Largest amount of refugees since WW2 in Europe

by Powermetal4ever 179 Replies latest jw friends

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

powermetal remind your mum, as Lieu has suggested of the cyclical character of the world and this may lead to an interesting discussion about end times that she may enjoy - or not

civilisations have been coming and going for centuries. Take the regions from which may refugees are coming today - Africa and Mesopotamia. Before climate change brought their end (among other things) they were amongst our first examples of civilized living and people flocked there for trade and jobs. Now the situation seems to be reversed. Surely when those people were confronted by natural disasters and civil upheaval they thought the end was coming and then lo - it came.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/b00qb5xv

• kaik
    kaik

"hopefully the blame will be charged to the blind, near-sighted lefty bleeding-hearts that allowed this violation of national, natural borders."

This is correct. I do not have problem with a legal immigration conducted by standard set of laws and regulation. However, what is happening is total violation of immigration laws by this refugee exodus who disregard national sovereignty and want to settle in countries where the welfare benefits are the highest.

The Dublin 3 Treaty was clear on handling refugees and granting asylum for people in distress. Refugees that are rioting in Greece, Hungary, Czech Republic and demand higher allowances are nothing more than hostile invasion. These people think that it is Hungarian government responsibility to drop them at Austrian borders without even paying transportation ticket. For past several days Hungarian railways are paralyzed, trains leaving Budapest are delayed by hours. I was watching Hungarian news and nothing good nor benefit will come from these hordes for EU. Leftist governments are refusing to address the issue and they are refusing to communicate with the local population that bears the cost with this exodus.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    I don't pretend to have the answers but some fresh ideas are needed. As I mentioned on another post perhaps they could train 100,000 refugee men in the military and send them back to fight ISIS. When the dust settles their families can return.
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

Kaik:Refugees that are rioting in Greece, Hungary, Czech Republic and demand higher allowances are nothing more than hostile invasion

I agree that many of them are as evidenced by the television scenes I saw today. Many of the "refugees" were violently demonstrating they did not appear to be the humble refuge seekers that they want us to think they are.

I appreciate hearing from you as you are close to the events happening and it's nice to have your perspective.

• kaik
    kaik

Truthseeker, these refugees came to EU to milk welfare benefits and free ride, and significant majority of them will never, never work. They want to go to the richest country that provides the highest allowance and benefits, and they are not happy to stay in middle income, but safe countries. In the Czech Republic, refugees destroyed the centers twice and threatened it to set it on fire, demanded more allowances, mobile phones, better cloths, and immediate free transfer to German borders. Similar riot happened in Slovakia, and currently Hungary. Czech Republic had already accepted 60,000 refugees from war-torn Ukraine since spring 2014, and they do not cause any problem. However, this horde is a clearly threat to national security and welfare of the European community.

Problem has increased when Germany started to invite them, but wants rest of Europe to share the cost. Merkel is bullying UK, Czech, Republic, and Poland; but Germany cannot boss anyone on countries how to run their immigration policy. German is overstepping authority or treaties defined by EU. Neither country is using Euro, and Germany cannot boss them around. Refugees are spilling from Hungary (currently at the rate 200 per day) and this will destabilize any country.

The refugee crisis should had been stopped outside EU borders and with expelling Greece from Schengen. Only 40% of the refugees are Syrians. While certain groups certainly deserve asylum and protections, all immigration needs to be done legal way by securing proper immigration documents and permit. Every country has the right to choose and reject who can settle in their country. USA would not tolerate it either. Wealthy ME countries could definitely share the burden with the refugees as well.

• prologos
    prologos

kalk USA would not tolerate it either. Wealthy ME countries could definitely share the burden with the refugees as well.

really, in the US, the same has been tolerated on the southern border, millions have crossed illegally, without visa and permission. ( Try to immigrate on your national quota alone, a decade long wait} Trump and Co trying to point that out and

look at the creeping moving of border posts by Putin in Georgia, eastern Ukraine the Crimean crime, China's impounding part of the Pacific through artificial islands.

Does it not make you glad that in the 1000 year 'Wt Reich' to come, there will be binding territory assignments?ha.

Added: The picture of the boy's body on the beach brings tears to our eyes, but let us not forget that the family was already safe from the bombing and the gassing ( assuming he comes from a war zone). , but no, the family had to push on to the mor plush north of the infidels.

• Munster Abu
    Munster Abu

these refugees are the new untermensch by how they are treated imo.

They are even being referred to in the press as migrants rather than refugees. It's disgusting the propaganda that the press are spewing out for the EU governments.

Here in Ireland it usually takes 6/7/8 years to process a refugee application? Some kids in our refugee centres have never experienced a home.

That poor little kid, as someone elsewhere said:

"It's the clothes that got me. Somebody loved him enough to dress him, to tell him to get on a boat and come with them because it would all be alright. Somebody probably sang him a song to comfort him.

I don't care who caused it. I don't care whether we're all racists. I'm guilty as some might charge of it taking this picture to bring the issue to the forefront of my consciousness. Now, all I want to know is what I can do to tangibly help?"

RIP Aylan Kurdi

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

They are even being referred to in the press as migrants rather than refugees - what's wrong with using the term 'migrants'? It's descriptive, i.e. people migrating from one country to another are migrants. Some are refugees, but not all.

As I said previously, most refugees from Syria are Arabic-speaking Muslims.

Saudi Arabia is a huge place, with low population density (unlike UK) and lots of money from oil sales. These refugees/migrants/whichever term is politically correct this month would doubtless integrate better in Saudi Arabia (or in Iran if they're Shia) than in Europe.

Somebody loved him enough to dress him, to tell him to get on a boat - you honestly think telling him to get on a leaky old boat was an act of love? Were not the little boy and the rest of his family safe in Turkey?

what I can do to tangibly help? - we can choose to deal with the problem at source by giving overseas aid to ensure refugee camps are in better condition, plus leaning on Iran and Saudi to start helping. So far they've done jack sh1t to help their so-called 'Muslim brothers'.

Alternatively, if you've got a spare room ...

To use an admittedly tragic photo of a drowned Syrian baby puts emotions before thinking ability/common sense/practicality.

• Munster Abu
    Munster Abu
    what's wrong with using the term 'migrants'? It's descriptive, i.e. people migrating from one country to another are migrants. Some are refugees, but not all.

Migrants has come to describe those who leave a country voluntarily to say look for work or because they fell in love.

Refugee's are people displaced and fleeing war as these people from Syria and Eritrea are.

we can choose to deal with the problem at source by giving overseas aid to ensure refugee camps are in better condition, plus leaning on Iran and Saudi to start helping. So far they've done jack sh1t to help their so-called 'Muslim brothers'.

Just because others abdicate their responsibilities to help other human beings doesn't excuse us from helping either. I don't give jack s**t what Saudi or Iran do but I care about what my government are doing or not doing and so I mailed every politician in Dáil Éireann today including TD's and Senators. I also mailed all Irish MEP's. I am also actively online with others looking at whether it is feasible to set up something like in Iceland where we open our homes and provide some assistance for fellow human beings. I'm not going to sit on my arse and say it's terrible and someone should sort it. I will not be quiet anymore.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I will not be quiet anymore - and I will not let people like you dictate to me what terms are acceptable and unacceptable.

Migrants has come to describe those who leave a country voluntarily to say look for work or because they fell in love - but this accurately describes some of the people flocking to our shores (although probably not those from Syria).

Refugee's are people displaced and fleeing war as these people from Syria and Eritrea are - this does indeed describe some of the people - especially those fleeing ISIS.

I don't give jack s**t what Saudi or Iran do - why are these countries allowed off the hook but not Europe? And why don't you care that these countries are doing nothing?

I'm not going to sit on my arse and say it's terrible and someone should sort it - knock yourself out. I just hope you don't offer a room to a terrorist.

The Prime Ministers/Presidents of Western European countries are elected to serve the citizens of those countries. These citizens pay their wages. I suspect that the majority of the UK population don't want to take more refugees/migrants. Still, why let democracy get in the way, eh?

You can carry the white man's burden if you wish - I won't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit