TV.JW.ORG (September 2015) - Generation explained again

by Designer Stubble 210 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    My personal thoughts on GB Splane's new explanation on the Generation thingee...take your JW broadcast on the Generation and shovel it up your ______!
  • sir82
    sir82

Frederick Franz was baptized in November 1913, but was considered one of the Lord's anointed in 1914? I guess that means that newly baptized ones CAN be of the anointed.

Anyone & everyone baptized prior to 1935 was considered "anointed", unless they later self-identified as belonging of the "great crowd" instead.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly
    Such a tangled web. I have much to say, but won't... not enough time... just wanted to point out that the GB is not including the great tribulation in "all these things", thus, "this generation" ends some time prior to the great tribulation, allowing for some other group of anointed. Biblically speaking, this can't be. The great tribulation is introduced in verse 20, but Jesus said "all these things" later, in verses 33 and 34. Once again, this is the GB saying that Jesus didn't really mean what he said.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    yeah, I can't remember anything about the 1975 fiasco. But I do remember quite vividly what some previous poster said about that May 1984 Awake. Yeah, I remember spring/summer that year quite well with all that hype about all those people from that time never passing away. I remember that May 1984 Awake sitting on coffee tables and kitchen tables and you would catch people looking down at the table with awe!! Here we are, decades on, all those people are gone, they have to come up with new explanation. Like I said before, time is the BORG's worst enemy.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Its' the people who are born after the 1984-1995 period who have no recollection of this generation change, just as the ones' who were born after the 1975-1979 era fiasco, they have no memory of it. Just the shock of that post November 1995 was so hard to grasp. 80 years after 1914 was just too long of time for a generation, they had to do something.
  • Clambake
    Clambake

I like to think of myself as a Christian. Not a very good one but I do try. There are aspects of the faith that I do find a little nutty ( like all the animals in the world getting on a big boat ) and I not going to claim that I have all the answers.

Another crazy thing is there is demon/angel named Satan. Like there is a man in a red suit with horns with a pitchfork trying to make me do bad things.

Sometimes I am ready to totally dismiss it , then something like this comes along where you can see such a blasphemous mockery of god himself and it makes you wonder. Like this is so stupid , there just has to be a supernatural presence behind it.

Just my two cents.

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

I think this video has been pulled.

There is a link on their official tv.jw website, but it dosn't play....

Maybe they had second thoughts already.

• baltar447
    baltar447
    They haven't pulled anything, if you go to the main site it plays just fine.
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Maybe they had second thoughts already.

It seems like they never really thought about it in the first place!

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Millie210 stated: As to why we analyze this...I can see the fun and the challenge but also many of us have people we love inside that burning building called the Org.

I for one am looking for reasoning points here to use. Thank you all for providing them.

I agree and appreciate everyone's input on this subject.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit