How many years left to Armageddon

by JH 99 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sherwood
    Sherwood
    The people of Noah's day were not given any signs of impending doom; thus the people to whom Peter was talking could expect to be given no signs. 2 Peter 3:10 makes this perfectly clear: "The day of the Lord will come like a thief." How does a thief in the night come? With signs that announce that he is about to arrive? Of course not. A thief in the night comes without any warning at all. The only "sign" of his arrival is his arrival itself. Everything Jesus said in Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21 tells Christians: "You can't know the time of my coming, so don't even bother trying to figure it out. I'll be there when I arrive. Any of you who start looking for a sign should be avoided by real Christians."

Quoted Titiana.

Matthew 24:3-4 3 While he was sitting upon the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?”

4 And in answer Jesus said to them:

And in answer Jesus GAVE A SIGN not only about when Jerusalem would fall, but also a dual prophecy concerning 'his presence" (not to be mistaken with 'the helper' or holy spirit) and the conclusion of the age or system of things.

Peter 3:3-13 merely mimics Jesus' prophetic teaching of the sign by the 'day to day' attitude manifest among men during the 'time of the end' which in itself encourages people examining Jesus' sign.

Matthew 24:36-42 36 “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 38 For as they were in those days before the flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark; 39 and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 40 Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken along and the other be abandoned; 41 two women will be grinding at the hand mill: one will be taken along and the other be abandoned. 42 Keep on the watch, therefore, because YOU do not know on what day YOUR Lord is coming.

The erroneous explanation that people should not examine the biblical sign for the end times because Peter said it comes as a "thief in the night" is also clearly diffused in the Apostle Paul's God breathed inspired utterances at:

1 Thessalonians 5:1-5 Now as for the times and the seasons, brothers, YOU need nothing to be written to YOU . 2 For YOU yourselves know quite well that Jehovah's day is coming exactly as a thief in the night. 3 Whenever it is that they are saying: "Peace and security!" then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them just as the pang of distress upon a pregnant woman; and they will by no means escape. 4 But YOU , brothers, YOU are not in darkness, so that that day should overtake YOU as it would thieves, 5 for YOU are all sons of light and sons of day. We belong neither to night nor to darkness.

So here we see part of the sign involving a cry of "Peace and Security" being coined with the phrase, "coming ***exactly*** as a thief in the night."

Jerusalem fell and the 1st Century christians 'taking note' of the sign were probably greatly encouraged that Jesus spoke 'the truth' regarding the sign. Many Apostles were executed during the "tribulation in those days."

IN LIGHT OF THE ABOVE ARGUMENT, where did the BSA & WTS go wrong in approaching the subject of Jesus' sign. They kept attempting to predict the 'day and hour' by pinpointing a year using the chronology of the bible. The Apostles and Jesus never did this concerning the day and hour of Armageddon, but gave the exhortations, "it comes as a thief" and "nobody knows the day or hour."

Peace Out ;-)

Sherwood

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Athiest/angnostic,gang banger,clone drone.Sherwood shakes the box and the rabbits run away?..LOL! .....Did your nurse untie the extra long sleeves on your nice white coat so you could type that out?..I`ll bet they make you wear a hockey helmet,when the nice nurse takes you out for your walk...Poverty everywhere and the government furnishs computers to mental patients..Have a nice day nutcase,LOL!...OUTLAW

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Sherwood,

Well, typical Atheist/Agnostic gang banger OUTLAW drone clone, I've haven't seen anybody intelligent enough amongst your fellow hate mongering members to reply adequately to Sherwood.

Charming! Your inadequate repsonses to the issues AlanF raises, which incidentally many of us researched in great depth before turning our backs on the WTS, say a lot about you. The vitriol and aggression you use in attacking others once your views are challenged is typical of a JW firmly backed into a corner.

The first piece of research that you need to do once you have removed your JW blinkers, revolves around this point that you made :

And in answer Jesus GAVE A SIGN not only about when Jerusalem would fall, but also a dual prophecy concerning 'his presence" (not to be mistaken with 'the helper' or holy spirit) and the conclusion of the age or system of things.

I believe that you may be confusing the Greek 'paraclete' with 'parousia'. I would be very interested to see your research on why the 'parousia' is rendered 'presence' ie., a long period of time in your theology, and not used in its true Koine Greek definition to pronounce the arrival of a King or an army.

Sherwood, beware that the trees do not blind you from the Forest.

Best regards - HS

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

People have been preaching about the end of the world since the beginning of time. The JW's are just another religious group that slaps together a few scriptures to predict Armageddon in part as a means of controlling peoples actions. Scriptural "signs" including wars, reports of wars, earthquakes, famine, pestilence. Let's see "wars." Yeah, that's a new one on the world scene. Earthquakes: maybe more reports of earthquakes because we have all these incredible sensors, famine: OMG, that's been around forever, and pestilence? Recall the black plague anyone?

The "signs" will ALWAYS be here in one form or another.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Very well summarized, blacksheep. Perhaps part of our problem is that we do not remember how bad it was a thousand years ago. A thousand years ago, many were convinced that was the time of the end. And they had a lot more evidence than we have today. We have not seen such a terrible horror as the Black Death in the last thousand years, not even close. Now that we have hygiene, antibiotics, vaccines and teflon replacement parts, we life safer, healthier, and longer lives. And that is just the astounding improvements in medical care. How about greater respect for common man through charter of rights and the abolishment of slavery?

With our easier lives, we have a very different idea of what constitutes a disaster. Nowadays people run to their herbalist when they get a hangnail.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

sherwood ; you keep repeating mt 24 and 1 thes 5 . but the problem is you can't understand them.. you are letTing the wt , tell you what they mean, you have proven , that the wt books are your IDOL. and your god lives in colombia heights brooklyn. buy the way i'm not a writer, but my arguement is sound,, but yours is based on your christ on brooklyn. you have not showed me were i'm wrong ONCE, EXCEPT that i'm not a english major.. this is not a english class, i need to pass. this is a TEST on the wt teachings, that the wt has failed for 120+ years . jesus said you can not get good fruit from a tree with rotten roots.. it must be cut down and be thrown in the FIRE!!! I FEEL VERY SORRY FOR YOU...your friend john

• Faraon
    Faraon

Sherwood,

Many of your post have a significant flaw.

Shouldn't it be written posts?

Satan KNOWS Jehovah God's divine plan and promoted false teachings throughout the centuries.

You mean to tell me that besides knowing god’s plan, Satan also knows god’s promoted false teachings through the centuries?

Satan knows what the bible says. Satan is a copy cat (brainwashed from previous patterns of behavior?).

If Satan is a copycat, whom did he copy?

Satan sealed a pattern of which Jehovah is fully aware. Jehovah deals with satan accordingly. Ezekiel 28:11-19

According to this verses Satan was thrown to Earth millenniums before the WT said it did. could the WT be wrong?

The truth Jesus gave and the ransom he paid for mankind with his shed blood,

Couldn’t he just have paid with Visa? Who did he pay the ransom to? Since it was Yahweh, the Jewish main god, who impregnated Mary, Jesus was a demigod. Not a true human.

countered all of satan's mimicking religious philosophies - including apostate christendom. John 14:30, 16:7-11

How could Satan mimic religious philosophies when it was the bible writers themselves who copied its myths from other religions?

Pathetic MORON. If you can't learn how to write, you can't teach by writing. Learn how to capitalize the first word in a sentence. Learn how to use a spell checker. What you've attempted to say is non-sensical because your *character* is arrogantly and purposefully ignorant.

Medice curate ipsum. Doctor, heal yourself.

• Sherwood
    Sherwood

Sherwood,

Satan knows what the bible says. Satan is a copy cat (brainwashed from previous patterns of behavior?).

If Satan is a copycat, whom did he copy?

Sherwood's answer:

Jehovah

Satan sealed a pattern of which Jehovah is fully aware. Jehovah deals with satan accordingly. Ezekiel 28:11-19

According to this verses Satan was thrown to Earth millenniums before the WT said it did. could the WT be wrong?

Sherwood's answer:

Study the bible's timeline. See also JOB Chapter 1 & 2 for contrast with Revelation 12:7-12. One should conclude that satan was allowed to roam the earth, as well as, be present in heaven during this time period. This was no longer the case, once Jesus was installed as King in God's Heavenly Kingdom. Jesus gave a sign so his faithful followers would know when this happened. Arguably, I believe it is 1914.

The truth Jesus gave and the ransom he paid for mankind with his shed blood,

Couldn’t he just have paid with Visa? Who did he pay the ransom to? Since it was Yahweh, the Jewish main god, who impregnated Mary, Jesus was a demigod. Not a true human.

Sherwood's answer:

Says whom? Did you scientifically observe how Jehovah transferred his only-begotten son's life-force to a embryo in a virgin womb? Do you establish whether spirit creatures are mentally, emotionally, bodily and spiritually that much superior in being obedient to Jehovah God's sovereignty and 'Right to Rule.' While you may have research cloning, I don't believe you have any scientific knowledge of how this can be perfectly done. It doesn't means that there isn't a way to perfectly clone another human. It is not science fiction anymore to speculate how Jehovah may have done this task. It is still a miracle, which is a phenomenon that can not be scientifically explained.

countered all of satan's mimicking religious philosophies - including apostate christendom. John 14:30, 16:7-11

How could Satan mimic religious philosophies when it was the bible writers themselves who copied its myths from other religions?

Sherwood's answer:

Look at the Ten Plagues. The Egyptian Priest could COPY the first 6 plagues. The last 4 plagues they could not copy.

Consider the Flood of Noah's Day. Nimrod, building upon the significance of the Tower of Babel, tried to unify mankind so we could all have the same false gods. Jehovah confused their languages and they separated telling different versions of the Global Flood. The unified religious practices also spread with various formulas that were similar. False religious philosophies can only mimic the bible and/or distort its truth by means of artfully contrived stories

Anyway, which one of those ancient religions promoted a monotheistic god?

Deuteronomy 6:4 4 "Listen, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah. . . "

Deuteronomy 6:4 (ftn) Or, "Jehovah is our God, Jehovah is one [or, there is one Jehovah]." Lit.,

Isaiah 42:8 "I am Jehovah. That is my name; and to no one else shall I give my own glory . . . ."

Sherwood

• Gerard
    Gerard

Death of a couple of JW generations waiting for Armageddon:

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

sherwood ' nice try . in your last post. the name jehovah was never used in the bible, try talking to a rabbi. but i know you are a hebrew major, like i'm a english major? so you want to talk about 1914 again but you admitt that satin was thrown out of heaven before jobs' time. but the wt says satin was thrown out of heaven in 1914? let me test your reasoning. is that ok. i'm still waiting for a factual response from you.... if you go by this line of reasoning, the devil was thrown out of heaven after the the blowing of the 7 trumpets of rev 11. but the wt says that the 7 trumpet was blown at the 1928 convention in detroit. revelations book pg. 173 and were the two witnesses russell and rutherford. was the u.s. gov't devoured by the fire in their mouths in 1918or 19 werer they killed at that time. i think not. rev 11 and did the wt rutherford have the power to shut up the sky rev 11:6 and have the power to turn water into blood. was the wt leaders bodies laying dead in the streets, and no one would bury them? rev 11:7-10 then in 3 and a half days god revived them . and god raptured them into heaven with the U>S> gov't looking on? and in 1919 there was a seventh earthquake or was it 1922 , let me see it in any newspaper. were these things happened. who was it who had the press come to watch russell ,on easter sunday in 1881 come to a bridge in pittsburg assend into heaven. it was not me. then you go into jn 14 and 16 again. but you don't seem to get that these verses say that the holy sprit will come to any that ask for it by reading and believing that jesus rose in the flesh from the dead. then you go to ez 28 but you have twisted that before. check your late thread but you forget ez 14: abou the false prophets and ez 16 about the whores working the streets with their prostitution of the kingdom. wow ez 16 is all about the wt. the pimp of false teaching. so sherwood , what are you wearing in the fs tomorrow.. you are a whore for the wt , and the bible says so . but even jesus shed his grace on whores and asked them to sin no more. here's your chance. to stop selling your self for your idol and god in Brooklyn. ez 14 is quite clear what will happen to you if you don't change your ways....your friend john

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit