How many years left to Armageddon

by JH 99 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sherwood
    Sherwood

AlanF,
    I never quoted the WT. Lay off "the watchtower" element as if *I* am defending THEM ;-)

Now regarding what *I* said, it's the culmination of Jesus' sign that *I* believe has a distinct mark embedded in history. It doesn't matter HOW the wars, famine, pestilence, earthquakes, increase in SIN culminated since 1914, it's the fact that they are PRONOUNCED clearly to me, a professed christian. I am a professed christian having FAITH that Jesus is alive; he spoke the truth; and his words are presently being fulfilled.

Johnny cip
    You to are under the impression I NEED to defend the WT. I don't.

You've made erroneous arguments such as *I* claimed that the Spanish Influenza was the worst disease in all history. Your retort is full of hyperbole and fallacious argumentation, thus your angle is discounted. Readdress the argument with 'reasonableness' instead of something similar to a child's illogical tantrum.

Peace Out ;-)

Sherwood

Edited by - Sherwood on 15 February 2003 18:40:17

• seven006
    seven006

How else are you going to keep gullible people in line without scaring the shit out of them? Here are just a few prophecies about the end and the Hindu and Buddhist ones were written hundreds of years before the bible version.

My personal prophecy to all of you is this; when you look up and see clouds starting to form you will soon have a wet face. To avoid this catastrophe, go in your house, get out your check book and send all your money to me. If you do, I promise you will not get wet as long as you stay in your house and write me checks. Trust me, I aint lie'n.

You can take the people out of the bullshit but you ca't take the bullshit out of the people.
    -Mickey Mouse

Dave

Hindu: The End of the Kali Age
    From The Sanskrit Puranas by Cornelia Dimmitt

[Apocalypse for the Hindu is the natural ending of the world in the fourth age, the Kali Age. It is one of a series of apocalypses, each of which marks the end of one cycle and the beginning of another creation. The central figure in the story is Vishnu, the preserver God, into whose self the world is absorbed before being born again. Vishnu has already saved humanity on a number of occasions, symbolically appearing as a savior in many different forms. It is said that He will appear again soon, as Kalki, a white horse, destined to destroy the present world and to take humanity to a different, higher plane.]

"All kings occupying the earth in the Kali Age will be wanting in tranquillity, strong in anger, taking pleasure at all times in lying and dishonesty, inflicting death on women, children, and cows, prone to take the paltry possessions of others, with character that is mostly tamas, rising to power and soon falling. They will be short-lived, ambitious, of little virtue, and greedy. People will follow the customs of others and be adulterated with them; peculiar, undisciplined barbarians will be vigorously supported by rulers. Because they go on living with perversion, they will be ruined.

"And Dharma becomes very weak in the Kali age, and people commit sin in mind, speech, and actions... Quarrels, plague, fatal diseases, famines, drought, and calamities appear. Testimonies and proofs have no certainty. There is no criterion left when the Kali age settles down. People become poorer in vigor and luster. They are wicked, full of anger, sinful, false, and avaricious. Bad ambitions, bad education, bad dealings, and bad earnings excite fear. The whole batch becomes greedy and untruthful. Many sudras will become kings, and many heretics will be seen.

"There will arise various sects; sannyasins wearing clothes colored red. Many profess to have supreme knowledge because, thereby, they will easily earn their livelihood. In the Kali age, there will be many false religionists. India will become desolate by repeated calamities, short lives, and various diseases. Everyone will be miserable owing to the dominance of vice and Tamoguna; people will freely commit abortion.

"Earth will be valued only for her mineral treasures. Money alone will confer nobility. Power will be the sole definition of virtue. Pleasure will be the only reason for marriage. Lust will be the only reason for womanhood. Falsehood will win out in disputes. Being dry of water will be the only definition of land. Praise worthiness will be measured by accumulated wealth. Impropriety will be considered good conduct, and only feebleness will be the reason for unemployment. Boldness and arrogance will be equivalent to scholarship. Only those without wealth will show honesty. Just a bath will amount to purification, and charity will be the only virtue. Abduction will be marriage. Simply to be well dressed will signify propriety. And any hard-to-reach water will be deemed a pilgrimage site. The pretense of greatness will be the proof of it, and powerful men with many severe faults will rule over all the classes on earth. Oppressed by their excessively greedy rulers, people will hide in valleys between mountains, where they will gather honey, vegetables, roots, fruits, birds, flowers and so forth. Suffering from cold, wind, heat and rain, they will put on clothes made of tree bark and leaves. And no one will live as long as twenty-three years. Thus in the Kali Age humankind will be utterly destroyed."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Prophecy Concerning Maitreya, The Future Buddha

"Earth will be valued only for her mineral treasures. Money alone will confer nobility. Power will be the sole definition of virtue. Pleasure will be the only reason for marriage. Lust will be the only reason for womanhood. Falsehood will win out in disputes. Being dry of water will be the only definition of land. Praise worthiness will be measured by accumulated wealth. Impropriety will be considered good conduct, and only feebleness will be the reason for unemployment. Boldness and arrogance will be equivalent to scholarship. Only those without wealth will show honesty. Just a bath will amount to purification, and charity will be the only virtue. Abduction will be marriage. Simply to be well dressed will signify propriety. And any hard-to-reach water will be deemed a pilgrimage site. The pretense of greatness will be the proof of it, and powerful men with many severe faults will rule over all the classes on earth. Oppressed by their excessively greedy rulers, people will hide in valleys between mountains, where they will gather honey, vegetables, roots, fruits, birds, flowers and so forth. Suffering from cold, wind, heat and rain, they will put on clothes made of tree bark and leaves. And no one will live as long as twenty-three years. Thus in the Kali Age humankind will be utterly destroyed."

-----------------------------------------------------------

The Final Signs of Qiyaamah (Islam)
    The ground will cave in: one in the east, one in the west, and one in Hejaz, Saudi Arabia.

Fog or smoke will cover the skies for forty days. The nonbelievers will fall unconscious, while Muslims will be ill (develop colds). The skies will then clear up.

A night three nights long will follow the fog. It will occur in the month of Zil-Hajj after Eidul-Adha, and cause much restlessness among the people.

After the night of three nights, the following morning the sun will rise in the west. Peoples repentance will not be accepted after this incident.

One day later, the Beast from the earth will miraculously emerge from Mount Safaa in Makkah, causing a split in the ground. The beast will be able to talk to people and mark the faces of people, making the believers faces glitter, and the nonbelievers faces darkened.

A breeze from the south causes sores in the armpits of Muslims, which they will die of as a result.

The Kaaba will be destroyed by non-Muslim African group. Kufr will be rampant. Haj will be discontinued. The Quran will be lifted from the heart of the people, 30 years after the ruler Muquads death.

The fire will follow people to Syria, after which it will stop.

Some years after the fire, Qiyaamah begins with the Soor (trumpet) being blown. The year is not known to any person. Qiyaamah will come upon the worst of creation.
    Excerpted from The Signs of the Last Days.

• Sherwood
    Sherwood

Readers will note that Sherwood is unable to respond at all, and JH has assumed the classic posture of the Fundamentalist hearing things he cannot refute: fingers in ears and loudly chanting, "La la la la la la la la la la!"
    AlanF

Hey, I broke away from the computer and watched "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" on DVD. AlanF, your presumptuous horns are mentally showing by your little bad boy attitude. In fact, I reserved the right to post any time of day (or day) I wish.

Anyway, being glued to the rants of Agnostic/Atheist telling christians what christianity IS, isn't the most entertaining intellectual exercise available on the internet. I mean, just look above at your retarded response and little bad boy attitude, AlanF

Peace Out ;-)

Sherwood

• JH
    JH

Armageddon will fall on a tuesday(doomsday) this year

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

Sherwood; yes i rant but what i said is a matter of history , you say erronoius agreuments that is bull , i don't care if you attack me. that can't change the fact that EVERYTHING I POSTED IS TRUE... and a thousand pages more. if you knew your world history you wouldn't have made your , fallicies about 1914 statements in the first place... see i've TESTED THE WT TEACHINGS for years, and they are all a pile of SHIT... i've tested them one after another ... i have watched them all go to the garbage dump.. in over 30 years... i have heard all gthe lies of the wt and have broken them down one at a time..... all the jw's i've known in 30 yrs tried tha t same bull wt reasoning that you are trying now...it don't work .. i have made lairs out of elders and p.o. and c.o. etc over years . i treat jw's the way they treated me for years.. but now i know the facts and i did my HOMEWORK... i can no longer be BULLYIED by spritual drundards who don't know their ass from their elbow, it all comes down to facts, and the wt has distorted and bulled the jw's for 120 yrs... and they still do it today calling 1919 the time when jesus choose the wt... well i have never found ONE jw theat has read any wt books from that time ,, to back up that jesus choose the wt in 1919,, so if you can not prove all thing true , like the bible says , then you and 6 million jw's are baring false witness in the name of jehovah... all this wt bull about jesus returning in 1914 is a cover up of even older wt teachings that jesus returned in 1799, 1844-45 1874-78 1881 1905-07 1910-12 and other dates that never panned out... etc. etc etc... you can stand there all day and lie to the world but you can not lie to god.... so go to your public library and look up the first few things i gave you then come back in a few months and tell me i am a illogical..... till then shut your mouth....john

• AlanF
    AlanF

Sherwood said:

: I never quoted the WT. Lay off "the watchtower" element as if *I* am defending THEM ;-)

You wouldn't hold to such erroneous beliefs if the WTS hadn't taught them to you. I mean, 1914? Come on!

: Now regarding what *I* said, it's the culmination of Jesus' sign that *I* believe has a distinct mark embedded in history.

You can believe whatever you like. You can believe in unicorns for all anyone cares. But don't fool youself into believing -- without facts and without being able to dispute the facts I gave you -- in unicorns or Watchtower claims.

: It doesn't matter HOW the wars, famine, pestilence, earthquakes, increase in SIN culminated since 1914, it's the fact that they are PRONOUNCED clearly to me, a professed christian.

Again, the facts are not on your side. You have, in fact, no facts to support your belief.

: I am a professed christian having FAITH that Jesus is alive; he spoke the truth;

Fine. You have the Bible that tells you that. I can't dispute such belief.

: and his words are presently being fulfilled.

You've failed to address a number of facts that I presented. Are you so afraid to challenge your factless faith that you can't even manage a few comments?

Sherwood, you came on this board with your "sword of the spirit" flying in every direction. You've been humbled by facts. You simply can't admit -- you can't even discuss facts -- it because to admit it would be to lose your faith. But if your faith is based on Watchtower fairy tales, it's of no value. Deal with facts for once!

AlanF

• Sherwood
    Sherwood

How else are you going to keep gullible people in line without scaring the shit out of them? Here are just a few prophecies about the end and the Hindu and Buddhist ones were written hundreds of years before the bible version.

My personal prophecy to all of you is this; when you look up and see clouds starting to form you will soon have a wet face. To avoid this catastrophe, go in your house, get out your check book and send all your money to me. If you do, I promise you will not get wet as long as you stay in your house and write me checks. Trust me, I aint lie'n.

You can take the people out of the bullshit but you ca't take the bullshit out of the people.
    -Mickey Mouse
    Dave

First off, did you go by the name Agent Seven or Gary Seven (among other) on usenet?

Also, I've read some of your other vain & over bloated retorts of self-conceit and delved into your own little itsy-bitsy Atheist/Agnostic imagination called, "your mind" and have evaluated the limitations to what it knows.

Many of your post have a significant flaw. Satan KNOWS Jehovah God's divine plan and promoted false teachings throughout the centuries. Satan knows what the bible says. Satan is a copy cat (brainwashed from previous patterns of behavior?). Satan sealed a pattern of which Jehovah is fully aware. Jehovah deals with satan accordingly. Ezekiel 28:11-19

The truth Jesus gave and the ransom he paid for mankind with his shed blood, countered all of satan's mimicking religious philosophies - including apostate christendom. John 14:30, 16:7-11

Sherwood

• AlanF
    AlanF

Sherwood said:

:: Readers will note that Sherwood is unable to respond at all, ...

: Hey, I broke away from the computer and watched "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" on DVD. AlanF, your presumptuous horns are mentally showing by your little bad boy attitude. In fact, I reserved the right to post any time of day (or day) I wish.

Ok, I was wrong and I repent in sackcloth and ashes. But your responses have so far been devoid of content.

: Anyway, being glued to the rants of Agnostic/Atheist telling christians what christianity IS,

Like you, most Christians have much less of an idea what Christianity is than people like me. Their evident hypocrisy and braindeadness proves it.

: isn't the most entertaining intellectual exercise available on the internet. I mean, just look above at your retarded response and little bad boy attitude, AlanF

"Retarded"? What are you, 12 years old, Sherwood? My response was "retarded" to you only because you're so steeped in the Orwellian mind control of the Watchtower that you're bored or repelled by intelligent comments that you have no way of refuting.

AlanF

• Sherwood
    Sherwood

Armageddon will fall on a tuesday(doomsday) this year
    JH

Another apparent Atheist/Agnostic vainly disguised as a christian. A truly satanic practice called hypocrisy.

Sherwood

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    Another apparent Atheist/Agnostic vainly disguised as a christian. A truly satanic practice called hypocrisy.

Sherwood=

Another apparent fundie/bible-thumper vainly disguised as a mainstream christian. A truly satanic practice called bait-and-switch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit