UN FINDS WMD...OK saddam lovers, what now?

by dolphman 280 Replies latest social current

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I'm just like a JW everybody!!!!

ash

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Crazy151drinker said:

Realist,

a) Saddam financially supports Muslim terror by giving money to the families of suicide bombers.

So do the Saudi's, so let's invade Saudi Arabia.

b) Saddam is a threat. You forget about his precious scuds. Saddam could launch Chemical and Biological weapons at Isreal in a heartbeat. He still has a couple of thousands tanks, yes outdated, but they could cause some havok never the less.

Isreal has nukes, it's shown it perfectly capable of defending itself, or do you forget the war it fought in the 60's?

c) You have no way of knowing that Saddam has NO WMD. Stuff is unaccounted for, he had a Nuclear program going for years. If he didnt have one, then why was he trying to buy uranium? We KNOW that he had Chemical and Biological Weapons and now we cant seem to find all of them. Are you suggesting they got 'lost'?? I know we lose ours all the time......

How does this affect us, since he can't use any of these against american soil?

d) While the war with Iran was encouraged due to our cold war ideals the war with Kuwait was not. You think that we wanted Saddam to have all that oil??? If anything we want STABILITY in the gulf to keep the supply of oil stable and prices firm.

Ah so you admit this war is about oil!

e) Not a mass murderer?? So the women and children he gassed were trying to kill him?? Saddams human rights violations are IMMENSE. Stop trying to put a halo on him. Here's a guy that brutally rapes and kills women and then sends a video tape of the incident to their families as a warning.

Ok, so why don't the Iraqi people overthrow him, I could see supporting such an overthrow, not outright invasion, who should replace Saddam, some Islamic Fundelmentalist?

f) Where do you get this crap from?? Sure we would love to control the oil. However, we are not the only ones. The French, Russians, and Chinese have oil contracts with Iraq and I doubt they are going to let us 'control' all the oil. Now your trying to say we are trying to get rid of environmental laws??? You are PARANOID. Control OPEC- well thats not a bad Idea.

Ahh so this make it's right?

• Robdar
    Robdar

Dude,

You really need to go back and re-read what you wrote: well, when youre a maniacal dictator who tortures anyone that opposes you, including your own flesh and blood...i suppose there would be a need for protection

If that is the only reason to have WMD, why, exactly, do we need all the weapons that we have? What is our need for all this protection? And dont tell me that the USA hasn't been guilty of killing her own in the past. Think back to Kent State, Ruby Ridge, Waco.

Saddam has a right to defend himself and his country. Same as us.

Since I am out of posts, edited to add: Try convincing a man who is secure and well-fed to strap a bomb to himself.

"Oh, you want me to go blow up some of the Infidels? Sure thing. Just give me a day or two, my soccer team is in the playoffs and I just got HDTV. Honey, will you bring me more hummus?"

Well spoken Wasasister! Girl, you rock!!

Love,

Robyn

Edited by - robdar on 17 January 2003 13:19:39

Edited by - robdar on 17 January 2003 13:21:55

• dubla
    dubla

realist-

so your only argument is that hussein is a mad man who hates the US in such irrational way that he would sacrifice his life for taking out one US target?

um, no, when did i say that was my only argument? you asked if i thought saddam was suicidal, and i answered yes and why. i dont think saddam would have to sacrifice his life to take out one u.s. target....that is just absurd. i dont assume that hell actually suicide bomb a target. but i do believe that he thinks he could get away with it, for a time, hell hes gotten away with all kinds of atrocities up till now, and he probably helped fund 9/11 for all i know. for all any of us know, hes got visions of someday ruling the world.....hes a madman, who knows what his exact plans are?

aa

• wasasister
    wasasister
    We live in hell right now. Nation's like Saddams don't care if every non-muslim dies...hell, they don't care if their own countrymen die.

Really? Where do you live? Cleveland?

It's pretty nice where I live. I drive to work everyday burning the cheapest gasoline on the planet. I have a well-paying job and a home in a great neighborhood. Nobody has thorwn a pipe bomb into my local Starbucks (and there are approximately 20 of them within spitting distance).

Nope, the Iraqi people don't care if they die. But if they are fed and housed and have jobs, they might want to live.

Try convincing a man who is secure and well-fed to strap a bomb to himself.

"Oh, you want me to go blow up some of the Infidels? Sure thing. Just give me a day or two, my soccer team is in the playoffs and I just got HDTV. Honey, will you bring me more hummis?"

Edited by - wasasister on 17 January 2003 13:16:24

• siegswife
    siegswife
    Bush said it from 9-11 on, any country that harbor's or condones terror is an enemy. Tell me Sadam does not qualify on both counts.

That pretty much describes all of the middle east, least of which is Iraq, considering that Sadam isn't a muslim fundamentalist. He's more of a capitalistic fascist (sound familiar?). Let's not forget Asia, Europe and Canada. I'm sure that S. America harbors some of them and last but not least, it seems that the good old USA could fit that bill too since the 911 hijackers were happily living here until that day...hmmm...where does it end?

More importantly, why is Iraq the first country after Afganistan that fits the bill? It's apparent to most people that there are other countries with leaders who are more involved with the bankrolling and support of terrorists than Iraq.

I'm tired of hearing how he used WMD against his own people. Yes he's a dictator and no I don't like him, but do you really think that this country is beyond that sort of thing? Ever hear of Kent State University? Those American citizens weren't even armed, yet our government saw fit to shoot down those protesting students.

I'm also tired of Republican administrations bringing out the bloodlust in people and hiding their agenda's behind the guise of "national security". Give me a frickin' break!

• dubla
    dubla

rod-

i wrote that as half sarcasm.....it was you that originally implied the only reason saddam has wmd is for self defense. do i think thats the only reason for him to have them? hell no, i think thats completely ludicrous.

If that is the only reason to have WMD, why, exactly, do we need all the weapons that we have?

thats what i was asking of saddam in the first place! why does he need them? you replied "self defense", which i think is just plain naive. if you can read the sarcasm in my yellow bolded statement in you post....does it start to make sense?

aa

Edited by - dubla on 17 January 2003 13:17:43

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Rob,

The proof is in numbers. We haven't killed thousands of our own people like Saddam has....the US has made mistakes in our own country, has admitted them, and has paid for them. It's time for Saddam to pay for the thousands of women, children and men he gassed in his own country. Please find something in American history that comes those to this type of inter-country genocide.

As for Wasa, I did admit that the US was doing it for econimic reasons, which are not good enough to go fight someone, but my point was, that if people were freed, even if a transfer to a democratic society was difficult at first, that it would be worth it, because eventually, they could become a nation like germany has become.....after WW2, they were doing terrible, and now they are a major democratic leader of Eastern Europe, treating thier people well, and leading wisely. Iraq could someday be like this, no matter what present day US intentions might be.

ash

• wasasister
    wasasister
    Please find something in American history that comes those to this type of inter-country genocide.

Ummmm....try asking any Native American....

• dubla
    dubla
    . Think back to Kent State, Ruby Ridge, Waco.

Saddam has a right to defend himself and his country. Same as us.

you are implying that the sanity level of saddam hussein, and the government we have in place are on equal planes. if that were so, i dont think wed be having this debate, because no one would be after him in the first place!

aa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit