How many years left to Armageddon

by JH 99 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JH
    JH

With all the emphasis put on Armageddon in the org. can we throw away all the signs that Jesus gave, just because we quit being a JW?

Does Armageddon scare you as much as when you were a JW?

• gumby
    gumby

Which question do you want answered....the thread title, or your last sentence?

• Erich
    Erich

Armageddon is a fact for all people - and it has to have an effect to all people. No matter if you were muslim or buddist or christ or atheist. Whether JW or not JW: That`s no question at all...

E.

• justhuman
    justhuman

Don't care at all

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

JH, personally: I'm not afraid of Armageddon, because I DO NOT believe in it. But I know that those who have recently left a fundamentalist religion, it is still heavy on their minds and hearts. That takes time to be deprogrammed.

Erich (you wrote): Armageddon is a fact for all people - and it has to have an effect to all people. No matter if you were muslim or buddist or christ or atheist. Whether JW or not JW: That`s no question at all...

Effect on all people? yeah...like how it's used as a scare tactic by a 'loving god'. Yeah Armageddon has an effect on ONLY those who believe in it. So it does not affect ALL people.

Free thinkers believe and know otherwise.

Armageddon will be here in 3 seconds.... 3...2....1....Just kidding!

• Realist
    Realist

hmmm something like 4 billion years. than our sun will engulf earth.

or we get hit by an asteroid before we have developed a space defense program.

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

What signs?!?! If you're refering to Mathew, Luke & John, look at the late 1400's - the "signs" were very active then!

Sorry for the sarcasm, but I don't see anything "new" going on... the "increase in wars, lawlessness, earthquakes (oops, forgot this doesn't apply anymore)" are pretty vague and can be used in any era. The late 1800's were full of "signs".

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Right On! Tashawaa

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Only the damed don`t believe in armagedon..Read your Awake April,05 1968 or your Watchtower August,15 1968..WBTS says armagedon will be here by 1975..Thats only 28 years from now,next year will be 29 years..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

JH - just so you know, I once felt your anxiety over "the end".

I grew up believing that I'd never get out of high school before the end. I graduated in 1986. Especially with the middle-east at that time, and the cold-war. Then the events in the early '90's got everyone excited, and many were studying the bible that were once associated with "the truth". Around '94, when I was pioneering, phrases such as "only months left now till the end" were common, but we had the "new light" to correct all our thinking about "this generation". Hmmm, the 80 years had past since 1914. The new generation thinking really got to me, but I hung in there.

Then my research into the UN really got to me. Give me a break. If the society itself really believed in armegeddon, do you think they would have tied themselves to the "wild beast" and started building support for this organization? Funny thing is that now, we don't hear a peep about the UN in the Awake!.

I did my own research into the "last days" and "armegeddon" via the net, and if you do a search on this topic in this forum, you'll get some excellent links.

Now I'm at a place that I enjoy life and all it has to offer. I value my principles, the same way many people do, and love my mom for raising me with morals. Do I fear God, "the end", and death? NO.

Take some time, do the research, and think about what a loving God wants for people. My spiritual beliefs are now based on nature, and science (which I find fascinating) and enjoy the freedom I have to read scientific theories.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit