I'm New

by Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho 209 Replies latest members meetups

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Wake Me Up... I just sent you a private message.

This tactic (in the PM) has worked well for tons of exJWs who just wanted to fade. Let us know how this meeting turns out.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

If you are going to the meeting why not bring a letter of disassociation dated the day before and as they pronounce your disfellowship, hand them your letter and say...."You can't disfellowship me, I've already dissociated myself.

Be bold as a lion, realizing that their pharisaic words of rejection mean less than nothing.

I would even add something like, how can you say you know Jehovah, when you reject His Son every 14th of Nissan and exclude yourselves from the New Covenant. But that is just me.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great advice here from people who genuinely care and understand what you are going through.

Just try not to overthink things.

AND, most importantly, get some sleep before this meeting.

Much love!

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Welcome and good luck! You will find new friends, if you try, don't be naive either, some people are still going to show predatory behavior but you're much better off with real friends that care about you without the dependency of participation in their religion.

As far as your JC, I wouldn't attend, you're much better off making a clean break. It also extends the time they need to announce your DFing making it much more possible that you can talk to and perhaps even convince others that may be on the edge.

Unless you have some legal or internal hold on them, they will most likely disfellowship even in your absence but you can troll them much longer if you give them excuses for not attending and keep rescheduling. I kept them busy for about 6 months before I sent them a letter to contact me further through my attorney given the injunction from a family court judge against my ex wife and her family (father in law was also an elder and all but one elder was blood-related ).

They never did end up disfellowshipping me because of the legal threats and also because they announced my appointment to be a MS on the same day I quit going to the KH so they couldn't right away DF me without some kerfuffle, some JW still think I'm simply going to another hall.

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

Welcome! most of us have been there. My advice if you are concerned about a support network is stay active on this forum as we are here to support you! Also, try mingling with local people, co-workers, etc. It will help if you have people to hang with to get your mind off of things. Wish you well!

• Chook
    Chook

You need to never meet with two or more elders, ring secretary of neighboring cong and ask for your publisher card to be forwarded and refuse contact with old cong. This is only a way to slip through the cracks but the problem lies in that your still surrounded by cracks. Elders believe they have a divine mission and your poor soul needs saving, good luck

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Guys, this is it. My meeting is coming up. I feel a mixture of things, but all I can say is that you have ALL been so incredibly helpful and kind to me. jp1692, you really got my head around the victim mentality that the WT has insidiously instilled upon me for all these years. It's time to shake the learned helplessness off. I think I'm ready for this.

I'm typing in a rush so I can refer to you all by username, but the comments you've left me with advice and support have really built me up. I don't know any of you personally, but I can say with sincerity that I have massive respect for you all for just putting your two cents out there for me.

I'm just going to take the Governing Body's approach with rank and file members into this meeting: they clearly don't think we are worthy of the truth. They regard loyal members as deserving of being lied to. Well, sorry elders, but I do NOT believe you are worth of my truth. I'll sell you my lies and wage my own form of theocratic warfare on these duplicitous, conniving, deceptive, cold-hearted droids.

Wish me luck!

Much love to you all. Will talk soon!

xxxx

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Paul Grundy - "...Why did I go to so much trouble and stress instead of just disassociate myself? I strongly disagree with disfellowshipping and wanted to test every means possible to see if the elders can be encouraged to just leave former Jehovah's Witnesses alone..."

I've long suspected - even back when I was still in - that the ones who actually harass XJWs are themselves experiencing agonizing doubt, and are desperate to shore up their convictions.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

If I knew then what I know now, I would have sent a cease and desist letter from a solicitor and just got on with life. the cult and it's leaders are not worth a dog turd.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Please let us all know how things went.

Sincere support exists here in this community.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit