I'm New

by Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho 209 Replies latest members meetups

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@Shezzy Hey! I just replied to your thread a few minutes ago. How am I doing now? I'm virtually unrecognizable from the terrified, emotionally devastated woman I was when I first joined this forum. A few people who know me in person from this forum can attest to that evolution I underwent - from feeling like my whole weak, little world had ended when my elders told me, "we need to arrange a meeting with you," to being able to look back on it all and actually see the funny side. Yeah, a lot of has gone on between then and now, but I've reached that point in my awakening/fading where I can see the "hundredfold" of blessings I've received in place of the friends/family/lifestyle I've known and been attached to for my entire life. It hasn't even been a year, and I can clearly see how much better off I am outside of the cult.

It's different for many people, and I actually think it all comes down to each one of us and how we deal with things. When it snows, some people freeze to death. Others go skiing. So grab some mittens, @Shezzy, because you're about to catch some serious air as you zig and zag your way to a far happier future than the one WT had to offer you.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Can I give this post (above) 10 "likes"?

Thanks HoJo for the update! What a great story! Everyone loves a happy ending!

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

Lol @DesirousofChange.

Picturing DOC sprinkling those upvotes/"likes" on my comment like:

Thank you for believing in me and being a part of my journey.

• Onager
    Onager

I was reading the first post in this thread and then checking the posters name and then reading a bit more and then checking the name again and being very confused as to why the super confident Wake Me Up Before You Joho was writing like that. Then I finally noticed that the OP was nine months ago! Wow, what a difference in less than a year!

Hurrah!!!!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Beautiful update! As one who knows Wakeme personally and considers her to be a close awesome friend, I can attest to the outstanding progress she has made in breaking free of the FOG of the cult!

A truely inspirational person that we love dearly!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Um, why did my comment above get a downvote? I hope that was just an accident?

• never a jw
    never a jw

Stuckinarut2

You are complimenting wakemeup. Don't you know that's consider flirting. Never compliment a woman unless you are ready for a serious commitment (marriage). Watch the bethelites videos!!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Haha ! Lol @never a jw!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

So beautiful....I'm so jealous of you guys who get to meet La Jo-Ho! Wish I lived nearer you guys to offer support in person too.

Diogenesister I've got love in my heart for you all - whether we're divided by an ocean or not. And that includes the f*cker who downvoted @stuckinarut2's comment of support.

Here's a photo of my soul that was taken back when WT had ravaged it. And next to it is a photo that was taken of my soul today:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit