I'm New

by Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho 209 Replies latest members meetups

• jp1692
    jp1692

@Wake Me Up: Good news! It is definitely NOT too late to "rewrite your brain."

More to come ...

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@Problemaddict 2 That is EXCELLENT ADVICE! And it's not a dishonest approach either. The elders really did crush me to pieces, to the point of being inconsolably down. I'm feeling so much better now, thanks to everyone on this forum, but if the elders try to reschedule the meeting, I will milk the damsel in distress disposition. Appreciate the tip! I'm officially STUMBLED. Thanks, elders! :D

• Stirred
    Stirred

Welcome to the forum,

I've been out of touch for while after pursuing a fade in mid-2014. I took some dramatic steps to finish my wakeup process and was eventually successful will all in our family out but all in various stages of recovery, including my kids.

I read your experience and was shocked. I secretly worried if you'd work it through. That the other "sister" was involved sounds like fraud and if you saved all the evidence of her requests for money, feeding you lines, etc, you may be able to send her a sweet attorney letter (not barred from contact) to notify her you may be pursuing charges of intentional infliction of emotional distress. Did she promise to pay you back BTW?

I am deeply sorry for the outcome, the scarring and the side effects that you are now and may yet to experience in all the aftermath, especially with your family.

I LOVE Giordano's suggestion. Maybe it is my sense of justice that I'd like some revenge and to make them sweat a bit, including the nark. I have determined that if they go after me, I will pursue legal action but preserve myself the stress and indignity of a meeting. They've caused enough emotional damage.

I know of another friend who is pursuing this bent of pursuing charges of intentional charge of emotional distress (she is a paralegal). She'd probably love to help you. She has been successful in getting a judgement in her favor and is in middle of negotiating a settlement of sorts. In her case it is unrelated to WT.

I think you are very strong and brave. I'm not sure I could've stayed in the room when they started to raise their voice. You deserve to be treated with dignity and respect, even if they disagree with you.

I hope you are able to spend some time with your Dad and explain that you felt stumbled by things you learned and a confidence shared was leaked. Maybe his protective nature will soften any impact from elders. Work on his heart and reassure your parents of your love and that you are there for them and hope they will be there for you also as you struggle with the doubts, concerns, sense of injustice and abuse inflicted by elders and false friends.

Wishing you all the best.

@Stirred Thank you so much for taking the time to write to me on here. My father has an arctic efficiency about him where he remains cold, aloof and unwilling to open up on matters. He acknowledges that he is distant and lacks emotion (we're over fifty years apart in age, plus there's his stony European background that crystalizes his iciness), yet I'm still grasping at any shred of humanity he may have. As his youngest daughter, I'm desperate to just have his approval and blessing in life. Some things just aren't meant to be, so I really need to stop forcing it. Especially when he's firmly entrenched in his support for the WBTS.

The sister who used me in her bid to cash in her currency with the elders never promised to pay me back. And that's because I never intended my financial help to be a loan. I deliberately set aside my single mother pension each week to contribute to her needs whenever we met up (bi-weekly, at a minimum). But that didn't matter to me - if I was helping her/doing something worthy, then being paid back was not something I was interested in. I really am a fool for other people. I do agree that it's a revolting move on her part to deliberately draw close to me in order to cause distress. However, I can also sympathize with her diminished capacity, since she most likely felt honored and noble to be helping the elders do "Jehovah's work". She could have gone about it in a less emotionally and financially draining way. I guess she saw the end result (an apostate being shown the door) justifying the means (taking advantage of my kindness).

I think I'm just going to leave things as they are UNLESS the elders push me for another meeting to "close the case". If they dare try to capitalize on what happened in the last meeting I had with them, I won't hold back finding a legal way to defend my rights. In the mean time, I just want to fade quietly (haven't been to a Kingdom Hall meeting since and will not be submitting a field service report for the first time since I was baptized nearly 15 years ago) instead of go down in a flurry of legal wrangling and flames. I think it might be less painful and less drawn out this way. I don't know - I'm just hoping.

• James Jack
    James Jack

Your story is truly amazing!!! It's therapeutic for me to process all this information and I am encouraged, despite the bullying of the Elders, you've have come out of this as a stronger person, being able to express yourself in a logical manner, an inspiration to others. WOW, BRAVO to you and thanks for posting!!!! Looking forward to more of your stories.

@James Jack That's so kind of you to say. I appreciate your support! I haven't felt more at home since I joined this forum a fortnight ago. The encouragement and advice from everyone on here has made me realize how WT's isolation tactics are all a FACADE. I'm not alone. Not anymore. I have you guys.

xox

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hey Wake, you know that if the elders do come harassing you, the offer from myself and unstuck remains.

We will be happy to calmly and politely sit in as "witnesses" and moral support for you.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WAKE ME UP BEFORE YOU JO HO:

(Love your name and love this song).

I would NEVER tolerate any idiot man in this religion raising his voice to me! Thundering! Yeah, my ass. I'd get up and walk out. Who are they trying to imitate? The booming voice of Jehovah at an assembly?

I'm glad I'm out of there so many years. I'm a lot older than you and that kind of disrespect I don't have to tolerate..These f#cking idiots are not my husband. Unless the damn building is on fire they better STFU or at least modulate their voice.

• What is Truth?
    What is Truth?

Nice! Welcome to #TTATT/TFY life, good luck on your fade Wake Me Up, reach out if you need help plenty of groups online and maybe in your area.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

How is life going now @wake?

I'm sure all here would love an update as to how you are coping with awakening...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit