UN FINDS WMD...OK saddam lovers, what now?

by dolphman 280 Replies latest social current

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

what now? WAR! what do you think? you dont think all those military units have gone out there for a birthday bash do you? the military build up was happening before the end of summer last year. the weapons inspections are a complete sham. in the next few weeks they'll find something, so that the pre-planned war games can begin. and i'm sure all the politicians who want war will be leading from the front

then it'll be a case of 'who's next?' i dont think iran will have much time left after this farce.

"are you willing to kill others for what you believe in?"

• Realist
    Realist

crazy,

When was the last time the U.S. killed 300,000 of its own people??? Have we invaded Mexico or Canada lately???

Obviously if Saddam doesnt use WMD against us we are not going to use them against him. So the answer to your "how many people blah blah blah" is 0. Unless your good buddy Saddam desides that he is going out in a blaze of glory.

In response to How many WMD do we have well we have at least 10,000 Nukes, plus over 200,000 chemical weapons in the form of bombs+artillery shells. But I think you forget that the Soviets also have MORE nukes and MORE chemical weapons. China has them 2. The reason we have these weapons is of course the COLD WAR where we thought we were going to battle the Soviets for the World. Why does Saddam need them??? Are any of his neighbors threating him???? Saddam does not have, nor has he ever had a legitimate reason for these weapons.

hussein didn't kill people out of the blue ....he killed people fighting against him who new the risk they were taking!

you think hussein would use WMD against the US if not being attacked by the US???? very unrealistic idea.

what exactly is a legitimate reason to have these weapons? interesting that self defense is ligitimate for the US but not for iraq.

Pleasure,

the war is already planned. no matter what iraq does the US will attack. just look how desperately they search for a reason to justify it.

Edited by - realist on 16 January 2003 15:0:28

• dolphman
    dolphman

My last conviction was 10 years ago. On my 17th birthday. It was felony burglary. Also a felony Malicious Mischief. I've had it expunged from my record. So yes, I can vote. I can join the military.

Now robyn, I want you to read Gerard's previous post. Now that 's a person who knows how to make sense...

--Rich

• heathen
    heathen

Uh Uh I know I know . It was fuhrman planting the bloody glove again .

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Yes - I heard on the Rush Limbaugh show at lunch that Ms. Candida Yeast Infection has already told the Inspectors not to bother with their report for March. There was never a question of whether or not our Cowboy President was gonna go running in to finish what his daddy started - & drag Great Britian right in with us unless Tony Blair actually gets some balls & stands up to the jerk.

The whole problem with this is the fact that we are making ourselves out to be what every country in this world is beginning to believe of us - just a bunch of stuck-up self-righteous immoral people that think we have the right to rule the entire world - regardless of what the UN or anyone else believes. And our continued SUPPORT of Isreal is another indication that we don't give a rat's patuty what the UN or the world believes about how things should be handled......I have never said that a war w/Iraq shouldn't eventually happen - but I STRONGLY believe that the UN should be the one making this decision. Already the UN is getting tired of the pressure WE are putting on THEIR inspectors.

We are arrogant & complete bullys in this particular situation. Why have a UN if the US is really the one that rules the world?

• Simon
    Simon

The US is doing with Saudi Arabia and Iraq what it did 20 years ago with Iraq and Iran.

It has learnt nothing from it's past foreign policy failures (and what failures! ... this whole mess is over the dictator that the USA kept in power!). While it continues to learn nothing it will continue to repeat the same mistakes.

In 20 years time, I fear we will be discussing whether the pending war with Saudi Arabia is right or wrong and why, oh, why did we give them all those weapons?!

If the notion of Iraq owning chemical weapons is so bad, then I'd be interested to see the people who sold them to them bought to account and imprisoned for it ... now, which president would that be?

BTW: I knew it wasn't Mao but I didn't know the new guys name

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Hussein killed anyone that oppossed him whether violently or not. Those Kurdish women and children were not taking up arms against Saddam. Iraq is not a democracy, it's a military dictaroship. Realist, from the reasoning you give above it would be alright to kill anyone who oppossed our point of view, they knew the risks.

hussein didn't kill people out of the blue ....he killed people fighting against him who new the risk they were taking!

Applying your own phrase another way, we won't be attacking Saddam out of the blue, he made an agreement at the end of the Gulf war that he's not keeping, HE KNEW THE RISK HE WAS TAKING.

what exactly is a legitimate reason to have these weapons? interesting that self defense is ligitimate for the US but not for iraq.

It's been a long time since the US has been guilty of a war solely to capture land, in fact, I think the Mexican American war was the last time.
  • Englishman
    Englishman

Let's just clarify this: All bacteriological warheads are empty until just prior to being used, is that what we're saying here? If they were filled, they would quickly deteriorate? So the fact that they were empty does not lessen the potential in any way?

Englishman.

• dolphman
    dolphman
    Hmmn ... I remember some similar reason for fighting in Vietnam: something about "the whole area could turn communist". Of course this justified backing the wrong, evil regime for that too.

Ok simon, ask the Vietnamese immigrants in America what drove them to take dangle from helicopters during the fall of Saigon or spend 6 months in shark infested waters to get to America. Was it to escape a "wrong, evil regime" or to escape the damn communists?

Hmmm...I'm not sure what other solution would have worked. After all, if we were to just go into Vietnam and set up a real democracy, then of course we would be considered imperialist. Isn't that the flip side to the argument. That we're always trying to be imperialist, even when we're getting shot at for delivering rice to hungry Somalis?

Hmmm...So do you have a better idea? If so please tell. I'd like to know how you would've stopped the Iranians from gobbling up the middle east during the height of the fundamentalist fevor.

I wouldn't write a book about it though. We all know what happend to Salmon Rushdie when he writes a book.

• Simon
    Simon

pettygrudger: exactly. The USA is a great country but it lets itself down sometimes with some of it's policies and lays itself open for redicule (at best) and resentment (at worst).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit