I'm New

by Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho 209 Replies latest members meetups

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Hey guys,

I'm fully awake and have been isolated by the manipulative tactics of WT to keep silent and never look outside for support. Of course, there's no support on the inside if you can't even be genuine about your own thoughts.

I'm just dying to find like-minded ones and form a support network of friends. My apostasy trial is this Tuesday and I'm ready to make an exit at last, but just don't have that reassurance that I have any real support or friends once I'm free.

Can anyone reach out to me and give me some advice?

Thank you,

xoxox

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Not too many details to go on here, but you say your apostasy trial is Tuesday, which I guess is your meeting with the Elders, if you're really TOTALLY ready break away from the evil cult, why give them the satisfaction of showing up for the meeting. Of course they will get in touch with you if you don't show up, but just tell them to "F" off and if they try to contact you again you'll have an attorney send them a cease and desist letter.

You mention having no friends after you're totally done with them, well those that are still JWs will drop you like a hot potato, even some family members, so you sound like you know you're going to be DF'd, so whether you show up or not that will probably happen anyway, hope you know some folks at work or some neighbors you can socialize with

• millie210
    millie210

I know it is a lot you have on your plate right now if your meeting is still looming...

To answer your question about being here for you - yes!

Helping others is a fundamental reason this site exists.

Welcome and look forward to future posts.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Welcome. So.....whats the goal on Tuesday? What advise are ypu looming for in particular?

Personally i dont believe in playing the game. Nor being disfellowshipped and lessening my potential impact down the line.

If you are resigned to it however....record it! :)

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome.

Lots of people here with experience of life inside and outside the cult.

Can I ask why you intend to attend their kangaroo court?

• eva luna
    eva luna

Making new friends is important.

Join the YMCA. You wont run into any JWs there. Yah.

I also think it's important to have former JW support , as not many people understand, even therapists.

Stay calm and put some George on. smile!

Like the above comments , you don't have to go. Why put yourself through a stressful situation when you know the outcome?

Take care of you.

• steve2
    steve2

Welcome to the forum. Hope this is an exciting beginning for you. Looks like things are moving pretty swiftly for you - by my reckoning you are meeting with your local elders in a couple of day's time( 13th June?).

I get the impression it isn't just because of "apostasy", right? If I'm wrong in my hunch, I apologise.

Keep posting. Sometimes it becomes clearer over time the kind of support that would work best for you.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Huge welcome!

Wake me up before you jo-ho

Got to be the best EVER username, kid!!!

Check out the holy jwfacts.com of course for info and the busy exJW reddit for lots of laid back support and info on exJW ( soon to be)friends near you!

This site is a gold mine of info and wise old grey beards!

Edited to add: also there's lots of info/support for the many gay exjws if that's an issue.

• tiki
    tiki

Meeting with them is only saying in effect that you accept they have some power over you. They do not. Its not worth the emotional energy. I would say no communication...just let it all go. Transitioning is challenging but we have all done it and are extremely glad we did. Develop a new circle of friends and get alive!!!

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Hello and welcome! Something for everyone here...you name it!

So you´re fully awake? That´s cool. If I may ask...what triggered your awakening? ARC, failed prophecies, certain doctrines? Hope to hear something more in the future. Anyway, good luck with the last hurdle(s).

Have you already checked out this pdf book? I found this link through this forum about a year ago. In case you haven´t read it, (beside well known sites like jwfacts.com) it´s a great read and very comprehensive. A great tool in case someone tries to ''convince'' you that ''deep down you know it´s the truth''.

https://wtsarchive.com/pub/x-ect16-e_ever-changing-teachings-of-jehovah-s-witnesses

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit