France is a "Pain in the Ass"

by JH 131 Replies latest jw friends

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Wow I had no idea that having a differing opinion and view of foriegn policy was enough to get labeled a "pain in the ass"

Is this anything like people who oppose the WBTS and are labeled apostate pain in the asses?

Nice to see we have so many here that are so "open" and "considerate" of differing opinions.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Tony Blair?

I thought he was pretty cool till he said "this isn't about oil" Then he goes on to call Putin and 95% of the worlds leaders "conspiracy theorists" for having the cheek to mention the obvious. Is he catching the bush disease or what? or is he just preaching to the 'black masses' (a gulible uneducated populase)

unclebruce .. not against war, (gimme ya oil ya low-life ragheads!) .. just sickened by high deception, media manipulation and spin doctoring dishonesty

Edited by - unclebruce on 21 January 2003 20:25:32

• JH
    JH

Englishman,

Mange toute!
    I guess the next words would have been.....
    De la marde
  • Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl
    France has plenty of direct experience with terrorism.

Very true. I live in France. Perhaps you should tone down your comments. I find it quite strange that people pass judgments and make bold statements when they don't have any real firsthand knowledge of the situation. France is opposed to war in Iraq, just like the majority of people in the UK. Since when does a differing opinion mean that someone is a pain in the ass? Try learning a little tolerance. Or better yet, listen to Joanna's comment up there.

• JH
    JH

France is and since a long time a pain in the ass

It's a fact, that they never cooperate with their allies

Kind of independent thinking( a la francaise)

The, we are better and know better attitude. It is not to France's national interest to see the US and Britain in Iraq near the oil.

Get the Picture...

France is afraid of the Arab reaction to this also.

Bush and his administration knows the dangers of Saddam, and American, British men and woman will do the job once more, while the rest of the world makes a judgement.

Iraq is a big enough country to hide any WMD, so the inspectors alone can't do the job.

Anyways, it is better to act now, before they become a North Korea.

Vive la France

Edited by - jh on 22 January 2003 7:38:12

• Celia
    Celia

What is so great about this war in Iraq ? thousands of young americans may die, Iraqi people who suffer already so much under Saddam's rule will suffer even more, thousands and thousands of women and children will be killed and crippled. Countries close to Iraq may well be afraid Saddam will retaliate with an atom bomb. the US will not suffer from that at all, Europe may well.

I don't get it. Up to now, Iraq seems to have let the inspectors do their job, and they haven't found anything. What's the rush ? Why is it ok to bomb Iraq and not N.Korea who seems much more dangerous ? Why doesn't the US do something about Israel and Palestine ? It's been going on forever. Have you seen the report yesterday of these Israeli bulldozers destroying dozens of palestinian houses and shops, leaving so many people without any mean to work and earn money... Israel is a big terrorist-bully, but we don't go after them... Why ?

In one french protest march someone was holding a sign saying : Halte la Busherie.... what's the matter with Bush ? What does Iraq have to do with terrorism and September 11? Where is Bin Laden ? That's the one we should be after. Suddenly Bush has changed the focus from BinLaden to Saddam Hussein... Why ? If he's as successful with Saddam as he's been with BinLaden, who is he then going after ? Trigger happy Texan, what do you expect ! Spoiled rotten rich brat, can't stand the guy...

Edited by - Celia on 22 January 2003 14:33:22

• Dia
    Dia

I love France.

• Englishman
    Englishman

..and don't mention beef!

Je voudrais la boeuf Anglais!

Englishman.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Well, I don't know what the Opinion Polls in the US are, but across most of Europe, including France, the general consensus regarding war is "Non".

Shock horror! France is actually representing the wishes of its populace in a democratic fashion!

And if you want to kick France, then Germany ALSO opposes war. Why? 'Cause they know better. The UK Prime Minister unfortunately has his face stuck so deep in George Jnrs ass crack, that we're not sure what he is saying. It sounds like "Mmph mmphm mmphm", but we can't be sure.

Of course, Sadman Insane is dangerous, but two wrongs don't make a right. The US love International Law when it protects their interests, but if it stops them doing what they want, they don't give a rats arse. And are you seriously telling me that people don't think that the oil and the instability of strategic partners in the area have just as much to do with the War as any weapons of mass destruction.

Mark you, I can understand Bushy getting impatient. Short attention span for one thing... and for another, they KNOW they are holding stuff back, because they KNOW what they sold 'em...

"Damn E-raquis, we sold them 6000 liters of Kill-U-Like in '89, and they say they don't have any left!"

• Matty
    Matty

Chirac said France and Germany based their Iraq policy on two fundamental ideas.

"The first is that any decision belongs to the United Nations Security Council and to it alone, speaking after having heard the report of the arms inspectors, in conformity with the resolutions it has adopted," he said.

"For us, the second idea is that war is always an admission of failure and the worst of all solutions. Everything should be done to avoid it."

That sounds perfectly good to me.

Vive la France!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit