube isn't going to work in a million years.

Idiots.

• oppostate
    oppostate

Remember the leak that COs were going to be a thing of the past? (Fool me once.....)

Actually the leak was correct. The GB was looking into getting rid of DO's and CO's and discussing this with foreign Branches for input. They'd talked about using brothers from the specific circuit to visit local congregations as in a City Overseer arrangement. Part-time circuit overseers would report to the local Branches, help process appointments, give special talks, etc. all from his own home base and using his own transportation as visiting speakers do now.

The DO's have been let go but the CO's remain although the CO visits have been shortened and they've been given more responsibility for appointments.

The leak was just too soon during the process as they muddled their way through the "changes" that the JW's would need to go along with although not seeming logical from a "human" point of view. So... These changes were in the works, discussed with foreign Branch rep's but too raw when the leak went out.

• Elisa1966
    Elisa1966
    I think, the new Teach book will replace the old Teach book in a few years/months.
  • Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

BOE mentioning Oct 4th letter

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

We used to offer the public 128 pages of Watchtower and Awake! wisdom every month but from next January that's down to a slim 16 pages.

Really? Have I got that right?!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Of course, I meant "we" in the historic sense 😉
  • wifibandit
    wifibandit
    Most of those 16 pages are pictures.
  • Simon
    Simon

Am I missing something?

They are just making some changes to the service meeting format as far as I can make out through all the noise.

It's not like they are declaring the "second coming of Christ", setting a new end-time date, changing their stance on blood, disfellowshipping or just admitting they made everything up and are packing up shop.

There is a time and a place for going nuts over things but I don't think this is really "it".

The story is that the letter leaked, not so much what is in the letter ... right?

• sir82
    sir82

We used to offer the public 128 pages of Watchtower and Awake! wisdom every month but from next January that's down to a slim 16 pages.

Really? Have I got that right?!

Yep, that's it. An 87.5% reduction in content.
    Actually, between the 87.5% fewer pages and bigger pictures and use of bullet-point style writing, it's about a 95% reduction in content.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    I think thats a fair summation, simon. I suspect that, aside from the huge leak, the biggest deal is the new languge in general. Very different from normal witness speak and its causing it to be perceived as a bigger change than it really is

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit