France is a "Pain in the Ass"

by JH 131 Replies latest jw friends

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

"We must make clear to the Germans that the wrong for which their fallen leaders are on trial is not that they lost the war, but that they started it. And we must not allow ourselves to be drawn into a trial of the causes of the war, for our position is that no grievances or policies will justify resort to aggressive war. It is utterly renounced and condemned as an instrument of policy."

Supreme Court Justice Robert L. Jackson, Chief US Prosecutor at the Nuremberg Tribunal August 12, 1945

all talk.....france were like this before the last gulf war, then turned up to fight alongside the US and british. who gives a stuff what the french say or do.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    France has plenty of direct experience with terrorism. I am grateful that at least some countries around the world see through the pretext that Bush is eager to go to war to divert attention from his dismal performance on the home front (i.e. economy, joblessness, etc.). Furthermore, the inspection team needs to be allowed adequate time to do their job, and we need to at least allow Saddam the opportunity to go into exile as the Arabs are trying to pursuade him.

Here's the deal. These are the facts. The UN resolution calls for Iraq to FULLY DISCLOSE it's WMD and it's weapons programs or suffer serious consequences. They have failed to do so. Even Hans "Inspector Cleusua" Blix says they have not disclosed, that there are major holes in their declaration.

The job of the inspectors is NOT to hunt out Saddam's WMD, it is to verify that he has fulfilled his obligations under the UN Resolution. How long does it take for them to say, NO, he's not complied. He's lied, not disclosed his WMD programs, hidden weapons, hiddern research. He is in material breach.

The only reason Saddam has went as far as he has so far is because of the large forces massing on his border. He will not fulfill his obligations and in fact has already breached the agreement. What France and Germany are doing is shirking thier obligation to the world community. They keep taking the bar for Saddam lower and lower. They have financial dealings with Iraq that they are afraid will go unfulfilled if Saddam is taken out.

The entire United Nations has become nothing but a joke. This "world body" has recently elected Libya as the head of the UN Human Rights Commission. That is like putting Al Capone in charge of the enforcement of prohibition. This "august" body has made over 200 resolutions condemning Israel, yet not one against Arab nations that have attacked Israel, nor against the Palestinians who use Terror as a weapon.

I think it's time the United States save a few billion dollars a year and withdraw from that USELESS and CORRUPT organization that has went the way of the League of Nations.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

J'aime bien la France!

• SYN
    SYN
    That is like putting Al Capone in charge of the enforcement of prohibition.

Now THAT was the funniest quote in this whole thread!

• troucul
    troucul

hey e'man, isn't that what frogs call people from england?.....rosbif?

hahahahaaaaaaaaaaa

sorry to change the subject

• Realist
    Realist

this is getting funnier and funnier.... who says that the world has to follow BUSH's criminal interests?

if bush wants the iraqi oil than he has to do it alone! leave the rest of the world out of this!

by the way....it is as ligitimate of the french to act in their interest as it is for bush and his criminal clique!

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

UN-Realist,

Bush Criminal? Make the charges! What are they?

Seems you totally ignore that Saddam IS a criminal.

Personally, I don't count on the French for anything other than Champagne. They are either our worst ally or our most cordial enemy. I think the latter. Let the French say what they will, I still favor withdrawing from the United Nations.

• Realist
    Realist

Yeru,

sorry but i call everyone who starts a war (that will kill thousands of people) for nothing but the oil and weapons industry a criminal.

about the UN:

may i remind you that it was the US who founded the UN? and that the US did its best to keep it under its control? in your opinion what is the point of the UN if its existence is threatened by the US in the moment it doesn't comply with US agendas?

about israel....well maybe the UN votes against israel (with no consequences by the way...where is the embargo against israel?) because israel doesn't act like a civilized country?

• email
    email

Saddam IS a criminal

Amen Yeru... and to your previous thread.

Bush haters will never get it... and it's almost impossible to reason with them... It's a waste of time...

I want to see their reactions next moday when the inspectors give their final review on the matter.

Thank GOD Al Gore is not the president right now... he would've been telling Osama that he's sorry about the whole 9/11 situation... The head of Osama was offered MANY times during the previous administration... and NOTHING was done... so now it's time that someone does something about terrorism and nations that support it.

• Realist
    Realist
    so now it's time that someone does something about terrorism and nations that support it

great! so leave iraq alone sine iraq has nothing to do with terrorism!

are you sure you really get whats going on email?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit