Latest Leaked BOE letter to Elders Oct. 4th

by Watchtower-Free 135 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Laymen meetings instead of ordained ministers are all.

there's essentially no difference between the two magazines now

Too many watchtowers. One is enough for all.

• All for show
    All for show
    I'm so curious, anyone with a profile, what is being said on jw talk?!
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I don't know, but in the last 5 or so years, it's obvious the Borg is fighting to stay alive. I mean not 5 years ago the internet was so frowned upon. Now it seems all they do is push jw.org and live broadcasts. Overkill.
  • Olivia Wilde
    Olivia Wilde

It's still 1 hour & 45 min, that's way toooo long still why couldn't they make it 1:30 max, starting at 730 & ending at 9:15 pm is way too late, I need my 10 hours of sleep, nothing exciting don't they realize kids bed times are at 830. ... we will be discussing bible books i wonder if tgey are doing this & discussing verse or sections to be given their understanding

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    OneEyedJoe - you said it right about the WT probably being dropped in the future. I think you're right.
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    WTS is busy with the Royal Commission stuff so much they have to reduce Awkake and WT printing to bimonthly.
  • nugget
    nugget
    The society dumbing down the teach book is no surprise but it is the witnesses who are getting dumber not the general public.
  • steve2
    steve2

Anecdotal reports have long held that the mid-week meeting often has the poorest attendance - so it looks like this revamp is an acknowledgement thst something drastic had to happen.

As with the move to literature trolleys, watch the great sleep continue. As others have noted, the distinctive JW language (e.g., theocratic) is being phased out and bland mainstream language settles in (e.g., Christian).

Earlier threads speculated that numbers of issues of magazines would drop - and they have. The justification for only having numbers instead of dates on the magazines is laughable: so they won't appear out of date when given to people! Puh-lease.

A simplified message becomes even more simplified. Baby food is now the mest in due season.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Aha instead of theocratic ministry school now "Apply yourself in the field ministry " school with 3 student's presentations of first call, return visit, bible study > concentration on field skill!

Adult persons have to go to school for a lifetime to apply field skills

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    I'm so curious, anyone with a profile, what is being said on jw talk?!

Interesting. There is quite a lot of "this makes sense, the end is near" suck it up and get giddy nonsense.

There has been some comment about funds running out, even counting the cost references, but this has been quickly countered with corporate support.

It has definitely caused some questioning of fiscal responsibility but that questioning is not going down well.

It will be interesting to see what happens as this becomes common knowledge in the R&F as by that time the AGM announcement will be happening. Maybe that will overwhelm people's questioning but on the other hand there has been so much change people are starting to get a bit jittery.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit