How many years left to Armageddon

by JH 99 Replies latest watchtower bible

• whyhideit
    whyhideit

Armageddon happened in 70 CE or something. Everything sense then is just rehashing an old thought. No fear hear.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I am inclined to accept the evidence that the universe is not a fine running clock like the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation and it's agents taught me. The universe seems to be an explosion in progress and the chances are pretty good that the planet Earth will be involved in a collision that may well end human life.

And:

I am inclined to accept the possibility that some trigger happy leader will start a nuclear war and change a large portion of the environment to an extent that much of the planet can not support human life.

I do not accept as fact the legend that there exists a malevolent or benevolent superhuman controlling force. Nor do I accept the ancient writings of primitive cultures as actual or factual. I do not see any evidence that ghosts or gods exist and I do not see any evidence to support the theory of life after death.

I have long lost the fear of impending doom and I have no fear of ghost stories or the dark or of that which I can not control. I certainly do not fear the reality of death.

To fear an event scheduled by a mythological storybook character seems to me to be an incredible waste of energy at this point. Maybe an objective research on the history of god will diffuse these apocalyptic delusions. For me, it was impossible to fear the Wizard once I had looked behind the curtain. See the movie, The Wizard Of Oz. It's good deprogramming stuff.

Did anyone see the movie, A Ticket To Heaven? gary

The Way I See it http://www.freeminds.org/buss/buss.htm

• Satanus
    Satanus

JH

Even if ww3 or ww4 came, i still wouldn't give any credance to the armageddon claptrap. If jesus in a bright light started orbitting the earth, then we might have something. But it ain't gonna happen. We should free ourselves from from deluded archaic jewish apochalyptacism.

Here is an article wherein bush2, his younger brother and their gang lay out a plan to permanently occupy the middle eastern oil producers. To accomplish their goal, they need to ferment a lot of fear in americans. This is because americans see themselves as good people. So they need a 'good' reason to support their govt.

The blueprint, uncovered by the Sunday Herald, for the creation of a global Pax Americana was drawn up for Dick Cheney (now vice- president), Donald Rumsfeld (defence secretary), Paul Wolfowitz (Rumsfelds deputy), George W Bushs younger brother Jeb and Lewis Libby (Cheneys chief of staff). The document, entitled Rebuilding Americas Defences: Strategies, Forces And Resources For A New Century, was written in September 2000 by the neo-conservative think-tank Project for the New American Century (PNAC).

The plan shows Bushs cabinet intended to take military control of the Gulf region whether or not Saddam Hussein was in power. It says: The United States has for decades sought to play a more permanent role in Gulf regional security. While the unresolved conflict with Iraq provides the immediate justification, the need for a substantial American force presence in the Gulf transcends the issue of the regime of Saddam Hussein.

http://www.currentconcerns.ch/archive/20020508.php

Except for the large peace protests, things are totally controled. Nothing to worry about, once one sees the plan. I doubt the protests will have much affect. Protests have preceded other american wars all the way back to lincoln's war for the union. They were crushed in the wars that followed.

SS

• JH
    JH

Well, I didn't live in previous generations so I can't compare generations. But my only reference is old people who can still relate to their time. I think that this generation is far worse than the previous ones. Sexual sins are abundant. Even the word sin is out of the modern bibles. They use the word transgression to lessen the sin. I have no numbers to prove what i'm saying. I'm just listening to older people around me who lived to see the difference.

I think that the whole planet is in agony. The weather is wacky all around. Many species are dieing. The world is over populated. Lawlessness is increasing fast. People are friends of pleasure rather than of god. So many signs.

• Satanus
    Satanus

JH

Have you ever heard of the wt society? I think you would enjoy their meetings They would be happy to have a new recruit.

Or, you could start learning about history of wars, politics, popular movements, religions etc.

SS

Edited by - saintsatan on 15 February 2003 15:9:40

• AlanF
    AlanF

JH said:

: With all the emphasis put on Armageddon in the org. can we throw away all the signs that Jesus gave, just because we quit being a JW?

Jesus gave no signs. Furthermore, what the WTS claims are signs are, on careful examination, more like anti-signs. Death due to famine, pestilence and earthquakes is down drastically. That's why there's a population explosion.

AlanF

• Sherwood
    Sherwood

Jesus gave no signs. Furthermore, what the WTS claims are signs are, on careful examination, more like anti-signs. Death due to famine, pestilence and earthquakes is down drastically. That's why there's a population explosion.
    AlanF

President Bush "State of the Union Address" this year surprised African Countries when he admonished to give billion+ dollars for AIDS related causes in those countries. One third of people in that continent are infected with the HIV virus. Cancer is still the #1 killer in the world followed by Heart Disease. Looks like pestilence is 'still' part the sign. Who knows how the latest terrorism threats - if carried out - will significantly increase pestilence. As regards WWI, more people died from the Spanish Influenza (reported 20 million) than all those who died in the actual war (reported 9 million).

Famine never got better since the pangs of distress started 1914 according to most UN statistical reports.

On record, earthquakes (including volcanos) in one place after another are still causing 'pangs of distress' upon earth's population like no other time in history.

Wars have increased in frequency, multitude of troops, and destructive intensity since 1914.

Increase in Lawlessness (sin) is arguably at the tempo of the Canaanites before Jehovah came into Judgment with them.

Sherwood

• Satanus
    Satanus

Jesus said that during those times, if people say the christ is there, they should be ignored.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

lol@ sherlock. You have to work pretty hard to be that wrong.

• JH
    JH

SaintSatan

One does not have to be pro JW to see the signs. My parents are catholics, and they see the signs. My sister is of another religion, and she sees the end not far away.

Edited by - jh on 15 February 2003 16:28:15

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit