TV.JW.ORG (September 2015) - Generation explained again

by Designer Stubble 210 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Cadellin
    Cadellin
    It's not just stupid--it's depressingly stupid. At one point, long ago when I was active, I could take a certain pride in the (quasi) logic of our theology, believing that it was at least somewhat defensible from the Bible. This new nonsense isn't even close.
  • adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

Could you imagine trying to explain this to a non-jw at a door.

I would be so embarrassed trying to unravel this non-sense. Does it make sense that God requires you to have a flow chart to grasp a teaching?

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    IF he claimed to be anointed before Franz died, THEN you would be right.
    Do you know this for a certainty?
    In the '80s and '90s it would have been very unusual for a 20-something punkass JW to claim to be anointed.
    It is possible, just extremely unlikely. As far as I can tell, the GB is not providing any details one way or the other. They don't really like to give anything that resembles evidence, do they?
    By the way, let's get one thing straight: NO ONE IS ANOINTED BY HOLY SPIRIT. That notion is a myth.

Indeed I concur...I'm just highlighting the current GB can in fact extend when the Big A comes for another 30 years if they wanted to.

Valid point, why are we trying to understand a cult that is trying to justify itself with batshit crazy logic...

• pixel
    pixel
    This is a fu#$% up religion. I really, really need to get my family out of this mess.
  • OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

Many, many of them will just lap up and swallow whatever the GB tells them

Reminds me a little of what someone once said many years ago as written in the bible at Matt. 23: 23-24

• St George of England
    St George of England

At about the 12 minute point Splane states categorically that all the members of the current Governing Body are in the second group. That includes Sanderson who some are here questioning.

George

• Splash
    Splash

I wonder if they would look down on a non-generation anointed, much like a third generation witness might look down on a first generation witness.

It's all about heirarchy.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Could you imagine trying to explain this to a non-jw at a door.

The GB 2.0 need to do better when they make up excuses for why the Big A hasn't happened yet.

EXCUSES: IT'S NOT MY FAULT

Edited: Jake ain't got nothing on the GB. They are masters!

Doc

• millie210
    millie210

So in reading along, I think I have one point clarified?

Sanderson is part of the overlap?

As to why we analyze this...I can see the fun and the challenge but also many of us have people we love inside that burning building called the Org.

I for one am looking for reasoning points here to use. Thank you all for providing them.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

flipper - "I swear I'm getting tempted real soon to start a thread on WT Society fake definitions of words compared to REAL definitions of words."

I don't think there's enough server space. :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit