How many years left to Armageddon

by JH 99 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Howdy folks...I think it's time we stopped feeding 'you know who'?

http://www.strike9.com/file.aspx?path=/Rayzorblade/fullsize/troll-lg.jpg

JH, the icons you used in a previous post: were hilarious...where did you get those demons in angelic costumes? They were excellent!

OK, time to stop feeding the troll.

• Sherwood
    Sherwood

seven006, don't make me repeat myself again.

This is your answer AGAIN

Many of your post have a significant flaw. Satan KNOWS Jehovah God's divine plan and promoted false teachings throughout the centuries. Satan knows what the bible says. Satan is a copy cat (brainwashed from previous patterns of behavior?). Satan sealed a pattern of which Jehovah is fully aware. Jehovah deals with satan accordingly. Ezekiel 28:11-19

The truth Jesus gave and the ransom he paid for mankind with his shed blood, countered all of satan's mimicking religious philosophies - including apostate christendom. John 14:30, 16:7-11

Sherwood

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The answer to your question depends upon THIS:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/47036/1.ashx

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

Sherwood; ez 28 does not say what you want , tho you are right satan does know the bible better than anybody. thats why he can lead jw's etc into believing that god is directing them . you said who is promoting false prophecies well it's satan , through groups like the watchtower i count 37 times that the wt prophecies false for armageddom or the rapture ,God can not lie nu 23:19 heb 6:13-18 pro 6;16-19 lev 6;2-7 19;11=12 deut 19;15-21 ps5;6 prov 20;19 col3;9-10 1tim3;11 re1;8 22;15 1jn 4;20-21 ac 5;1-11 2th2;9-12 1 king 22;1-38 mt 10;26 lu 12;2 mic 6;6-8 etc etc etc, now you want to talk about 1914 the THOUSANDS of times the wt as jehovahs channell of communication on earth today the john ,ezekiel, jeremiah ,daniel class etc the fds . has lied till this day that all the wt false prophecies were forfullment of bible prophecy. then you whore the word of john 14 and 16 , when the wt don't even believe that jesus was raised in the flesh,,acts 2;24-52 jn 2;18-22 1 thes 5;23 eph 2;4-5 1 cor15;45 lu 24;39 phil 3;20-21 act 7;55-56 etc etc so you want to bare more false witness about 1914 i saved eph 1;20-21 mt 28;18 etc for that ...........i am waiting for a intellegent back up for 1914 and it better be from old wt's till that time. because the wt today says that what they were teaching back then ... was meat in due season . do you know what meat in due season MEANS???? NOT ONE OF SEVEN of meat in due season that russell , who claimed to be the CHRIST ALONG WITH JESUS. EVER CAME TO PAST IN 1914 , just an other cover up of all the occultic teachings till that time... what was your last post that the wt is trying to get away from russell teachings.. were do you think the todays unfateful slave got 1914 from. it was not even russell ... russell was a apostate from the adventist, and used all their false dates in his books from Miller and barbour. did jesus return in 1872 73 74 75 75 78 81 well that what russell said in the name of god and to think the wt said in 1995 that the studies in the sciptures were FAMOUS... for what false prophecy.... Sherwood you are starting to bore me with your drivel....john

• Sherwood
    Sherwood

Listen people, and understand why I hold to various (not all) teachings of the WTS. I don't believe they were ever in the right to preach speculative dates of predicting Armageddon. As a JW, I made excuses for them with the clichés like, "christians aren't perfect, just forgiven." However, I despised the GB's lack of personal responsibility for altering people's lives when they promoted these dates. I told those in my congregation and everywhere that the GB was responsible for the 1975 debacle, not 'some over zealous ones' throughout the world in the congregations. What bunk those assertions the WTS proclaimed to be!

Proverbs 1:5-7 5 A wise person will listen and take in more instruction, and a man of understanding is the one who acquires skillful direction, 6 to understand a proverb and a puzzling saying, the words of wise persons and their riddles.

7 The fear of Jehovah is the beginning of knowledge. Wisdom and discipline are what mere fools have despised.

I do believe 1914 is a marked year which pronounced the 'time of the end' where Jesus was installed as king of God's Kingdom in heaven, satan was kicked out of heaven and has made great trouble for the earth because this cherub is pissed off at this predicament of being confined to the earth and only have a short period of time before being abyssed. (see Revelation 12:7-12, 20:1-3) This teaching I was taught by the WTS and I am sticking with this teaching because *I* believe it's the truth, not because I 'follow' an organization around blindly. After all, I would be DF'd for believing blood transfusions should be a serious conscious issue and not a mandatory "do what the GB says or be eternally destroyed" dogmatic doctrine. I would be deemed an apostate for believing Jesus died for all sinners, thus Armageddon victims will be resurrection the is "Resurrection of the Unrighteous." Of course, that is what Russell taught, who also would be an apostate if he came back to the earth today. Yet look, I don't believe all the things CTR taught either, nor do I wish to be a member of any of there 'groups.'

1 Thessalonians 5:1-11 5 Now as for the times and the seasons, brothers, YOU need nothing to be written to YOU . 2 For YOU yourselves know quite well that Jehovah’s day is coming exactly as a thief in the night. 3 Whenever it is that they are saying: “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them just as the pang of distress upon a pregnant woman; and they will by no means escape. 4 But YOU , brothers, YOU are not in darkness, so that that day should overtake YOU as it would thieves, 5 for YOU are all sons of light and sons of day. We belong neither to night nor to darkness.

Now, here we have a International Organization called the United Nations whose main theme is to preserve "Peace and Security" to all nations. Are you awake yet? However, this is no excuse for the GB to predict dates for Armageddon. They have sinned and are unrepentant about it. Nevertheless, my job is to press forward and NOT look back. This is what Jehovah is asking of me (see rest of scripture below).

6 So, then, let us not sleep on as the rest do, but let us stay awake and keep our senses. 7 For those who sleep are accustomed to sleep at night, and those who get drunk are usually drunk at night. 8 But as for us who belong to the day, let us keep our senses and have on the breastplate of faith and love and as a helmet the hope of salvation; 9 because God assigned us, not to wrath, but to the acquiring of salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. 10 He died for us, that, whether we stay awake or are asleep, we should live together with him. 11 Therefore keep comforting one another and building one another up, just as YOU are in fact doing.

While I don't hold to any perfect standard of rules and practices, I will strive to carry on the christian course by doing God's Will with these things. Sure, I'm a christian who said F*ck and Sh*t. Go ahead and judge me for my indiscretions, thus imperfections. Just know, that:

Romans 3:4 But let God be found true, though every man be found a liar

Psalm 116:11

I, for my part, said, when I became panicky:
    “Every man is a liar.”

Ecclesiastes 7:29 - 8:1 29 See! This only I have found, that the [true] God made mankind upright, but they themselves have sought out many plans.”

8 Who is there like the wise one? And who is there knowing the interpretation of a thing? The wisdom of a man itself causes his face to shine, and even the sternness of his face is changed [for the better].

Sherwood

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

sherwood said, " I do believe 1914 is a marked year which pronounced the 'time of the end' where Jesus was installed as king of God's Kingdom in heaven, satan was kicked out of heaven and has made great trouble for the earth because this cherub is pissed off at this predicament of being confined to the earth and only have a short period of time before being abyssed. (see Revelation 12:7-12, 20:1-3) This teaching I was taught by the WTS and I am sticking with this teaching because *I* believe it's the truth,"

On what basis do you believe this Sherwood? Do you believe that Armageddon came in 1914, as originally expected, or do you believe something different?

Do you anchor your beliefs in proven defective chronology?

Do you believe simply because some said something happened "invisibly"?

I'd really like to know why you believe this is "the truth."

If you accept 1914, do you reject the earlier dates and expectations of C.T. Russell? Why?

How is 1914 not just another case of chronological speculation like all the others?

Do you believe that the governing body is the "faithful and discrete slave"? If yes, why do you question their accuracy on some issues? If no, why take their word for anything?

• rocky220
    rocky220

The bottom line is:

1] if only God knows the day, the time, etc....What is the point? Live!

2] even if we did know when, are you going to take a spaceship to another planet and wait for the broohahah to be over????? I dont think so!!!!.....so my darlings......LIVE!!!!!!! LOVE!!!!! BE HAPPY!!!

rovky220[from the"sometimes you just got to get down"class] [smiley face]

• Sherwood
    Sherwood

No Nathan, I don't rely on dating schemes. I believe 1914 is a defining moment in history according to the sign Jesus gave and not because of biblical chronology. I believe the Live Forever book's argumentation in Chapter 2 to be valid but Not Chapter 16. WHY, because Jesus didn't say the sign entailed any type of scriptural chronological collaboration.

Sherwood

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

sherwood; about time you tried to give a reasonable answer,,, but you are wrong. first jesus always had kingdom power ..from 33A.D. EPH1; 20-21 MT 28;18 the time of the end started in 33 a.d. heb. 1; 1-5 etc. so you are following the twisted words of a faLSE PROPHET , who changed every thing they said . and all the false dates to 1914. russell was not even using that date till 1872-3-4-5-6 78 and 81 didn't pan out. the wt has been trying to cover up 1914 for the last 89 years by saying jesus came to power at the time....same thing the advents did with 1799 1833,1844-45 ,65 etc and russell was a adventist.. then he did the same bull crap with 1874 78 81 1905-07 1910-12 and the big one 1914. every thing the live forever book says about the pangs of distress from 1914 is a pile of dung.. a little history lesson at the public library and it all falls like a house of cards.. zep 3; 13 . then you quote proverbs 1, that is true a wise man excepts reproof but a fool is happy in his folly. but for the wt to say 1914 this and that . Is not being wise , they act like fools with all then bull they use to try to hold on to a LIE. THEN YOU go to 1 thes 5 but the wt has never followed this inspired advice.. 5:1 "but about times and dates we do not need to write" Well which group has said we are in the time of the end and has put out more dates than there are stars? was this following this inspired teaching? was this being fateful and discreet? i think not. they are still saying the end is any day now. 5;5 you are all sons of the light. who is the light? jesus but the wt teaches that you are not a son of jesus 5;10 you can't live with jesus because you are not a son .. this is what the wt teaches . true christians are all sons of abraham and there is only one hope gal3:28-29 and romans is right let god be true and all men lairs... with a few verses you have just described the false teacher that the wt is... it is a shame you can't see how they contridict themselves and the word of god... the wt is truely from their father SATAN.. by the way satan was thrown out of heaven in the book of genesis. i looked over chap, 2 of the live forever book , noting but scare tactics, and whats that crap that jesus is the angel michael . eccl 12:11 sherwood i think you are learning something here, that there is nothing the wt can give you that jesus can't. your friend john

• seven006
    seven006

Sherwood,

Repeating yourself is the only thing you know how to do. Obviously, the words you continually repeat are as lame and empty as your knowledge of anything. You did not answer my question and from your cut and paste technique of repeating your generic pat answer to everything, it is obvious you didn't even read my post.

You, like all the other brain dead JW's are a total waste of time to try and have any intelligent communication with. You ignore any specific questions and answer all questions with a prerecorded toy doll pull string response. Your lack of any kind of historical knowledge outside the made up bullshit of the watchtower society is blatantly obvious. Quit trying to hold an intelligent conversation with people who know what they are talking about and go turn in your time slip.

As with all JW's you are completely and totally full of it and your ignorance to anything outside of what you are spoon fed by the morons in Brooklyn is repetitious and void of any real substance. Everyone who reads your posts can see it, unfortunately, you are the only one who can't. Give it up, you are only making a bigger ass of yourself.

I'm done playing with you. You loose!

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit