TV.JW.ORG (September 2015) - Generation explained again

by Designer Stubble 210 Replies latest watchtower bible

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

avaddohn94's quote of WT, June 1, 1997, QFR:

So the recent information in The Watchtower about “this generation” did not change our understanding of what occurred in 1914. But it did give us a clearer grasp of Jesus’ use of the term “generation,” helping us to see that his usage was no basis for calculating—counting from 1914—how close to the end we are."
    Splane in September broadcast on "This Generation:"

Are you beginning to see how this all connects with the urgency of our times?
    So brothers, we are indeed living deep in the time of the end.
  • stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Lol. I haven't read the whole tread but I did look at the video of the bro "splaning" the new doctrine. I have been out for 2 years now and am no longer used to the pretzel logic of these clowns. You have to be an idiot to buy this doctrine. Unfortunately many of us have ex friends and family lapping this stuff up.

Its like saying (in the voice of Splane) "see this sphere?, It really is a square box. Well how do we know it is a box? To help you idiots out let's look at this whiteboard with a circle and a square on it. Do you see similarities? No, ? Well let's consider it from a biblical point of view. First Jesus says the circle is really a square box. Second we all know that you can put things in a box to store it. Haven't you used a box before? Well this spherical shape can also hold the exact same volume as that square box, thus making it equal in functionality. We can confidently say that this circle can also be called a box because of its similar use." Thanks goes to Jehovah for helping us see the true meaning of the phrase spherical container.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

"Pretzel Logic" - I like that one!!!!

I have one as well, I call it, "Idiotic circular logic."

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I'm starting to think that the GB keeps having to re-explain "the Generation" because not even the R&F are able to grasp it...

...which is, of course, the GB's own damn fault in the first place. :smirk:

• millie210
    millie210

It is my belief that the average "rank and file" wishes they would just drop it.

Just let them shrug it off and pretend its not there.

No thinking person is buying this and it makes people have to struggle with it each time they bring it up again.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ millie210...

The GB are True Believers, and True Believers don't do that.

They double down on flawed (but otherwise favorite) ideas.

It's why they're True believers.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

To me, the Governing Body even discussing different meanings of the word 'generation' is utterly pointless.

The time period that Jesus was referring to, ie his contemporaries, is the only thing that matters..

You can sit and change generation definitions all day, the Bible itself shows that Jesus was talking about his generation. Any reasonable person can see that from reading Matthew, Mark and Luke's accounts.

Here is a brief step-by-step guide:

www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/466140002/matthew-24-this-generation-if-you-jehovahs-witness-that-dares-study-bible-itself

(I'd love it if someone would try this out with a JW. Anyway, hope its of interest to someone)

• hoser
    hoser

I have heard anecdotal evidence that Sanderson started partaking when he was young. I know a guy that knows a guy that knows.

edited to add

my source says mark was about 19 when he started partaking

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Damn.

Ambitious even back then, huh?

Doesn't surprise me.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I have heard anecdotal evidence that Sanderson started partaking when he was young. I know a guy that knows a guy that knows. ... my source says mark was about 19 when he started partaking

Well that settles it! ... lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit