I'm New

by Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho 209 Replies latest members meetups

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I tried to post a pic of the 3 guys beating up the photocopier, but it didn't embed...

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@stuckinarut2 LMFAOOOOO! Is this the scene? Can totally see the elders warming up for a judicial committee like:

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

That's it!!

JC chairman holds a baseball bat.... Jc dude two kicks....Jc dude 3 sneers and circles around with a threatening pace...

@stuckinarut2 Just found the Elder's Training Videos. Took a screen grab of the opening credits:

• James Jack
    James Jack

What's crazy is that all Elders have the same training from the Branch(Society), and I remember being told to "Never raise your voice to the Sheep, it's not Christlike", and yet, I have seen Elders lose their cool because a person can not see things as they do. All that training out the door! Some Brothers get Anul if they have no control over you.

• jp1692
    jp1692

James Jack: Some Brothers get Anul if they have no control over you.

Yes James. It is all about control. That's all it's ever been about.

Now you know.

It's frightening and not the first time I've had elders yell at me. Maybe I'm just a sensitive dimwit, but the second an older man's voice begins to thunder like the wrath of God, I tend to fall apart.

• jp1692
    jp1692

No Wake Me Up, you are most definitely not "just a sensitive dimwit."

You were conditioned to respond the way you've responded. That's all part of the Learned Helplessness programming.

It's time to learn new, healthy ways to respond--ways where you hold it together and anyone that tries to control you falls apart!

@jp1692 I sometimes wonder if it's too late in my life to rewire my response pattern to angry elders. So many folks on here seem very flippant towards the elders. Brazen, even. My hat goes off to @Chook for the way he handled a visit from the Circuit Overseer! I want that confidence and even-measured delivery of arguments so badly. Maybe with time and distance from the organization will I break the trance I'm in toward the elders. I just wish I could shatter the illusion of power they hold over me in an instant. I thought I had done so right before my meeting with them a couple of weeks ago. I went in feeling strong. I ran out feeling defeated.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Jo-Ho! I usually am more active on threads like this, but everyone had it handled. Welcome, and thanks for sharing/being active.

So here is my 2 cents. Play the "they were angry and abusive, and made me cry" card for this. They verbally abused you, it is affecting your mental health, etc...

The branch SPECIFICALLY when this happens, has instructed elders to back off......probably because in the past it has led to hurting oneself or suicide.

This is your ticket out of the meeting AND out of being disfellowshipped. You don't want to be DF'd.....it does their job for you, and then you can't be a bad influence to some people. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit