I'm New

by Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho 209 Replies latest members meetups

• tryingnow
    tryingnow

Dear Wake Me Up: well, another suggestion for a read (an ennobling one) - Ralph Waldo Emerson's essay entitled "Self Reliance", written in the year 1841.

Nourishment for the soul...

JAM

• jp1692
    jp1692

Emerson's essay on self-reliance is indeed a good, albeit challenging, read. I know several people that have said it was "life-changing." One was a young man that was raised as a JW. He told me that that particular essay played an important part of his decision to leave the religion.

YMMV

• James Jack
    James Jack

Any follow up from the Elders?

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Yes, @James Jack. The Presiding Overseer asked my mother at a meeting last week if they may meet with me again, this time "like Uncles. We love [I actually typed my name here and had to edit it out. Oopsy]."

I'm sure they love me like the perverted Uncle who pays for lunch then follows me into the ladies room. Long story short: it ain't happening.

My mother just told them that I'm "in distress" at the moment and need some time to myself - hence my absence from meetings. I'm anticipating future attempts to meet again so they can seal the deal (disfellowship me). I will never agree to a meeting with them. They messed me up big time with their angry, raised voices and disregard for my breakdown in front of them. I'm just a small, young woman and they took advantage of that. Maniacs.

Thanks for checking in, @James Jack!!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Sorry to read of the treatment by elders. Lovely to read this last update where you are not giving them any more power over you.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It's still messed up that they approach your mother!

You are not some teenage child living under your parents roof. You are a grown woman in your own right, living in your own place with your own family.

If they want to contact you, they should try doing so personally...(not that they will receive a response I'm sure)

@OnTheWayOut Thanks. Right now, I'm just...

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Haha! @wake!

you can use this line:

"yer, I'm gonna have to go ahead and ask you to mind your own business....that'd be great...."

Or threaten to deal with them like the way the photocopier was taken care of....

@stuckinarut@ I'll just face them in silence and stare at them like this:

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Judicial committe brothers....warming up....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit