I'm New

by Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho 209 Replies latest members meetups

• jp1692
    jp1692
    Give 'em hell!
  • skin
    skin
    Anybody on here from the Southern Hemisphere?

Yes. SI of NZ.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Well... I had my meeting.

I haven't felt this broken and abused in a long time. It turns out that a fellow "awake" Witness friend was being used as a nark for the elders for the last several months. She'd been feeding them any incriminating information I'd stated to her. The whole time, this "sister" had been bleeding me dry financially because she "needed assistance" with material things. I never held back because - hey - that's what real family does, right?

I was very unprepared for all the information these men had against me and never in my wildest dreams could I have suspected someone could "fake" being awake like this sister. I'd been lied to and stolen from.

When I tried to state my rights to the elders and tell them how uncomfortable I was with this invasion of privacy, their voices rose and they spoke over me - completely bulldozing over my pleas for appropriate behavior. I begged them to stop, but they got more and more gruff and angry toward me.

I ended up collapsing like a house of cards and started crying inconsolably. I couldn't even get words out. I was a weeping mess, completely hysterical and unable to even form two words because my head couldn't process the mistreatment and hostility they were showing me for DARING to think for myself.

My road ends here as a Witness. No more meetings. No more contact welcome from the elders. I can't do this anymore. I'm very distraught at the moment and can't believe the shocking duplicity of them and even fellow congregation members. The end must of justified the means for them since the whole point of setting me up was to remove me like a tick from the congregation.

I'm shattered.

• Chook
    Chook

We are sad to here your predictable outcome, saddest part is they the elders believe they reflect Jesus's tenderness . On a bright note at least you seen the light before to much life was exhausted from you. Those bastard elders have no genuine concern for your welfare, it's all about enforcing cult propaganda. We on this forum thank you for taking us on this journey with you , we are here to help carry your burdens and reassure you of your self worth. Get extra sleep and this nightmare religion will one day be a distant memory.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

Now go do it!

Good luck, Doc

• James Jack
    James Jack

WOW!!! Was the witness present? Was there only one? At the mouth of 2 Witnesses....You can deny it if only 1 witness. Unless you confessed to everything...

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

These are wolves in sheep's clothing. You have learned a valuable lesson about these men and their religion. You are now free...and you know who your real friends are. You may have lost a battle...but you have won the war. Forget about your loss of composure... you were outnumbered and abused. Time will heal the shattering.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Thanks @Chook. Something tells me that these scars will last forever, but at least by walking away completely, I'll no longer be picking at these wounds.

@James Jack, the sister's lone testament counted as one witness for anything verbal I relayed to her. And her text messages counted as supporting evidence of where my head is at with things. I told the elders those messages were taken out of context. They didn't buy it.

The elders said that just because I sent a Youtube link via SMS doesn't make it any less "grave" than if I had actually handed out a physical piece of apostate literature. I told them that just because they were going through my private text messages didn't make it any less grave than if they were rifling through my mail box and opening up physical pieces of mail.

They said that if someone had dared to send THEM an apostate link, they would be bashing at that person's door in fury, demanding an explanation. I told them that every Saturday morning when they knock on people's doors and place literature with them that is deemed "apostate" to the householder's church, they cry "persecution" if the householder is equally angry. Such religious intolerance and censorship is what keeps people locked in false religion - how can they dispute that?

My lines of reasoning were yelled over and cast aside and I wasn't able to get anything across to them. They weren't interested in my defense.

@Vanderhoven7 This definitely felt like a war. I was shot down by the elders' verbal battery of weapons. I still can't breathe steadily and it's been hours since that fatal meeting :(.

• Unstuck
    Unstuck

Hi Wake Me Up - thank you for sharing the trauma of today. Believe me, we feel it with you and we are outraged (although not surprised) at the heartless, inquisition-like behaviour you have endured.

However, today marks a new day. A day where you can say you are free of lies, manipulation and indoctrination. Despite the pain of today, that is something to celebrate. Hold your head high! Be proud! Because you can spot the lies a mile off and won't be fooled by them. You have strength, youth, intelligence and so much to offer. I can't wait to see what you do with yourself in the days/weeks/months ahead.

We will always be here for you!

Love and light

Unstuck

• sparky1
    sparky1

You may feel shattered but you are not completely destroyed. Just remember that in any given moment of your life, 'there is more right with you than wrong with you.' Give the experience you just had with the elders time to settle down and you find the strength to process it mentally and emotionally. In time you will put everything into perspective and hopefully grow away from this unfortunate period of your life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit