UN FINDS WMD...OK saddam lovers, what now?

by dolphman 280 Replies latest social current

• dubla
    dubla

all of you continue to fail to give a logical reason why hussein should attack anyone! WHERE IS THE LOGIC ???

i keep wondering why a known madman has to have logic behind his actions....hmmm.....

aa

• dubla
    dubla

realist-

nice try....im fully aware of the history behind the region, and iraqs place in it all......that doesnt change the fact that saddam has a hatred for americans, and just like bin laden, would love to see us all wiped out. there was a survey taken in kuwait, and 70% of those polled felt that the united states deserved 9/11, and then some. i wonder what the ratio would be with saddams people?

aa

Edited by - dubla on 17 January 2003 12:54:43

• wasasister
    wasasister

Dubla:

Thanks for your rational response. (Yes, that was meant to be sarcastic. Why can't we have this discussion without getting nasty?)

I get this "crap", as you so elloquently put it, from Ashi:

I am not a fan of Bush, but something needs to be done with this miscreant, and then we can move on to the next rouge nation...

No, Saddam's way is not "good". But there are many other "bad" states out there and who gets to decide which can stay and which has to go? Where does the USA get off deciding which nation is "rouge"??

For starters, N. Korea...also starves and tortures their own people and FOR SURE has WMD. The leaders of that "rouge" nations have been giving us the Raspberry for months now.

China? Pakistan? Israel? Argentina?

You keep implying that anyone who is cautious about a war with Iraq loves Saddam or what he stands for. That is entirely untrue and a diversion from the real topic.

Try to keep a civil discussion going and I think we might both learn from each other.

• Robdar
    Robdar

well, when youre a maniacal dictator who tortures anyone that opposes you, including your own flesh and blood...i suppose there would be a need for protection.......but i hardly think that wmd were only intended for self defense, and again, anyone buying into this type of logic....can i use the word naive again?

Are you saying that the USA who has more WMD than any other country is a maniacal dictator? By your own words you judge this country. Also, by your logic, you are implying that I do not have a right to arm myself. Do you have any suggestions what I can do with my .38? (be nice now with those suggestions )

Robyn

Edited by - robdar on 17 January 2003 12:56:59

• dubla
    dubla

You keep implying that anyone who is cautious about a war with Iraq loves Saddam or what he stands for.

i havent tried to imply that.....i was merely responding to your suggestion that the only motivation for ousting saddam is that "his way is bad" and "our way is good", which i think is ridiculous.

aa

• dubla
    dubla

rod-

Are you saying that the USA who has more WMD than any other country is a maniacal dictator?

um, no, where did you get that idea? i wasnt saying saddam was a manical dictator because he has wmd, i was saying he is a manical dictator because he gasses his own people and tortures anyone who opposes him, including his family. then i sarcastically implied that if i was doing these types of things, id probably want some self defense too. hopefully this explanation helps.

By your own words you judge this country.

how so?

Also, by your logic, you are implying that I do not have a right to arm myself.

why, are you saying that you are an insane lunatic? if so, then no, i dont believe you should have the right to arm yourself with chemical weapons, nukes, etc.

aa

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

People hate the westernized nations, and wouldn't care if our babies were spitted on pikes, or blown up in Starbucks....coming soon to a town near you .

We live in hell right now. Nation's like Saddams don't care if every non-muslim dies...hell, they don't care if their own countrymen die. Saddam is cruel and unusual, and this necessitates his destruction.

ash

• dubla
    dubla

ashi-

well put.

aa

• Realist
    Realist

dubla,

so your only argument is that hussein is a mad man who hates the US in such irrational way that he would sacrifice his life for taking out one US target?

what is the evidence you have for that? this is a completely unfounded and rediculous idea.

he never did anything unrational....he is in charge since a quater of a century!

ash,

with all due respect...how can you blame iraqies for their hate against the US?

are you aware what the attidue of americans are against their enemies? from idians over japanese to vietnamese etc.?

you don't realize that you fall for very primitive propagana...

Edited by - realist on 17 January 2003 13:10:8

• wasasister
    wasasister

Thanks, dubla, that's much better.

Again, I'll quote from Ashitaka, whom you seem to agree with....

Bullies are people who hurt others because they like it. The US enforces global policy, UN policy, because of economic reasons, but maybe some good people who are hurting under the current establishment can be freed and hopefully live a good life as free men, not enslaved under madmen leaders... But, if some good can come of it, if a nation can be freed and people can start to really live without fear, although it would be hard at first (just like it was for our founding forefathers who struggled for years after the revolution), they would eventually be free, and living well. But, all good circumstances usually start with pain.

In the above statement, I do not see much difference between what Ashi wrote and what JW's preach: the change by force of people to a new way of life...a "better" way.

I don't think even the most pacifist poster on this board would try to defend Saddam as a ruler. He is obviously a threat to his own people and an all around evil dude.

What concerns me the most, is the precedence this sets. See what Ashi wrote again - for "economic reasons", we enforce "global policy". Whose Global Policy? Whose economy? Whose benefit?

And the comment, "all good circumstances usually start with pain"....??? Huh? Like Armageddon?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit